ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Exercise and Nutrition > Nutrition
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-04, 07:18 AM

MindResearcher will become famous soon enough
Some more Natural Remedies for Treatment of ADD / ADHD

Hi, Im sure buy now, some of you see my post and just take off, and dont wanna read such a long thing. But i actually loose track! Maybe thats is a part of add that is still sticking out. But its a good think, because before i was medicated, im lucky to even sign on line.

Last posts i did go a bit to far and post too long, but the information is really interesting. Well, I just read a post about children and stimulants. I dont beleive in giving a young child adderall, Ritalin, or Dex, unless really neccessarry all means were tried and a few doc opinons were noted. Although im not a doc to say how old they should be but from one study i read, the kid was 7.

So, this doesnt pertain to children, but im going to post some natural Dopamine enancers. Some of these may or may not cross the Blood Brain Barrier, and some do. Some require a transporter like B6 and or empty stomach, etc.

Be calmed as was stated above in a post, the ingredients didnt look to great or put together , I felt it needed more. LIke VAXA, there ADD natural supplement has alot, I mean alot of different nutrients.

With most Dopaminergic supplements, Such as L-Tyrosine, Dopa Bean, NaDH, Phosphitidylserine, etc, from my use of such, I could not tell any differece , esp like the first week, but even so, i feel that it may boost the N.T. and aid the drug. For example, L-Tryosine, converted into L-dopa, then to dopamine, so if one is taking 1000-2000mg of L-Tyrosine 1 hr before a dose, even 2 hrs, on an empty stomach, esp no protien, is the proper way to take it. Does it work? Most studies say yes. Will you feel it. Some say yes, and some say no. But all in all, I feel its at least replacing dopamine lost from stimulants.
Another thought i Have, which may sound resonable is if one were taking a DA Reuptake Blocker , and he or she is taking L-Tyrosine , would definetely be benificial, due to the fact that L-Tyrosine would create new dopamine , thus when more is released from the nerve cell, more is available to be reutake blocked, thus more Da in the synapse.
Alot of people, and this is true, Iv managed GNC, Vitamin World, and worked at a huge Vitamin store in Florida, and people, esp weight loss, want a quick fix, like asking what would make me loose wieght by next week, which is impossible, unless its water wieght or maybe a 2lbs mostly water.
Then when ephedra, another amphetamine like Herb, which is very powerful at high doses, was taken off the shelf, i must have counted 200 customers who walked out because we didnt have it.
But Ephedra will make you loose weight due the extreme appetite loss, and peripheral side effects, who woudl want to eat. Ephedra mainly releases Epinephrine and Norepinephrine and Dopamine to a point, but from another area of the brain which is moresoe responsible for psychosis Type, the opposite of the nucleus accumbens.
Dopamine is a very very complex neurotransmitter and has several sites. ONe just could imagine how a scientist could locate these! But the funny thing with dopamine. It is a N.T which is responsible for addiction and pleasure, yet if too much is released from I believe the D2 receptor, But may be wrong, , you get schizophrenia symptoms.
A good example, is, When i took a natural product called renutrient, now banned because its an analog of ghb, Most basic research would claim its a gaba like med , this an that. But Iv extensively researched it, and when you injest it, it holds back dopamine in a certain part of the brain, temporarily, also, at the same time releasinig dopamine from the Nucleus accumbens, or stiatim. ITs ot a N.T to fool with, but neither is Serotonin, or gaba, due to Gaba has Neurons of the dopamine receptor. So if your gaba is too high, your blocking alot of dopamine. , which i never new untill i read this in J Neuroscience.
Other nutrients which increase DA, and also increse Aceytlcoline receptors, responsible for memory, such as NaDH, Phosphytidlecholine, and Serine, CDP-CHoline, St Johns wart, blocks reuptake of 4 N.Ts, but another over seas medication, which is sold over the counter, like St Johns Wart, is perscribed in Germany. Doesnt make alot of scence, when you have drugs like Tianeptine, Reboxetine, and Survector, 3 possiblly amazing drugs, due to the slight difference in chemical alteration, but befereo you go up .
Without taking about them much, Tianeptine can be ordered and is a Serotonin Reuptake accelerator, Reboxitine seems to be a more cleaner form of a specific Norepinephrine Reuptake, But maily
AMineptine , which was pulled off the shelf in france, showed possible psychostimulant properites.

Now there are many many herbals, botanicals with psychostimulant properties. Phytobotanicals etc are not researched in the USA, but actually some of them, yet more than people think, are or have drug like properties. But iv taken some that didnt do anything. Plus there are so many more unknown , which appear, and who knows by next few yrs what shows up on the shelfs, but this is what i love about it.
I do plan on opening up a nice small store, not huge, and have sperate sections, maybe one section bodybuiding supp, Herbs, botanicals, and mind nutrition. I mean you walk in GNC, they may have a smalll shelf with some supplements for the mind, some herbs and such.
Iv attended a few seminars and i can tell you how much knowledge there is to know about the body, esp between the brain to the organs to the musclces.

