ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-05, 10:33 PM

Bob1nba is on a distinguished road
I have some questions about Adderall XR

Alright, first off let me tell you guys I do not have ADD or ADHD (I used to have a minor case when I was younger so the doctors took me off Ritalin soon after). I don't know if this kind of thread is allowed here so if it's not appropiate, you can just lock/delete and do whatever you want. Now that that's out of the way...

One of my good friends obtained a good amount of some Adderall XR and being the curious guy I am, I decided to buy one 30 MG Adderall XR from him just to try once and only once, just to try it out. It's in the capsule form also if that means anything. I've read up alittle bit on the drug to find out what it was, it's effects, side effects, etc. but I still want to know more information before I actually take it... so I ask this:

1. The first thing I want to know is 30 MG too much for me to take for my first time? I don't want to overdose on this drug so I want to know if this is a big, small or medium dose.

2. I've heard that while your on this drug, it's almost impossible to eat a real meal or anything for that matter. Does that mean I won't be able to eat anything for the whole day the drug is in my body?

3. What effects should I feel, and how long after I take the pill should I feel them? How long do they last? Just general questions here.

4. If I take the pill at around 1 PM in the day, will I be able to get sleep at around 12-1 AM the same night?

5. Is it alright to mix marijuana or tobacco with this drug? If so, does it enhance the effects in anyway?

6. I also heard the come down was pretty bad. Is there anything I can do before or during the come down to make me feel better?

I know that this may look like a lot of questions but I want to make sure to be safe. Thanks in advance. If you can, and what would be even better, IM me at AIM - Bob1nba or MSN - Email Removed by admin so we can actually talk about it.

Last edited by Tara; 01-20-05 at 08:14 AM..
Old 01-19-05, 10:37 PM
ADDvanced Member

moonlily is on a distinguished road
No responsible person can/should enable you to abuse drugs. Its people like you that make it hard for people like us to get our drugs safely.
Old 01-19-05, 11:18 PM

Bob1nba is on a distinguished road
I know this isn't a good thing I'm doing and you can call it abusing drugs but it's just a one time thing just out of curisoity. I'm in my teenage years and I've tried a few different things, never steady, usually just one time which is what I plan on doing for Adderall XR. I knew that everyone here is well educated about this drug so I just want to ask some questions. I'd really be appreciative if you or anybody can just take some time and help me out. If not, I understand.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-05, 08:21 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Tara is a name known to allTara is a name known to allTara is a name known to allTara is a name known to allTara is a name known to allTara is a name known to all
This is an ADD/ADHD Support forum not a Forum for information about illegal recreational use of medications that helps treat ADD/ADHD. It's people like you who make it very hard for adults who really do have ADD/ADHD to get treatment.
Old 01-20-05, 03:15 PM
Forum ADDvocate

Gregster has a spectacular aura aboutGregster has a spectacular aura about
We really do have to draw the line on questions like this. Any question re drugs that's answered is given an addendenum - talk to your doctor - because they know the big picture of a patients health and the risks and they're trained for this stuff. We are here to reassure people, trade info, support each other and sometimes answer questions the doctor may not have touched on ..... Since you don't have doctor to question on this, any advice given could be huge liability risk as well as ethically questionable. You are on your own, sorry.