ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 10-27-11, 08:58 AM
ADDvanced Contributor

full_throttle is just really nicefull_throttle is just really nicefull_throttle is just really nicefull_throttle is just really nice
Good things about ADD/ADHD

There might already be a thread on this, but I would like to say the good points about my ADD (^ v ^)v
(Sorry my points are a bit lame, but please write some of yours.)

1) Can be involved in a 3 minute conversation by just saying " uh huh, yeah that's true, I see" at the pauses, not knowing anything that was said and with the other person leaving satisfied.

2) Can have about 20 different addventures (day dreams) in a meeting, while everyone else is looking at the watches waiting for time to pass.

3) Can forget about the totally crappy day 2 days ago without even trying.

4) Can keep meeting new people, even if it's the same person 3 different times.

5) Can get great exercise by running back and forth to keep getting forgotten things.

6) Can have a treasure hunt every time I need something.

7) Have an original organizing system that no one else can figure out.

Please ADD some more...
    へ
    じ

"One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important."

Bertrand Russell
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to full_throttle For This Useful Post:
BouCoupDinkyDau (10-27-11), BR549 (10-27-11), KronarTheBlack (10-27-11), Lunacie (10-27-11), Marzipan (10-27-11), pechemignonne (10-27-11), Redrightnow (10-27-11), shysmile (10-27-11)
Old 10-27-11, 09:10 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 26,973 Times in 12,580 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Good things about ADD/ADHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by full_throttle View Post
There might already be a thread on this, but I would like to say the good points about my ADD (^ v ^)v
(Sorry my points are a bit lame, but please write some of yours.)

1) Can be involved in a 3 minute conversation by just saying " uh huh, yeah that's true, I see" at the pauses, not knowing anything that was said and with the other person leaving satisfied.

2) Can have about 20 different addventures (day dreams) in a meeting, while everyone else is looking at the watches waiting for time to pass.

3) Can forget about the totally crappy day 2 days ago without even trying.

4) Can keep meeting new people, even if it's the same person 3 different times.

5) Can get great exercise by running back and forth to keep getting forgotten things.

6) Can have a treasure hunt every time I need something.

7) Have an original organizing system that no one else can figure out.

Please ADD some more...
I was expecting another "gifter" post, but this was hilarious.

* Can reread books because I've forgotten I read them before.

* Can watch movies a second time without remembering much about them
from the first viewing.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
BouCoupDinkyDau (10-27-11), BR549 (10-27-11), full_throttle (10-27-11), Marzipan (10-27-11), pechemignonne (10-27-11)
Old 10-27-11, 11:20 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 33,105 Times in 15,355 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

I have xray vision and can fly.

I carried a watermelon?
The Following User Says Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
full_throttle (10-27-11)
Sponsored Links
Old 10-27-11, 11:36 AM

Thanked 1,691 Times in 1,107 Posts
sighduck has a brilliant futuresighduck has a brilliant futuresighduck has a brilliant futuresighduck has a brilliant futuresighduck has a brilliant futuresighduck has a brilliant futuresighduck has a brilliant futuresighduck has a brilliant futuresighduck has a brilliant futuresighduck has a brilliant futuresighduck has a brilliant future

I never have to worry about bearing grudges, or forgiving people, i always forget what people did wrong to me.... even when i try not to
Old 10-27-11, 12:28 PM

Thanked 4,317 Times in 1,871 Posts
pechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond repute

1. If I want to make sure I won't give in to temptation, all I have to do is put temptation out of my line of sight.

e.g.:

If I have a bag of cookies anywhere visible, they will be eaten. If they are in the kitchen cupboard behind the cereal, I will completely forget about them.

2. I know a million things about a million things. Some people are an expert in one area, but if you put them in an unfamiliar situation, they have nothing to say. I always have something to say and at least a few semi-intelligent questions to ask. There is no guarantee that it won't be something they find offensive, though...

e.g.:

"Oh, you're a Mormon? Sorry, you prefer LDS, don't you? No, thanks, I've read the Book of Mormon, in fact I have a copy. What did I think? Well, let me begin with the first chapters..."

3. I know some awesome organizational tips and tricks that even NTs find handy. In fact, when I share these tips with my NT acquaintances, I often find that they find them even more useful than I do, because they can actually implement them. If they could see the inside of my house, they might think twice about taking my advice though...

"I find a duck's opinion of me is very much influenced by whether or not I have bread. Ducks love bread, but they can't buy any. That's the biggest joke on the duck ever."
Mitch Hedberg

"You would be the world's worst ninja."
Pechemignonne's boyfriend
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pechemignonne For This Useful Post:
Chelsea Dagger (10-27-11), full_throttle (10-27-11), Lunacie (10-27-11), Marzipan (10-27-11)
Old 10-27-11, 12:38 PM

Thanked 2,521 Times in 1,267 Posts
BouCoupDinkyDau has a reputation beyond reputeBouCoupDinkyDau has a reputation beyond reputeBouCoupDinkyDau has a reputation beyond reputeBouCoupDinkyDau has a reputation beyond reputeBouCoupDinkyDau has a reputation beyond reputeBouCoupDinkyDau has a reputation beyond reputeBouCoupDinkyDau has a reputation beyond reputeBouCoupDinkyDau has a reputation beyond reputeBouCoupDinkyDau has a reputation beyond reputeBouCoupDinkyDau has a reputation beyond reputeBouCoupDinkyDau has a reputation beyond repute

* Movies and books are great, but the daydream machine in my head is often better.

