ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Advocacy, Coaching, Counseling and Practitioner Referrals > United States Referrals > United States - Pacific Coast and Western U.S. > Events and News
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Events and News Workshops, seminars, and current events regarding ADHD from within the entire Pacific Coast and Western Region. Also interesting news from the region in regards to ADHD.

Old 05-29-08, 11:20 PM

FrankD is on a distinguished road
Side Effects of Concerta on a six your old

I have a six year old that I truely beleive has been mis-diagnosed with ADHA and subsequently my ex put him on Concerta. Now the first thing I noticed is his face is cracking, stomach is bloating yet his chest seems likes its sinking in.. from like malnutrition. He has odd mood swings from over excited to crying in short bursts.. then back to whatever it is. I'm affraid that it will ruin him for life.. I want to take him off it.. HELP !
Old 09-17-08, 10:43 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 3,129 Times in 1,638 Posts
Song of Mercy has a brilliant futureSong of Mercy has a brilliant futureSong of Mercy has a brilliant futureSong of Mercy has a brilliant futureSong of Mercy has a brilliant futureSong of Mercy has a brilliant futureSong of Mercy has a brilliant futureSong of Mercy has a brilliant futureSong of Mercy has a brilliant futureSong of Mercy has a brilliant futureSong of Mercy has a brilliant future
Re: Side Effects of Concerta on a six your old

Time to get proactive Frank. If you have joint custody then you have the right to speak to the dr your self with your concerns, additionally you can insist on a second opinion. I understand from experience the sense of powerlessness that not being the custodian of your child can bring. I fought in court for 11 years to first get rights (i did not have joint custody), and then to excercise my rights concerning my out of home daughter. It was exspensive, heart wrenching, and one of the things in this world I got right.

The question that you have to ask yourself is which price are you going to pay: the price of regret, or the price of doing the right thing.

I know I have spoken strongly in this post, it is because I really do understand the inaction that feeling out of control can bring. You are all your child has...go help him. you CAN do this.