ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Careers/Job Impact
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Careers/Job Impact This forum is for adults to discuss how AD/HD affects work and career.

Old 10-16-13, 04:35 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 27,532 Times in 13,328 Posts
stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute
who else here works in an office?

Just wondering! there seems to be quite a few of us

wouldnt it be fun if we all worked in the same building?

no idea quite where im going with this!
well if we have any issues/questions/suggestions - why not post here?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to stef For This Useful Post:
Daydreamin22 (10-26-13), Fuzzy12 (10-17-13), mctavish23 (10-18-13), someothertime (10-17-13), Stevuke79 (10-16-13)
Old 10-16-13, 04:55 PM

Thanked 6,141 Times in 2,807 Posts
Stevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: who else here works in an office?

I used to until 2 years ago.. now I have an office but I'm hardly there.

This planet is now property of the Sontaran Empire. Surrender your women and intellectuals. -Commander Strax
Old 10-16-13, 05:06 PM
Moderator of mind and heart

Thanked 21,303 Times in 8,615 Posts
sarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond repute

I do, much of the time. But its a tiny tiny place with only a few people.
Old 10-16-13, 10:34 PM
Mr. BllVt

Thanked 17,972 Times in 9,012 Posts
dvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond repute

In the title of this thread, am I supposed to accent the word "office", or the word "works"?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dvdnvwls For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (10-17-13), namazu (10-17-13), sarek (10-17-13), stef (10-17-13)
Old 10-17-13, 01:57 AM
Moderator of mind and heart

Thanked 21,303 Times in 8,615 Posts
sarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond repute

I think to be on the safe side, the word office should be accentuated as it indicates a physical presence.
Old 10-17-13, 04:44 AM

Thanked 4,188 Times in 2,163 Posts
acdc01 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by stef View Post
Just wondering! there seems to be quite a few of us

wouldnt it be fun if we all worked in the same building?

no idea quite where im going with this!
well if we have any issues/questions/suggestions - why not post here?
I do. And I do think it'd be fun. We could all procrastinate and NOT work together. My office building has a pool table, ping pong table but people rarely use it. We could all play together constantly until we cram our work in at the last minute. And no one would think less of you for that - we'd all be one of the team.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to acdc01 For This Useful Post:
Corina86 (10-17-13), stef (10-17-13)
Old 10-17-13, 07:25 AM

Thanked 2,927 Times in 1,353 Posts
Corina86 has a reputation beyond reputeCorina86 has a reputation beyond reputeCorina86 has a reputation beyond reputeCorina86 has a reputation beyond reputeCorina86 has a reputation beyond reputeCorina86 has a reputation beyond reputeCorina86 has a reputation beyond reputeCorina86 has a reputation beyond reputeCorina86 has a reputation beyond reputeCorina86 has a reputation beyond reputeCorina86 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdc01 View Post
I do. And I do think it'd be fun. We could all procrastinate and NOT work together. My office building has a pool table, ping pong table but people rarely use it. We could all play together constantly until we cram our work in at the last minute. And no one would think less of you for that - we'd all be one of the team.
And bankruptcy in 3...2...1...

I work in a small company and I share my office with only one other girl, who is a always on cigarette brake. Open-space offices are my worst nightmare.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Corina86 For This Useful Post:
salleh (10-18-13), stef (10-17-13), Stevuke79 (10-17-13)
Old 10-17-13, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corina86 View Post
Maybe . But not necessarily. I actually meet schedules and produce much better quality work on rush projects since I hyperfocus when under a tight timeframe while some NTs panic under stress.

I'd suck at customer relations/marketing but can't imagine we all do.
Old 10-18-13, 03:26 AM
ADDvanced Member

TheDreamer has a spectacular aura aboutTheDreamer has a spectacular aura about

I work in an office. Great idea with the ping pong table. Play should be the norm and work the exception. :-) Actually think a lot of creative work would be done then. We'll keep the matches short so people don't run away in the middle of a match to pursue some idea.
Old 10-18-13, 03:34 AM

stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute

with some nice lounge chairs if we just wanted to hang around and watch the ping pong games for a few minutes!
Old 10-18-13, 03:42 AM

Quote:

I work in a small company and I share my office with only one other girl, who is a always on cigarette brake. Open-space offices are my worst nightmare.
how about an open office of 4 desks and 2 of the people hate the 3rd person...? human resources had to intervene. they finally moved the 2 people. they were actually bullying/provoking person n 3. who was extremely touchy but because she had massive sensory issues. these 2 people were very loud, chatting a lot (ok I don't mind that but to a certain point...), crunching, slamming drawers etc. which I can ususally tune out - but she can't! when I saw the seating plans for the new office I KNEW this was a disaster but they said, oh no, it'll be fun and it will draw colleague n 3 out of her shell a bit. OMG...

(this was a few years ago in a different job).
Old 10-18-13, 05:25 AM
mod-estly regulated

Thanked 5,450 Times in 2,993 Posts
someothertime has a reputation beyond reputesomeothertime has a reputation beyond reputesomeothertime has a reputation beyond reputesomeothertime has a reputation beyond reputesomeothertime has a reputation beyond reputesomeothertime has a reputation beyond reputesomeothertime has a reputation beyond reputesomeothertime has a reputation beyond reputesomeothertime has a reputation beyond reputesomeothertime has a reputation beyond reputesomeothertime has a reputation beyond repute

I reckon a seat/desk that flips into the wall ( aka maxwell smart ) every 30 mins would be cool.

Work side = Own space with heaps of room on the walls for stuff - No distractions

Open side = Everyone in a shared hall with all the trimmings Oh, and a glass ceiling of course

All small tasks like organising and phoning are done by Personal Assistants leaving us to do the grunt work
~ SB_UK ~
The Following User Says Thank You to someothertime For This Useful Post:
Stevuke79 (10-18-13)
Old 10-18-13, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by someothertime View Post
I reckon a seat/desk that flips into the wall ( aka maxwell smart ) every 30 mins would be cool.

All small tasks like organising and phoning are done by Personal Assistants leaving us to do the grunt work
no way, that's my actual current job! in that case, I get to have an assistant of my own!
The Following User Says Thank You to stef For This Useful Post:
someothertime (10-18-13)
Old 10-18-13, 06:39 AM

Thanked 2,927 Times in 1,353 Posts
Corina86 has a reputation beyond reputeCorina86 has a reputation beyond reputeCorina86 has a reputation beyond reputeCorina86 has a reputation beyond reputeCorina86 has a reputation beyond reputeCorina86 has a reputation beyond reputeCorina86 has a reputation beyond reputeCorina86 has a reputation beyond reputeCorina86 has a reputation beyond reputeCorina86 has a reputation beyond reputeCorina86 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdc01 View Post
Maybe . But not necessarily. I actually meet schedules and produce much better quality work on rush projects since I hyperfocus when under a tight timeframe while some NTs panic under stress.

I'd suck at customer relations/marketing but can't imagine we all do.
If you ca do the actual work, I'd be happy to talk to the customers or anything like that. Just don't ask to do sales, since I would be far too panicky.
Old 10-18-13, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Just don't ask to do sales, since I would be far too panicky.
Well sales is a big deal - the biggest deal I think for most companies.

Wouldn't mildly impulsive ADHDers be excellent for that kind of thing?

Or we could hire an NT for that too in addition to the office assistant. They can be the weirdos in our office.