* I can tune out pretty much anyone I want to with very little effort.
Old 10-27-11, 01:19 PM

Thanked 26,973 Times in 12,580 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pechemignonne View Post
1. If I want to make sure I won't give in to temptation, all I have to do is put temptation out of my line of sight.

e.g.:

If I have a bag of cookies anywhere visible, they will be eaten. If they are in the kitchen cupboard behind the cereal, I will completely forget about them.

... Ditto!

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
full_throttle (10-27-11), pechemignonne (10-27-11)
Old 10-27-11, 01:39 PM

Thanked 1,691 Times in 1,107 Posts
sighduck has a brilliant futuresighduck has a brilliant futuresighduck has a brilliant futuresighduck has a brilliant futuresighduck has a brilliant futuresighduck has a brilliant futuresighduck has a brilliant futuresighduck has a brilliant futuresighduck has a brilliant futuresighduck has a brilliant futuresighduck has a brilliant future

i always notice the darnedest things...
Old 10-27-11, 01:55 PM

Thanked 3,048 Times in 1,382 Posts
shysmile has a reputation beyond reputeshysmile has a reputation beyond reputeshysmile has a reputation beyond reputeshysmile has a reputation beyond reputeshysmile has a reputation beyond reputeshysmile has a reputation beyond reputeshysmile has a reputation beyond reputeshysmile has a reputation beyond reputeshysmile has a reputation beyond reputeshysmile has a reputation beyond reputeshysmile has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BouCoupDinkyDau View Post
* Movies and books are great, but the daydream machine in my head is often better.
Heck yeah.

Quote:
* I can tune out pretty much anyone I want to with very little effort.
Same. Especially if it's given in stern lecture form and I disagree. Just rolls right over the top of my head and nothing is absorbed. HA!

Also, I am very good at quickly locating an item out of a messy room. Due to the clutter in my mind, this comes natural to me, because I locate a thought in my head in pretty much the same way. Always have, I've never known different.

I use the order in the disorder, as I have explained to my mom.

The items I use most will be on the surface of the pile of the desk and/or floor clutter, and the items I use least will gravitate toward the bottom of the pile, and the things I use semi-regularly will be in a middle entanglement, but still parts will be visible. It's like a law of nature. So of course, my sunglasses will be floating atop the desk clutter because I use them often. Where as my notes from 2 months ago containing directions to that restaurant I like will be buried somewhere beneath my wooden frog box and empty orange-extract bottle next to the lake stones....it's all very simple.

Unless someone decides to clean my room. Then my whole system will be thrown off and I won't find anything.

Last edited by shysmile; 10-27-11 at 02:11 PM..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shysmile For This Useful Post:
BouCoupDinkyDau (10-27-11), full_throttle (10-27-11), pechemignonne (10-27-11)
Old 10-27-11, 03:19 PM
Contributor

ChicharitoFan14 will become famous soon enough

When I'm hyper I make people laugh haha
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChicharitoFan14 For This Useful Post:
BouCoupDinkyDau (10-27-11), full_throttle (10-27-11)
Old 10-27-11, 03:47 PM

Thanked 12,149 Times in 7,190 Posts
BR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond repute

Everyday is a birthday or holiday!

I always shop for gifts early to avoid crowds or because there's a sale. Then I hide gifts from the recipient, totally forgetting that I bought them until I find them months later.

"no talk
no, talk
Punctuation is important"
~Abi
The Following User Says Thank You to BR549 For This Useful Post:
full_throttle (10-27-11)
Old 10-27-11, 03:56 PM

Chelsea Dagger will become famous soon enough

My high school chemistry teacher always loved that I was such an original, creative, truly out-of-the-box thinker. Little did he know that was because I could never remember the conventional methods he'd taught in class; I had to make up some never-before-seen way to get the answer from first principles each time since I had zero recollection of what the actual calculation was. I say it makes me a better problem-solver, if only because ADHD gives me that many more problems to solve.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chelsea Dagger For This Useful Post:
full_throttle (10-27-11)
Old 10-27-11, 04:01 PM
Moderator of mind and heart

Thanked 21,303 Times in 8,615 Posts
sarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond repute

ADD makes me a wonderful trouble shooter. I keep having to shoot the trouble which I caused in the first place.
full_throttle (10-27-11)
Old 10-27-11, 04:10 PM
Contributor

Redrightnow has disabled reputation

I see all the pretty/shiny/weird/interesting things around me and then share them with those I'm with (who are usually seeing the sidewalk/road signs/... I don't know what they see?)
The Following User Says Thank You to Redrightnow For This Useful Post:
full_throttle (10-27-11)
Old 10-27-11, 07:06 PM
Contributor

Andon is a jewel in the roughAndon is a jewel in the roughAndon is a jewel in the rough

i always have stuff to do, my list is endless, so im never really bored
(unless the stuff i has to do is boring)

My hyperactive side // My dysphoric side -

The Following User Says Thank You to Andon For This Useful Post:
full_throttle (10-27-11)