ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > PARENTS OF CHILDREN WITH ADD/ADHD > General Parenting Issues
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

General Parenting Issues The purpose of this forum is to discuss general parenting issues related to children with AD/HD(ADD & ADHD)

Old 02-21-08, 12:50 PM

MommaHen03 will become famous soon enough
Re: You know your child is ADHD when...

You know your child is ADHD when a 200 count package of paper disapears in less than 2 hours only to reappear as tinny little squares cut up everywhere!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MommaHen03 For This Useful Post:
annonemus (06-15-10), cntrykris (06-09-11), Imnapl (02-23-08)
Old 02-21-08, 06:07 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 23,685 Times in 10,950 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaHen03 View Post
You know your child is ADHD when a 200 count package of paper disapears in less than 2 hours only to reappear as tinny little squares cut up everywhere!
The whole package? I guess I was lucky that my granddaughter only swiped about a dozen sheets of paper at a time. Or I was better about catching her before she used them all.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
Old 02-21-08, 06:14 PM

Scattered is a name known to allScattered is a name known to allScattered is a name known to allScattered is a name known to allScattered is a name known to allScattered is a name known to allScattered is a name known to all

You know your child is ADHD when:

* You take her to the doctor to have her hearing tested, because she isn't responding to your requests and the doctor says, "Her hearing is fine -- there may be some attentional problems!"

* The other children are quietly listening to the story at church while she is swinging from the rafters of the small model church in the kid's room.

* Your mom tells you, "She's just like you were as a child!"

"You're slow because you don't listen and you're forgetful!" - 7th grade friend
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Scattered For This Useful Post:
Colin (07-26-08), crazycat1990 (06-05-09), eksulli (04-21-12), Imnapl (02-23-08), Woman on the Verge (09-17-08)
Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-08, 07:19 PM

Thanked 3,789 Times in 1,932 Posts
Imnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond repute

. . . when he's the youngest kid in the school to show up for the jogging club when it was -20ēCelsius. The teacher in charge was so impressed, he had a special award engraved for the enthusiastic seven year old. Who knew?

Phaedrus

Old 02-21-08, 07:21 PM

Imnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond repute

. . . I turned my back on my fourteen month old daughter in a petting zoo. She was dressed like a dolly in frills and lace and kissing the dirtiest sheep I've ever seen!

Phaedrus

Old 02-21-08, 08:23 PM

Scattered is a name known to allScattered is a name known to allScattered is a name known to allScattered is a name known to allScattered is a name known to allScattered is a name known to allScattered is a name known to all

Imnapl, I think I'd really like your kids! Nothing like determination!

The Following User Says Thank You to Scattered For This Useful Post:
Imnapl (02-22-08)
Old 02-22-08, 02:30 AM

Thanks, Scattered. Your little wild child sounds like my kind of kid too. I love this thread.

Phaedrus

Old 02-22-08, 11:00 AM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

busyhermit is just really nicebusyhermit is just really nicebusyhermit is just really nicebusyhermit is just really nice

My son really loves soccer, and loves playing. But when it's his group's turn to go on the field, his teammates jump up from the bench and go onto the field - leaving him sitting on the bench playing with his water bottle. The coach has to holler his name a couple of times to get his attention and get him out on the field. Then, of course, there are the moments that the ball is kicked directly to him, but he doesn't even see it coming because he's looking at something out in the crowd.

"PARADISE... is exactly like where you are right now, only much... much... better..." - Laurie Anderson

I must've gotten here late because I didn't get the hand-out...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to busyhermit For This Useful Post:
Gryphonfyre (01-24-16), Imnapl (02-23-08)
Old 02-23-08, 08:03 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

wifeandmom is a splendid one to beholdwifeandmom is a splendid one to beholdwifeandmom is a splendid one to beholdwifeandmom is a splendid one to beholdwifeandmom is a splendid one to beholdwifeandmom is a splendid one to beholdwifeandmom is a splendid one to behold

One minute your five year old dd is happily swinging from the monkey bars (that elevated ladder thing) at the park. You turn to speak to another parent and notice the look of terror on his face. You turn around to see your lovely child standing on top of the monkey bars, fists over her head a la Rocky Balboa.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wifeandmom For This Useful Post:
βĩο₱Ħعℓĩ (06-20-10), Imnapl (02-23-08), JanelleC (01-24-13), Mommy2Max (04-06-13)
Old 02-23-08, 08:05 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

wifeandmom is a splendid one to beholdwifeandmom is a splendid one to beholdwifeandmom is a splendid one to beholdwifeandmom is a splendid one to beholdwifeandmom is a splendid one to beholdwifeandmom is a splendid one to beholdwifeandmom is a splendid one to behold

