ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-19, 05:47 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 27,510 Times in 13,318 Posts
stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Come on In If You're Online And Say Anything: Part III

Big hugs to everyone here going through difficult times
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to stef For This Useful Post:
Emre22 (01-27-19), Greyhound1 (01-27-19), Little Missy (01-27-19), Lunacie (01-27-19), psychopathetic (01-27-19), Rebelyell (01-27-19)
Old 01-27-19, 05:53 AM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 16,095 Times in 7,986 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

And And And to

(((((((((((((((((((((STEF-STEFS)))))))))))))))))))))

Too!

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (01-27-19), stef (01-27-19)
Old 01-27-19, 03:03 PM
Minecraft Mod-rater

Thanked 1,469 Times in 760 Posts
TurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychopathetic View Post
...also, does your space bar still work to pause youtube videos for you? I just started having trouble with this a day or 2 ago and it's driving me nuts lol.
Still works for me, but sometimes it does act up, I know. I've had it happen where you you tried to click full screen and then it would work for a second and shrink back to normal screen.

Last edited by TurtleBrain; 01-27-19 at 03:29 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to TurtleBrain For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (01-27-19)
Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-19, 11:20 PM

Thanked 10,332 Times in 3,250 Posts
mctavish23 has disabled reputation

I don't know about mangoes in Durango, but I do know the school's are all

closed throughout the state (MN), for what looks like the next 2 days; with

wind chills expected to hit somewhere around -60 By Saturday tho,

they're forecasting +30 Go figure

Ya'll take care

Robert
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mctavish23 For This Useful Post:
Andi (01-30-19), Little Missy (01-29-19), Lunacie (01-29-19), stef (01-29-19)
Old 01-29-19, 01:11 PM

Thanked 11,538 Times in 6,098 Posts
Rebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond repute

Has a friend who lives in Minnesota she facebooked the same thing.school is closing so she has her daughter's at home.1st thing that comes to mind with Minnesota is Polaris snowmobiles
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rebelyell For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (01-29-19), mctavish23 (01-30-19), stef (01-29-19)
Old 01-29-19, 03:49 PM

Thanked 27,510 Times in 13,318 Posts
stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute

I had no idea that Polaris was a MN company
i think we may have also invented Spam.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stef For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (01-29-19), mctavish23 (01-30-19)
Old 01-29-19, 03:50 PM
Contrapunctual Moderator

Thanked 21,474 Times in 10,836 Posts
namazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by stef View Post
I had no idea that Polaris was a MN company
i think we may have also invented Spam.
There's a Spam Museum in Austin, MN!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to namazu For This Useful Post:
mctavish23 (01-30-19), stef (01-29-19)
Old 01-29-19, 04:59 PM
Minecraft Mod-rater

Thanked 1,469 Times in 760 Posts
TurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to all

Is it weird to have a mancrush on an ex-crush's boyfriend? lol... What if I were to hug him while his girlfriend was looking, just for the kicks? lol jk... that's weird..

Why the man crush? Because he's qualified to fill the void I felt she had. I'm happy if they're happy.

Last edited by TurtleBrain; 01-29-19 at 05:17 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to TurtleBrain For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (01-30-19)
Old 01-30-19, 08:16 AM

psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlimeyMooshroom View Post
Is it weird to have a mancrush on an ex-crush's boyfriend? lol... What if I were to hug him while his girlfriend was looking, just for the kicks? lol jk... that's weird..

Why the man crush? Because he's qualified to fill the void I felt she had. I'm happy if they're happy.
haha I've had bro crushes before with a couple of my sister's boyfriends .

One time when I was a teen I had just got myself a playstation 1 video game system and her boyfriend just randomly came over and gave me a bunch of his old games for the system...lol, yeah, I bro-loved him big time after that!!

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

Old 01-30-19, 08:37 AM

Thinking out loud...

My dad's really wanting me to go move in with him...in the city he's at 550 miles away.
I don't want to live with him. We wont get along. Through my entire life he's been a black hole of negative feelings and emotions. He's often in foul or depressed moods and it's like the second I walk into a room with him I can physically feel my happiness get sucked right out of me.
And I've always gotta walk on egg shells around him...he can be real cool one moment, then seemingly out of nowhere he becomes a jerk.
Or I have to use extreme caution on anything personal/embarrassing I say to him...because he often will use personal stuff that is suppose to be just between us, very publicly in a way to be mean. He turns into a real bully.
I absolutely love him...and my love for him has been unconditional...
But I don't really like him all that much. Several years before my mom passed away I started talking to her about how I just didn't like him anymore. That I'll always love him and be thankful for what he has done, and still does for me (which is a LOT)...but that I no longer what to try and be friends with him. Our friendship has been VERY lopsided...where I bust my *** day in and day out to try to keep him happy and to be a safe person for him to trust in...yet time and time again he's had no problem backstabbing me, treating me like dirt, and being extremely wishy-washy. Awesome one moment...a real jerk the next.

