ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > PARENTS OF CHILDREN WITH ADD/ADHD > General Parenting Issues
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

General Parenting Issues The purpose of this forum is to discuss general parenting issues related to children with AD/HD(ADD & ADHD)

Old 10-07-09, 03:21 PM

Angel2626 is on a distinguished road
Re: You know your child is ADHD when...

Oh my goodness! This is my 7y/o!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by busyhermit View Post
When your six-year old still waits until the very last second to run to the toilet (every time), and BARELY makes it, because he can't bother with it until he simply can't hold it anymore.
Old 10-08-09, 06:57 PM
Jr Member

romeosidvicious is on a distinguished road

You know you have two ADHD kids in the house when you are on the phone with your wife and hear her say "Stop talking over her while she is interrupting my conversation with Daddy!"
60mg Vyvanse PM
~~~
And, isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit. - The Tick

Old 10-11-09, 10:11 PM

KAA76 is on a distinguished road

After 1 hr of "doing homework" he says, I dont understand this one mommy...and the entire page is blank...AND the new pencil is sharpened down to 1/8"!
Sponsored Links
Old 11-04-09, 01:35 PM

litlcntrygrl is on a distinguished road

"When your six-year old still waits until the very last second to run to the toilet (every time), and BARELY makes it, because he can't bother with it until he simply can't hold it anymore."

What about when your 8 year old spends 10 minutes standing in your doorway explaining how he has to go too bad, and there's no way he can hold it long enough to go to his bathroom (which btw was closer to him than yours to start with), and therefore has to use yours.
Old 11-17-09, 09:17 AM
Jr Member

Kimbo is on a distinguished road

when he leaves his shoes at school, for the third day running, and swears he didn't have them on when you dropped him off. (they turn up in his locker)

When he goes to the kitchen to make jam saarmies and sets the stove alight by trying to "deep fry" them.

when he does the "mom?" thing and ends up saying "ummmmm well.....i love you?"

when he tries to bath in Jik (bleach) because he doesnt want you to see the "tattoos" he drew all over himself with permanent marker!!

when u come home to a blue cat because he wanted him to be a power ranger

goes in to clean his room and ends up making a "battle zone" instead. ~ really mom, I like it this way~

when he leaves his pencils lying around and swears he is going to use them again.......now

When he drives everyone around us crazy by bouncing in the seat of a movie theater (thank the powers that be for DVD's)

When you find him sleeping in the bath, duvet and all, at 3 in the morning. "why did you put me here!?" (is sleepwalking a symptom of ADHD?)

and I'm sure we can all go on......great thread, makes one feel better about the things we deal with everyday.......
but admit it....our little geniuses are FANTASTICAL!

Mommy Madness !!
A healthy dose of ADHD - Blog
Old 11-17-09, 09:24 AM
Jr Member

Kimbo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by scully View Post
Hello...I'm new here as of today (I posted an introduction) but I couldn't resist posting on this thread.

My son is 8 (almost 9) and we had an "ADHD adventure" just this morning. He, being his usual impulsive self , decided to stick his tongue on a metal pole while waiting at the bus stop. We live in MI, so needless to say, his tongue froze to the pole...and we ended up in the urgent care. After telling a big whopper of a story about how he jumped off a stump and landed with his tongue on the pole (he lies/embellishes, non-stop), he finally admitted that he doesn't know why he did it...he just did.

Now, with a swollen and skinless tongue, we're sort-of-kind-of having a quiet day because he can't talk! I don't think our house has been this quiet in, well, 8 years.

*sorry to gross-out on my first real post, but I couldn't resist sharing*

Welcome to our world!
Scully
OMW i laughed so hard! sorry bout that, but mine has done a similar thing with the side bar in my (1960's) fridge......we had to get the ambulance out because he wouldn't let us touch him and just kept screaming!

Mommy Madness !!
A healthy dose of ADHD - Blog
Old 11-17-09, 01:36 PM
Forum Guru

MuscleMama has much to be proud ofMuscleMama has much to be proud ofMuscleMama has much to be proud ofMuscleMama has much to be proud ofMuscleMama has much to be proud ofMuscleMama has much to be proud ofMuscleMama has much to be proud ofMuscleMama has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimbo View Post
when u come home to a blue cat because he wanted him to be a power ranger
Hahahaha!!!
Old 12-24-09, 01:43 AM
ADDvanced Member

whorton will become famous soon enough

When the principal of your son's school calls you because his running laps around the lunch room during lunch and won't stop. --- Happened twice in one week.
Old 12-27-09, 10:09 AM

Kryistina is on a distinguished road

Oh my goodness! LOL

@9yrs~ She used peanut butter to adhere her artwork to the living room wall.

or

@6yrs~ She cut her swimsuit in half because she wanted a two-piece.

