ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-19, 10:11 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 22,397 Times in 12,059 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Come on In If You're Online And Say Anything: Part III

Secretariat wins by 25 lengths 1973 amazing!

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (03-06-19), mctavish23 (03-07-19)
Old 03-06-19, 10:36 PM
Mind Racing Moderator

Thanked 16,384 Times in 7,837 Posts
Greyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond repute

“If you could type from the day you were born and typed 24/7 until the day you died, it would be far less than 1GB of text over an average life span.”

Some computer dude told me putting into perspective how big a GB is.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Greyhound1 For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (03-06-19), mctavish23 (03-07-19), namazu (03-07-19)
Old 03-07-19, 12:25 AM

Thanked 10,332 Times in 3,250 Posts
mctavish23 has disabled reputation

Okay, so it's still below zero tonight, but that's no biggie, because the MN

State HS Class A (small schools) Hockey Tournament is in full swing. Right

now, I'm glued to the quarter final match-up between Delano and Greenway.

Suffice to say I'm pulling for Greenway. They're located not too far from

where we live, and one of my friends played there back in the day. At the end

of the Second Period, it's all tied up at 3-3. Not bad since GW was trailing 2-0.

Third Period's about to start, so I'm outa here.

Cya

Robert
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mctavish23 For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (03-07-19), Little Missy (03-07-19), Lunacie (03-07-19), namazu (03-07-19)
Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-19, 01:04 AM
Contrapunctual Moderator

Thanked 21,470 Times in 10,834 Posts
namazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond repute

My understanding of cryptocurrency is dim at best, but I am weirdly captivated by this ongoing saga.

Founder of cryptocurrency exchange is reported to have died at age 30 while opening an orphanage in India, taking the password to the whole exchange (worth millions of dollars) to his grave.

Meanwhile, maybe the millions weren't where they were supposed to be...

Meanwhile, a cofounder of the company may be a felon convicted on identity-theft and money-laundering charges...

Meanwhile...such intrigue!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to namazu For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (03-07-19), mctavish23 (03-07-19)
Old 03-07-19, 12:20 PM
Minecraft Mod-rater

Thanked 1,467 Times in 759 Posts
TurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyhound1 View Post
“If you could type from the day you were born and typed 24/7 until the day you died, it would be far less than 1GB of text over an average life span.”

Some computer dude told me putting into perspective how big a GB is.
I googled how much text is a a gigabite and found that it would be something over 64k pages... lol.. but if you typed only while awake, then maybe it would be something around 42k pages... 42 is a funny number.. jk
Fuzzy12 (03-08-19), Greyhound1 (03-07-19), namazu (03-07-19)
Old 03-07-19, 07:35 PM
Mind Racing Moderator

Thanked 16,384 Times in 7,837 Posts
Greyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBrain View Post
I googled how much text is a a gigabite and found that it would be something over 64k pages... lol.. but if you typed only while awake, then maybe it would be something around 42k pages... 42 is a funny number.. jk
Ole computer dude isnít correct based on your findings. 64,000 pages over say 80 years is only 2.19 pages per day and certainly possible.

Ha, I canít wait to tell him! He thinks heís so darn sharp. Heíll have some reason why he still believes heís correct. Probably say with a smaller font size, single spaced or something like that is why itís not possible.
The Following User Says Thank You to Greyhound1 For This Useful Post:
namazu (03-07-19)
Old 03-07-19, 08:23 PM
Contrapunctual Moderator

Thanked 21,470 Times in 10,834 Posts
namazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyhound1 View Post
Ole computer dude isnít correct based on your findings. 64,000 pages over say 80 years is only 2.19 pages per day and certainly possible.

Ha, I canít wait to tell him! He thinks heís so darn sharp. Heíll have some reason why he still believes heís correct. Probably say with a smaller font size, single spaced or something like that is why itís not possible.
Maybe at around 64,000 pages is when you'd develop carpal tunnel syndrome and have to quit...until you got dictation software!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to namazu For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (03-07-19), Lunacie (03-07-19), TurtleBrain (03-08-19)
Old 03-07-19, 09:06 PM

Thanked 22,397 Times in 12,059 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

Crazy, I just got a call from Aunt Flo, 96 and two more of my dad's paintings have been retrieved and being sent back to me tomorrow!

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (03-08-19), Greyhound1 (03-08-19), Lunacie (03-07-19), mctavish23 (03-07-19), namazu (03-07-19), psychopathetic (03-08-19)
Old 03-07-19, 09:33 PM

Thanked 10,332 Times in 3,250 Posts
mctavish23 has disabled reputation

Update on "Old Time Hockey"

Greenway won 6-4 (last goal was an empty netter). Very exciting.

They play again on Friday. If they win, then for the championship on Sat.

So tonight, it's all about the Duluth East Greyhounds !

You Betcha

Robert
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mctavish23 For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (03-07-19), Lunacie (03-07-19), namazu (03-07-19)
Old 03-07-19, 10:46 PM

Thanked 26,976 Times in 12,583 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mctavish23 View Post
Update on "Old Time Hockey"

Greenway won 6-4 (last goal was an empty netter). Very exciting.

They play again on Friday. If they win, then for the championship on Sat.

So tonight, it's all about the Duluth East Greyhounds !

You Betcha

Robert
mctavish, I don't care if you post about sports and I don't care about sports .....
it's just good to see you now and then.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
mctavish23 (03-24-19), midnightstar (03-08-19), namazu (03-07-19)
Old 03-08-19, 02:20 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 33,105 Times in 15,355 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Missy View Post
Crazy, I just got a call from Aunt Flo, 96 and two more of my dad's paintings have been retrieved and being sent back to me tomorrow!
I saw Aunt Flo and thought you were talking about the good old euphemism used for a girls' monthly!

I carried a watermelon?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (03-08-19), mctavish23 (03-24-19), namazu (03-08-19)
Old 03-08-19, 08:25 AM
Minecraft Mod-rater

TurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to all

When I'm scared to pee and I wanna holler like a monkey and say "hulk scared, hulk might have UTI"...jk... I'm too scrawny too look like the hulk...

sometimes I exaggerate pain as being has big as godzilla or something.. haha...
Fuzzy12 (03-08-19), Little Missy (03-08-19), Lunacie (03-08-19), mctavish23 (03-24-19), midnightstar (03-08-19), namazu (03-08-19), psychopathetic (03-08-19)
Old 03-08-19, 11:12 AM

Thanked 30,777 Times in 14,153 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Missy View Post
Wow 96!! I hope my parents will also make it till 96. They are pretty for for their age with no major ailments.

Are these paintings your dad painted or owned? How exciting.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
mctavish23 (03-24-19)
Old 03-08-19, 11:15 AM

Thanked 30,777 Times in 14,153 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by namazu View Post
Maybe at around 64,000 pages is when you'd develop carpal tunnel syndrome and have to quit...until you got dictation software!
I've made 20000 posts here in 7 years so in 21 years I'll have written about 60000 pages just on addf (my hand writing is huge...and utterly illegible).

Though I'm not as prolific a writer as I used to be so maybe it will take me a bit longer
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
mctavish23 (03-24-19), namazu (03-08-19), psychopathetic (03-08-19)
Old 03-08-19, 11:37 AM
Minecraft Mod-rater

When getting over it doesn't work, break through it like the cool aid man! Oh Yeah!! jk

...or maybe go under it... no wait I'm already under, maybe that's the point.. I like pointy things (jk, I was just saying that for the kicks)

I'm just being bored and messing with wordplay
Lunacie (03-08-19), psychopathetic (03-08-19)