But, to wrap it up, besides the ones i posted, lets see, L-Theanine, Gaba and Doapmine, CDP-Choline, Acholine and Dopamine, Dl-Phenylalanine, which actually produces brain endorphans.
A newer product , Rhodiola Rosia, is tooted as a russian adaptorgen used for 30 yrs , but actually stated it loweres dopamine levels and increaed Serotonin, Gaba, and endorphans, the bodys natural opiates. Since L-dopa is a drug and is even if one had it, i Bleive it needs a specific other drug to convert it to Dopamine. Now Mucuna Prurriens, which is getting more popular, esp ( dopa poppers, containing this chemical at almost 700mg with a few other supplements. Now, I take this supplement, and cannot feel it, or anything, but dont for get, Tolerance to drugs can have a great bearing on effects of natural nutritens.
So, if one was just too impatients, he or she could just get a particular script , an then take a supplement similar that would be a precusor to such, and start slow, and then towards then end, after informing the doctor, elimnate the drug if you can, and slowely increase the natural supplement.
My last example would be, with using Lexapro. I was using 20mgs. I still felt it wasnt doing much, so, i started 5htp and Same. Now i loweed the dose to 15 to 10 as i upped the doses of same. i kept the 5HTp at 50mg and SAMe increased 200mg every other week or week, untill 1200mg, which is very expensive, but effective in increasing dopamine and SE, and Melatonin. 5HTp, basically help sleep and raise natural Serotonin levels and St.Johns Ward recently i read was a mild Mao, but how would you know, i mean does that mean no cheese. But THis substance and other should be really researched for moderate depresion .
Well, yes another long post, but i will limit my long ones to this forum due to the fact nutrition supplements is what i basically am going to be involved in.
A quick tip: Omega Fist oils and Lethecin, heal the brain cells and allow them to bind better, due to the methyl sheeths or the layers of the cell, mostly fats and lipid protiens, and cholesterol, so DHEA helps also.
Even though Vinpocetive, Phsophitidleserine, CDP-Choline, NAHD, B-complex vitamins, Picamilon, yohimbine ,(slight Da and MAO) , CoQ10 besides its amazing heart and antioxidant properties, helps slow down the breakdown of Dopamne. Testosterone also helps with well being and alertness, and enhances workouts, which help add. If one does not wish to take Testosterone precusrors, Tribulis Terresstis is a natural herb along with avena seteva which helps porduce your natural testosterone, avena actually frees bound testosterone in the body.
Well, I apoligize again for the length, but I wouldl say just print this out if you dont want to read it all, i really hope someone may benifit from some of my help, because in a way this topic or shall i say the mind is the only think i have a passion to do in life. Sounds like well im full of it, but, really, its just keeps me going, full of so much information.
Who knows , maybe some day, ill invent the pill to cure ADD naturallly LOL, just kiddin had to throw that in there.

MINDRESEACH
The Following User Says Thank You to MindResearcher For This Useful Post:
meadd823 (07-07-08)
Old 07-07-08, 05:13 AM
Super Meowaderator

Thanked 15,418 Times in 6,123 Posts
meadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Some more Natural Remedies for Treatment of ADD / ADHD

They hit the estrogen section pretty please - my age induced estrogen depletion is screwing with my memory and I do not wish to increase stimulants it is illogical to do so. Having a natural way to increase my estrogen would probably allow me to stay at my same level of medications - I already use omega-3 and exercise. Ohh I take calcium too

Follow ADDForums on Twitter & Facebook
Old 07-07-08, 05:31 AM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

theta is a name known to alltheta is a name known to alltheta is a name known to alltheta is a name known to alltheta is a name known to alltheta is a name known to alltheta is a name known to all

I was going to mention to Bluerose who I think is in her 60's that estrogen replacement might help her schizo-affective disorder. Theory being
estrogen might improve BK(Ca) channels. And there maybe a problem with
BK(ca) channels in the schizophrenia spectrum
(and I speculate other disorders).

Quote:
Additionally, estrogen, which regulates the activity of BK channel, modulates dopaminergic D2 receptor and has an antipsychotic-like effect.
Estrogen reduces carbachol-induced constriction of asthmatic airways by stimulating large-conductance voltage and calcium-dependent potassium channels.

Quote:
estrogen increased by 50-fold the BK(Ca) channel activity
Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-08, 06:22 AM
Super Meowaderator

Thanked 15,418 Times in 6,123 Posts
meadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond repute

My mind is much simpler than your is theta

Researchers Link Estrogen Levels, Memory Loss In Younger Women

U Of MN Researchers Discover Novel Way Estrogen Affects The Brain

Follow ADDForums on Twitter & Facebook
Old 07-07-08, 06:42 AM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

theta is a name known to alltheta is a name known to alltheta is a name known to alltheta is a name known to alltheta is a name known to alltheta is a name known to alltheta is a name known to all

Estrogen has also been shown to reduce neurotoxicity from large doses of methamphetamine. Which means it has a neuroprotective mechanism to dopamine receptors.

http://www.addvance.com/help/women/hormones.html

Thats an interesting link.

http://realnutritionsupplement.blogs...-estrogen.html

That suggest boron can boost estrogen I will have to look that up.

Dietary boron supplementation enhanced the action of estrogen

That study in rats mentions boron enhanced the action of estrogen(not boosted its levels).

Effect of dietary boron on mineral, estrogen, and testosterone metabolism in postmenopausal women

I think that said boron help elevate estrogen.