or, for my other child;

@4yrs~ She painted all of the pets bright green the acrylic paint mommy forgot to put away...
Old 01-02-10, 02:18 PM

Kirstie is on a distinguished road

this year my 7yr olds teacher called me in and she said at least once a day my son will get up out of his seat during class and go to her desk to tell her a story

when he was 5yrs we were in target and he asked me for a toy i said no but he could go and look. 10min later i found him sitting on the floor in his school uniform holding out his hat yelling out "$1!! $2!!" and asking people to put coins in his hat. This is one of many of his money making schemes

I regularly have to drive back to the school because he has left his bag, lunch etc at home

He regularly loses parts of his uniform

He cannot remember what he had for lunch 2 hrs ago but will describe the cartoon he just watched (like a zombie) in incredible detail.

"huh" "i dont know" "i didnt hear you" are the 3 most common phrases he uses

its nearly impossible to get him to walk away from the TV or the computer, he backs out of the lounge room slowly because he. just. cant. stop. watching!!

the back of my car is filled with shredded tissues

I ask my son what he did at school and he tells me that that is the one question im not allowed to ask because i ask to often but i know its because he cant remember

Two teachers have asked me to get his hearing checked out. i have done this, twice, his hearing is perfect.

he also spends 80% of the time he is home in his undies
Old 01-02-10, 07:11 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 23,685 Times in 10,950 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

4th grade and 5th grade were a nightmare for my granddaughter and I. At least 3 days a week she would get off the bus and when I asked her if she had any homework to get started on - she'd suddenly remember that she left some of it at school. So we'd jump into gramma's minivan real quick and rush back to school so she could get into the classroom and get her homework out of her desk before the teacher locked the classroom and left for the day. Most of the time we made it, sometimes we didn't.

Then we agreed to a trial of Concerta and that problem practically vanished.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
Old 01-02-10, 09:15 PM
ADDvanced Member

whorton will become famous soon enough

You son has colored on the wall with marker grandparents brought him when he was 3. Then when you are disciplining him he is yelling "WHAT DID I DO????????"

Grandparents only get him the Wonder Markers and paints after that fiasco. Maybe when he is seven I will try regular markers again.
Old 01-02-10, 11:22 PM
Jr Member

Mikaylas_Mommy will become famous soon enough

[b]Well I have stories from my daughter and from my little cousin.....

Daughters Stories......

She decided to paint herself to be a zebra after watching madagascar 50 times....only she did it with a black sharpie....and painted the bed (blankets...pillows.....sheets)

Her bed and dresser and walls in her room have stickers and drawing with sharpies.

She loses her backpack or homework folder several times a week.

You find packs of half eatten crackers/chips etc.. in her dresser drawers!

The whole mom....mom.....what Mikayla.....I love you mommy (cause she forgot what she wanted) and you can't get angry because she is saying I love you mommy

She asks how come I can't have dairy daddy had ADD too.....just the boy form and he can have milk!

She tells everyone EVERYTHING.....the cashier at walmart knows your date of birth....address....full name.....and would probably know your social if your child did!

Cousins Stories.....

He once started a forrest fire from play with matches

His dads guns were locked up but not the bullets.....so he decided to get a bullet....put it on the concrete patio......get a hammer.....hit the bullet with a hammer.....which caused it to fire and shot himself in the arm. (he told the doctor he was shot by a drive by shooter) He lives in the woods with no one around!

At the age five he woke up in midst of winter before his mom and was found outside with only underwear on spraying the chickens with a water hose and angrily throwing food at them....When asked what he was doing he replied I am feeding these Fing chickens so they will shut up and I can sleep!
Officially Diagnosed With Inattentive 12/30/2009
Adderall XR 5mg Once A Day 12/30/2009
01/04/2010 switched to vtvanse 30mg
ADD Daughter...ADHD Husband
The Following User Says Thank You to Mikaylas_Mommy For This Useful Post:
Soccerdad (04-24-13)
Old 01-09-10, 06:29 PM
Jr Member

smoreland is on a distinguished road

You know your child is ADHD when.................
Your talking to the doctor about them and they look up completely mid adult conversation and say my dog died.
she comes out of her room after a melt down and says whats your problem
while getting a drink of water forgets what she wanted while the water runs
Old 01-15-10, 03:51 PM

missyelliotte is on a distinguished road

this blog is so funny thanks to everyone who made me laugh! my son is 8 and a lots of this i can associate with as loui does most of these things! lol!