ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > PARENTS OF CHILDREN WITH ADD/ADHD > General Parenting Issues
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

General Parenting Issues The purpose of this forum is to discuss general parenting issues related to children with AD/HD(ADD & ADHD)

Old 07-28-11, 12:49 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 10,438 Times in 3,291 Posts
Dizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Dizfriz's corner

OneHotMess

Welcome! ADD Forums has been a real help to a lot of parents and adults dealing with ADHD. You will find a wealth of information and experience here for your use.

Dizfriz
The Following User Says Thank You to Dizfriz For This Useful Post:
OneHotMess (07-29-11)
Old 01-21-12, 03:34 PM
Jr Member

JJS8384 will become famous soon enough

I want to thank you for the very useful info. My husband was diagnosed as a child and with a combination of wrong meds and a parent that didn't care he has been struggling his whole life.

But now that our 6 yr old is being diagnosed with ADHD, it has miraculously opened his eyes and mine, that there are ways to deal with this.

This site has been a Blessing. My son has a 2nd apt with the DR to evaluate and determine our plan, but I want to be prepared before we get going, and this helps so much.

Thanks a bunch!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JJS8384 For This Useful Post:
Dizfriz (01-22-12), ginniebean (04-10-12), LynneC (01-23-12), pechemignonne (01-21-12)
Old 02-23-13, 12:02 AM
Jr Member

Laetha is on a distinguished road

Very nice There are a few things that helped me out here that I hadn't thought of. The 30% rule make alot of sense and I can see it now that I read that section. Many thanks in adding all this to the forums!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Laetha For This Useful Post:
Dizfriz (02-23-13), LynneC (02-25-13)
Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-13, 09:35 AM

Dizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond repute

I was browsing some ADHD sites the other day and on one I was criticized for my lack of editing and grammar skills in Dizfriz's corner.

I just want to make a note that this is mostly neurological and not a matter of skill.

Not a big deal but I want to clarify the issue. The essays were written simply to get some information into the hands of people who wish it. Basically what you see is what you get and I am not too concerned about the writing details.

So take them for what they are.

Dizfriz
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dizfriz For This Useful Post:
Amtram (05-08-13), APSJ (05-08-13), Fortune (05-08-13), ginniebean (05-08-13), JenE (05-08-13), LynneC (05-08-13), sarahsweets (05-09-13)
Old 05-08-13, 12:14 PM

Thanked 21,896 Times in 7,981 Posts
ginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond repute

Some people need to get a life.
The Following User Says Thank You to ginniebean For This Useful Post:
Dizfriz (05-08-13)
Old 05-08-13, 01:08 PM

Thanked 23,664 Times in 10,942 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

If they can't see the difference between sharing information on a forum -
and - writing something meant to be published, Sarah's advice is spot on:
they can **** it!

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
Dizfriz (05-08-13), ginniebean (05-08-13)
Old 05-08-13, 05:58 PM

Thanked 4,312 Times in 2,016 Posts
LynneC has a reputation beyond reputeLynneC has a reputation beyond reputeLynneC has a reputation beyond reputeLynneC has a reputation beyond reputeLynneC has a reputation beyond reputeLynneC has a reputation beyond reputeLynneC has a reputation beyond reputeLynneC has a reputation beyond reputeLynneC has a reputation beyond reputeLynneC has a reputation beyond reputeLynneC has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizfriz View Post
I was browsing some ADHD sites the other day and on one I was criticized for my lack of editing and grammar skills in Dizfriz's corner.
Apparently some people can't see the forest for the trees...
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LynneC For This Useful Post:
Amtram (05-08-13), Bazinga (05-08-13), Dizfriz (05-08-13), ginniebean (05-08-13)
Old 05-09-13, 06:14 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 28,902 Times in 13,075 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Those nitpicky morons need to go F**K themselves. Dont sweat it.

I carried a watermelon?

I've always been one of a kind. It just hasnt always been positive.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
Blanched Dubois (09-16-13), ginniebean (05-09-13)
Old 05-09-13, 03:31 PM

The actual post was quite supportive it is just that the point was made about proofreading and grammar skills.

I wanted to make sure that it is understood that the problem is not so much in the skills as a neurological issue. I can proof read until the cows come home and will still miss stuff. I don't wish to get into the reasons for the hard wiring defects right now but just wanted to let others know where the problems stem from.

I decided when I started to write the essays that I was not going to worry about this all that much as long as I could communicate what I wanted to get across.

I have mentioned in several of the essays that I was a terrible proofreader. I had even had LynneC help with one of the essays. It was kind of her to help and it did make a difference.

So yes, I am well aware that the essay's are lacking in effective proofreading and as a result grammar errors are often missed.

What you see is what I got so I hope that those omissions and errors do not take away too much from the message.

Thanks all for the support. My purpose was to make a couple of, to me, important points for the sake of clarification.

Dizfriz
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dizfriz For This Useful Post:
Amtram (05-09-13), LynneC (05-14-13)
Old 06-20-13, 09:10 AM

Location: you carry your claim wherever you go - bob wier ACE
Thanked 1,467 Times in 923 Posts
Blanched Dubois has a brilliant futureBlanched Dubois has a brilliant futureBlanched Dubois has a brilliant futureBlanched Dubois has a brilliant futureBlanched Dubois has a brilliant futureBlanched Dubois has a brilliant futureBlanched Dubois has a brilliant futureBlanched Dubois has a brilliant futureBlanched Dubois has a brilliant futureBlanched Dubois has a brilliant futureBlanched Dubois has a brilliant future

Such a great job with this Dizfriz = thank you.

~ Sir Winston Churchill
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blanched Dubois For This Useful Post:
Dizfriz (06-20-13), LynneC (06-21-13)
Old 09-16-13, 05:44 PM

Location: you carry your claim wherever you go - bob wier ACE
Thanked 1,467 Times in 923 Posts
Blanched Dubois has a brilliant futureBlanched Dubois has a brilliant futureBlanched Dubois has a brilliant futureBlanched Dubois has a brilliant futureBlanched Dubois has a brilliant futureBlanched Dubois has a brilliant futureBlanched Dubois has a brilliant futureBlanched Dubois has a brilliant futureBlanched Dubois has a brilliant futureBlanched Dubois has a brilliant futureBlanched Dubois has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
Those nitpicky morons need to go F**K themselves. Dont sweat it.
i just love sarahshweeetz! <3<3<3

~ Sir Winston Churchill
The Following User Says Thank You to Blanched Dubois For This Useful Post:
Dizfriz (09-17-13)
Old 04-03-17, 01:22 PM

zzzsmokeyzzz is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the links! I love learning more about ADHD and other disabilities. I have a 13 year old with autism/ADHD diagnosis.
The Following User Says Thank You to zzzsmokeyzzz For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (04-03-17)