Then my mom passed away and he put all these expectations on me like he expected me to take her place...and I couldn't...I couldn't even handle taking care of the basics for myself...and that caused a ton of friction.

And I think he'd have the same expectations now. Now that his mom (who he moved in with a year ago) has passed, he's hoping I can swoop in and take care of him.
But I can't.
And even if I could...I don't want to.

All this being said though...I'm not a fun person to live with either. He wouldn't be happy living with me, and I know it. I have a very hard time keeping things tidy and picked up...and I too am a grump a lot of the time and I'm sure my moods would suck the energy out of him as well. Especially because I'd start building up resentments towards him and letting them fester so I'd be walking around the house with a grumpy mean attitude towards him.

...yuck.
We'd make each other miserable.

Yet...it's actually halfway tempting.
There's a TON of extended family where he's at that I could hang out with and get support from, it's in a large city so there'd be plenty of stuff I could potentially do (I LOVE shopping and going out to eat lol), there's some beautiful mountains just outside the city so I could still go enjoy campfires and such...
And me and my dad could pool our money and things would be pretty good for us.

Idon't know. I'm just thinking out loud.

My dad really wants to get himself a new car here in the next couple of months...and he keeps trying to talk me into coming down so I can go car shopping with him.
I think I'll do that within the next month or 2. I'll stay with him for a few weeks and see how things go and trying to get a feeling for things then.
I do know he's changed quite a bit since my mom's passed and since he had his second major heart attack.
Maybe he's not as much of a black hole as he use to be?

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following User Says Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
midnightstar (01-30-19)
Old 01-30-19, 10:33 AM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 23,838 Times in 14,100 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

psycho would moving near him be a option for the shops but not actually moving back in with him?
Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
Willow (3rd November 2018 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
Andi (01-30-19), psychopathetic (01-31-19), stef (01-30-19)
Old 01-30-19, 11:01 AM

Thanked 26,990 Times in 12,593 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Love being able to see better with the new glasses, but they weren't made with
the thin polycorbonite lens. Had a migraine over the weekend and the glasses
were painful to wear, too heavy.

Went back to Eyemart Express yesterday to ask about getting thinner lens.
Worked with a different lady and she explained that a half frame and a wider
lens makes for a thicker lens. She helped me try out several full frames that
could mean getting thinner, lighter lens. Have to pay for the new frames, but
not for new lens.

Wishing I'd gone with Zenni online again, although you can't see what the frames
will look like on you with that service.

Also got an MRI of my head yesterday. Have yet to hear of anyone getting one
that showed a reason for migraines, but apparently it's good to rule out other
things. Took a valium before getting inside the noisy tube of torment.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
mctavish23 (01-30-19), midnightstar (01-30-19), psychopathetic (01-31-19), stef (01-30-19)
Old 01-30-19, 02:48 PM
Forummarm

Thanked 8,235 Times in 2,592 Posts
Andi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond repute

Psycho, I like Star's input. I wonder if he's trying to reconnect and have a relationship when family issues have plagued your loved one's. Sometimes close can be better than hundreds of miles between.

Everything I write is fully substantiated by my personal opinion.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Andi For This Useful Post:
mctavish23 (01-30-19), midnightstar (01-30-19), psychopathetic (01-31-19), Rebelyell (01-30-19)
Old 01-30-19, 05:09 PM

Thanked 26,990 Times in 12,593 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andi View Post
Psycho, I like Star's input. I wonder if he's trying to reconnect and have a relationship when family issues have plagued your loved one's. Sometimes close can be better than hundreds of miles between.
I've been following psycho's relationship with his father, and I believe he has
the right to say "no."

But they are your mom/dad/sister/brother/friend ... NO. Toxic is toxic.
You have the right to cut anyone off that's unhealthy to you. Period.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
midnightstar (01-30-19), psychopathetic (01-31-19), tudorose (01-31-19)
Old 01-30-19, 05:16 PM
Forummarm

Thanked 8,235 Times in 2,592 Posts
Andi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunacie View Post
I've been following psycho's relationship with his father, and I believe he has
the right to say "no."

But they are your mom/dad/sister/brother/friend ... NO. Toxic is toxic.
You have the right to cut anyone off that's unhealthy to you. Period.
Def agree he has the right. I get toxic being toxic. I have that type of relationship with my mother. But even though she is toxic to me and I had not spoken to her in years, when she had a stroke a few months ago I went to the hospital to make sure she was ok. She refused to see me, different than what Psycho has going on, but I'm actually glad that I went. At least I tried and yeah, I really didn't think about what it would mean if she did see me. I dunno, perhaps test the waters more to see if things have changed or if he's still as toxic. What are the chances that he's seen the error of his ways? But I def did not infer that he shouldn't say no if he doesn't want to do it. As my signature says...Do in your heart what you feel is right...I hope you're blessed with a comfortable decision, Psycho.

Everything I write is fully substantiated by my personal opinion.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Andi For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (01-30-19), mctavish23 (01-30-19), midnightstar (01-30-19), psychopathetic (01-31-19), Rebelyell (01-30-19)