You get a call from the Kindergarten teacher asking you to explain to your daughter (again) that she needs to stop flashing everyone in class to prove that all mammals have nipples.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to wifeandmom For This Useful Post:
bunkie68 (10-21-08), cntrykris (06-09-11), GabesMom (03-15-11), ginniebean (08-02-10), Imnapl (02-23-08), Judia (09-06-09), LynneC (04-26-10), Woman on the Verge (09-17-08)
Old 02-23-08, 09:27 PM

Thanked 3,533 Times in 1,807 Posts
Lady Lark has a reputation beyond reputeLady Lark has a reputation beyond reputeLady Lark has a reputation beyond reputeLady Lark has a reputation beyond reputeLady Lark has a reputation beyond reputeLady Lark has a reputation beyond reputeLady Lark has a reputation beyond reputeLady Lark has a reputation beyond reputeLady Lark has a reputation beyond reputeLady Lark has a reputation beyond reputeLady Lark has a reputation beyond repute

I found Steven one day sitting on the floor of his room drinking the mustard right out of the bottle. He looked up at me and said in this sad little voice, "Mommy it's hot."

He still doesn't want mustard to this day, and that was over five years ago!

I'm really glad that worked. Those would have been terrible last words.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lady Lark For This Useful Post:
Imnapl (02-23-08), Leigha01 (05-30-08)
Old 02-24-08, 11:37 AM

Thanked 23,685 Times in 10,950 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wifeandmom View Post
One minute your five year old dd is happily swinging from the monkey bars (that elevated ladder thing) at the park. You turn to speak to another parent and notice the look of terror on his face. You turn around to see your lovely child standing on top of the monkey bars, fists over her head a la Rocky Balboa.
Yep, that sounds like my granddaughter. She was climbing on things when she was only 2 that were taller than my head. Scared the crap out of me since I'm horribly scared of heights, but she has never fallen.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
Imnapl (02-24-08), Judia (09-06-09), reesah (02-24-08)
Old 02-24-08, 12:28 PM
Forum Guru

reesah is a name known to allreesah is a name known to allreesah is a name known to allreesah is a name known to allreesah is a name known to allreesah is a name known to all

3 stories from my childhood.

...when you have to call the fire department because your seven year old can't climb back down out of a 100 ft tall tree

...when your 8 yr old is left field in softball, and a ball finally gets hit to her zone, and it hits her and knocks her out because she was sitting down looking for 4 leaf clovers

(this one is my brother. he is ADD...more even than me)
...when your four year old is told to go get dressed, goes into his room for hal an hour, and comes out naked except for being colored with permanent marker from the neck to the knees. FULLY colored. every bit of him. with black marker.

it took weeks for my mom to get it cleaned off. his knees were black for a month.
where do I start, where do I begin?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to reesah For This Useful Post:
ginniebean (08-02-10), Gryphonfyre (01-24-16), Imnapl (02-24-08)
Old 02-24-08, 01:37 PM

Quote:
You get a call from the Kindergarten teacher asking you to explain to your daughter (again) that she needs to stop flashing everyone in class to prove that all mammals have nipples.
Ah -- a budding scientist!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scattered For This Useful Post:
Imnapl (02-24-08), Judia (09-06-09)
Old 02-24-08, 03:36 PM
ADDvanced Member

Pray4Him is a jewel in the roughPray4Him is a jewel in the roughPray4Him is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
When my son was in the 3rd grade he got sent home b/c he dropped his pants in front of a girl in the playground. When asked why he did it he looked at my ex with a straight face and said "she dared me too." My ex's reply was "if she asked you to jump off a bridge would you?" Again without missing a beat my son said "That question's so stupid I'm not even going to answer it!"

At that point I had to leave the room!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Pray4Him For This Useful Post:
apinkpony (11-19-09), Gryphonfyre (01-24-16), Imnapl (02-24-08), keemekee2 (12-26-08), Leigha01 (05-30-08), RamblinDad (10-12-08), till (06-10-10)