ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > PARENTS OF CHILDREN WITH ADD/ADHD > General Parenting Issues
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

General Parenting Issues The purpose of this forum is to discuss general parenting issues related to children with AD/HD(ADD & ADHD)

Old 02-24-08, 03:37 PM
ADDvanced Member

Pray4Him is a jewel in the roughPray4Him is a jewel in the roughPray4Him is a jewel in the rough
Re: You know your child is ADHD when...

In regard to the above post.. I forgot to mention that he had forgotten to put underwear on that morning!
The Following User Says Thank You to Pray4Him For This Useful Post:
Imnapl (02-24-08)
Old 02-24-08, 04:07 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 3,789 Times in 1,932 Posts
Imnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond repute

Pray4Him, you have reminded me of one of those moments that will test one's self-control. Picture a kindergarten class all sitting on the floor during circle time. I don't remember what the discussion was about that set off the behavior, but all of a sudden one of the boys jumped up, pulled down his pants, turned around and pointed to a scar on one of his buttocks. The teacher looked at me with a twinkle in her eye and I had to bite my lip VERY hard as she acted like this was an every day occurrence in kindergarten and went on with the discussion. I loved that woman.

Phaedrus

The Following User Says Thank You to Imnapl For This Useful Post:
Leigha01 (05-30-08)
Old 02-24-08, 04:14 PM
ADDvanced Member

Pray4Him is a jewel in the roughPray4Him is a jewel in the roughPray4Him is a jewel in the rough

We need more like her. Unlike that boy mine got a file put in his records saying he had behavioural problems of a sexual nature!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pray4Him For This Useful Post:
Judia (09-06-09), Leigha01 (05-30-08)
Sponsored Links
Old 02-25-08, 03:49 AM

madderakka will become famous soon enough

When you go to pick your 3 year old up from "sunday school" and all the kids are sitting in chairs listening to the announcements- except yours who is in the aide's lap with her arms around him, still wiggling and kicking his legs trying to get free.
When you let your 5 year old out to play in the snow while you find your gloves and 5 minutes later you see him naked, in the back yard shivering after he had picked the lock on the basement door and went for a swim in the hot tub- and left his clothes in the hot tub clogging the filter of course.
When you walk into a room and see mustard, lotion, vaseline etc smeared all over the wall and it doesn't even phase you
The Following User Says Thank You to madderakka For This Useful Post:
Imnapl (02-26-08)
Old 02-25-08, 09:15 AM
ADDvanced Member

I am beginning to think parents of kids with ADHD keep cleaning companies in business lol
The Following User Says Thank You to Pray4Him For This Useful Post:
Cecily (05-13-12)
Old 02-25-08, 10:58 AM

Thanked 3,533 Times in 1,807 Posts
Lady Lark has a reputation beyond reputeLady Lark has a reputation beyond reputeLady Lark has a reputation beyond reputeLady Lark has a reputation beyond reputeLady Lark has a reputation beyond reputeLady Lark has a reputation beyond reputeLady Lark has a reputation beyond reputeLady Lark has a reputation beyond reputeLady Lark has a reputation beyond reputeLady Lark has a reputation beyond reputeLady Lark has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pray4Him View Post
I am beginning to think parents of kids with ADHD keep cleaning companies in business lol
I have though on more then one occasion to buy stock in Clorox and Lysol.

I'm really glad that worked. Those would have been terrible last words.
Old 02-26-08, 03:31 PM

janyben will become famous soon enough

When you leave a new set of cloths out for your 6 yr old son .. he dresses himself and even has his shirt on the right way (which never happens) so you are feeling extra happy at the ease of the morning routine this moring. At the end of the day it's jammie time and when he undresses, you notice he not only put on his new underwear, he didnt take off the old! He put the new underpants on right over the old ones!

When you leave your 7 yr old son to finish his homework and go back to check on him 10 minutes later and not one more single question was answered, but there is now a lovely drawing of Mom and Tyler, complete with big muscles, covering the whole entire page!

Or, you check your son's backpack for papers and homework and find a note from the teacher that says "Tyler misplaced his bookbag. Please look for it at home!" but the note is IN the bookbag!

Or,
"Mumma" ...
"Mummaaa" .....
"Mummmmaaaaaa....."
"Tyler, come into this room if you want to talk to me, I can't hear you out there."
He walks into room "Ummm.... I forgot what I was going to say!"
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to janyben For This Useful Post:
Colin (07-26-08), GabesMom (03-15-11), Imnapl (02-26-08)
Old 02-26-08, 06:50 PM

Thanked 23,685 Times in 10,950 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Wow - I think my granddaughter puts on her clothing backwards more often than frontwards. Even the t-shirts that have a v-neck in the front end up backwards - how can she not notice that? At least she finally learned which shoe goes on which foot.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following User Says Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
Imnapl (02-26-08)
Old 02-26-08, 08:56 PM

Thanked 3,533 Times in 1,807 Posts
Lady Lark has a reputation beyond reputeLady Lark has a reputation beyond reputeLady Lark has a reputation beyond reputeLady Lark has a reputation beyond reputeLady Lark has a reputation beyond reputeLady Lark has a reputation beyond reputeLady Lark has a reputation beyond reputeLady Lark has a reputation beyond reputeLady Lark has a reputation beyond reputeLady Lark has a reputation beyond reputeLady Lark has a reputation beyond repute

Steven will be scratching at the tag (that's in front) and when I point out to him that his shirt is on backwards he just shrugs and goes on with life.

I don't get it.

I'm really glad that worked. Those would have been terrible last words.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lady Lark For This Useful Post:
Imnapl (02-26-08)
Old 03-03-08, 04:52 PM

Annabanana will become famous soon enough

Boo-Hoo, Waaaaaaaaaa!!!! HAAAAAAAAAAAA! WAAHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!

I CAN'T FIND MY KITTY!

Where's My Kitty!

I Can't Find my Kitty!

Where's my Kitty!

Mom - Here it is dear

5 minutes later......

I CAN'T FIND MY KITTY!

Where's My Kitty!

I Can't Find my Kitty!

Where's my Kitty!

Mom - Here it is dear

5 minutes later......

I CAN'T FIND MY KITTY!

Where's My Kitty!

I Can't Find my Kitty!

Where's my Kitty!

Mom - Here it is dear

5 minutes later......

I CAN'T FIND MY KITTY!

Where's My Kitty!

I Can't Find my Kitty!

Where's my Kitty!

Mom - Here it is dear
Old 03-08-08, 07:54 PM
Contributor

Tilly will become famous soon enough

Good idea!

When the receptionist at the doctors office gets up to close her door.

When your son does a somersault on the altar during the concecration of the Eucharist. (now I know it was the strawberry milk he drank before we left).

When you call your 2 year old Mr. Magoo because you constantly find him dancing on tables and teetering on the top of ladders.

When most of the family refers him to some type of weather like a tornedo, a huricaine....

When your brother in law asks you to qet him to be quiet and you say "If you can think of a way then let me know" to which he responds "then can you get him to go somewhere I'm not"

All I have to say is thank god feingold worked for us!
Old 04-03-08, 07:26 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

wifeandmom is a splendid one to beholdwifeandmom is a splendid one to beholdwifeandmom is a splendid one to beholdwifeandmom is a splendid one to beholdwifeandmom is a splendid one to beholdwifeandmom is a splendid one to beholdwifeandmom is a splendid one to behold

When your high school junior is the last one to finish the multiple choice test because she couldn't resist being creative. The answers were labeled A, B, C etc. The students were instructed to fill in the space, which looked like this: ( ) next to their answer. Daughter filled in all of the A ( )'s with the symbol for Yin and Yang, all of the B ( )'s with a smiley face, all of the C ( )'s with a peace symbol . . . . .

The entire class had to sit quietly until the last student (mine) finished the test. Everyone thought she was being really careful checking over her work.
Old 04-05-08, 12:33 AM

ldyluck42 is on a distinguished road

Great thread!

* When your 9 yr old is in the middle of a baseball game and he's the only one on the trean out in the outfield chasing a butterfly or digging for worms.

* When your child has been kicked out of 2 daycares by the age of 3 yrs old.

* When this happens multiple times a day.
"Mom!"
"Yes son"
"Mom!"
"What?"
"MOM!"
"Come in here, I can't hear you in there"
**he walks in the room**
"What did you want son?"
"Ummm, nevermind"
The Following User Says Thank You to ldyluck42 For This Useful Post:
ADDAWAY (04-05-08)
Old 04-05-08, 12:35 AM

ldyluck42 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pray4Him View Post
When my son was in the 3rd grade he got sent home b/c he dropped his pants in front of a girl in the playground. When asked why he did it he looked at my ex with a straight face and said "she dared me too." My ex's reply was "if she asked you to jump off a bridge would you?" Again without missing a beat my son said "That question's so stupid I'm not even going to answer it!"

At that point I had to leave the room!
LOL! When I ask my son the question "if he ask you to jump off a bridge, would you?" My son replied back with "If it had water under it, and it was deep enough, I would"
Old 04-07-08, 06:26 PM
Contributor

Jarleigannor has a spectacular aura aboutJarleigannor has a spectacular aura about

Holy moly. How about when you sit and read this thread and can relate to just about each and every post? lol
In which case, I'd like to add being able to tell exactly how distracted your child has been based on the size and intensity of the knots in her hair on the right side of her head. And you can also tell how anxious she's been by the combination of the callus on her left thumb and the stiffness of the hair on the left side of her head, which she will have been sticking up her nose while sucking her thumb. And she's nearly 6.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jarleigannor For This Useful Post:
crazycat1990 (06-05-09), Imnapl (04-07-08)