ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 11-19-18, 08:05 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 30,777 Times in 14,153 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The what's bothering you RIGHT NOW thread Part V

Ughh @ emotions. So I feel bad about my parents being treated badly by a girl that I can't really hold responsible for her actions so I start feeling Uber resentful, bitter and angry with her mum (who is a nasty piece of work who is troubling my family like crazy but that's a different story), and from there I go on to feel annoyed with the in-laws and hubby and all sorts of rubbish from the past. I can actually feel my brain trying hard to dig out stuff that will feed the negative emotions I've got.

I'm craving sugar so badly. Now. It's been my number coping mechanism. My number one distraction. Maybe i should start smoking again but then hubby will be upset. Ughh @ hubby
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
acdc01 (11-20-18), midnightstar (11-20-18), psychopathetic (11-19-18)
Old 11-19-18, 09:17 PM

Thanked 26,973 Times in 12,580 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy12 View Post
Ughh @ emotions. So I feel bad about my parents being treated badly by a girl that I can't really hold responsible for her actions so I start feeling Uber resentful, bitter and angry with her mum (who is a nasty piece of work who is troubling my family like crazy but that's a different story), and from there I go on to feel annoyed with the in-laws and hubby and all sorts of rubbish from the past. I can actually feel my brain trying hard to dig out stuff that will feed the negative emotions I've got.

I'm craving sugar so badly. Now. It's been my number coping mechanism. My number one distraction. Maybe i should start smoking again but then hubby will be upset. Ughh @ hubby
I've been dealing with chronic daily migraine for almost two months, and often
feel depressed at this time of year anyway, so have been trying to overcome
this myself. Don't remember what made me think of the Star Trek remakes
with a new storyline and a guest appearance by Leonard Nimoy (Spock) but
I went to youtube and paid $3 to watch all three movies.

James T Kirk had so much confidence and just plain enjoyment in life that I felt
better! So I watched them again! If you're not a Trekkie, maybe another movie
would make you feel better?

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (11-20-18), midnightstar (11-20-18), psychopathetic (11-19-18), SashaBV (11-19-18)
Old 11-20-18, 05:50 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 33,105 Times in 15,355 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Since you mentioned Star Trek I thought I'd share this pic. NASA posted it yesterday. Its swirling nebulas gases from a star but they posted it because it looked like the enterprise:

You should watch the old tv show episodes my husband and I love to do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunacie View Post

James T Kirk had so much confidence and just plain enjoyment in life that I felt

I carried a watermelon?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
midnightstar (11-20-18), psychopathetic (11-20-18)
Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-18, 12:56 PM

Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
Since you mentioned Star Trek I thought I'd share this pic. NASA posted it yesterday. Its swirling nebulas gases from a star but they posted it because it looked like the enterprise:

You should watch the old tv show episodes my husband and I love to do that.
Aww, the link doesn't work.

I do watch the original Star Trek episodes when I can catch them.
My cable provider seems to change the schedule more often than the local
Krogers changes the layout of the store. Ugh, I hate all those changes!

My daughter grew up on Next Gen, that's what she enjoys re-watching.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following User Says Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (11-20-18)
Old 11-20-18, 03:43 PM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 16,095 Times in 7,986 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

How long will a turkey last in a freezer? I was just given one (a nice jennie-o one!)...and I'm thinking about saving it for christmas.
Think it'll be okay for a month in the freezer?

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

Old 11-20-18, 03:45 PM

psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

Also...I can't wait for thanksgiving to be over! Friday is going to be a good day!
I've been waiting ALL month...most people start decorating and getting into Christmas right after thanksgiving...which means I get to TOTALLY start wearing my Santa hat (with a picture of rudolph on it with a light up nose! lmao) around town!

Is it friday yet!?

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

Old 11-20-18, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychopathetic View Post
How long will a turkey last in a freezer? I was just given one (a nice jennie-o one!)...and I'm thinking about saving it for christmas.
Think it'll be okay for a month in the freezer?
Yeah, the turkey will be fine in the freezer for one month.
Slow thaw in fridge for 3 days before cooking.

Quote:
Also...I can't wait for thanksgiving to be over! Friday is going to be a good day!
I've been waiting ALL month...most people start decorating and getting into Christmas right after thanksgiving...which means I get to TOTALLY start wearing my Santa hat (with a picture of rudolph on it with a light up nose! lmao) around town!

Is it friday yet!?

Ho Ho HO!

psychopathetic (11-20-18)
Old 11-20-18, 04:23 PM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 33,105 Times in 15,355 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Aww, the link doesn't work.

I do watch the original Star Trek episodes when I can catch them.
My cable provider seems to change the schedule more often than the local
Krogers changes the layout of the store. Ugh, I hate all those changes!

My daughter grew up on Next Gen, that's what she enjoys re-watching.

better site

I carried a watermelon?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (11-20-18), psychopathetic (11-20-18)
Old 11-20-18, 04:39 PM

Thanked 30,777 Times in 14,153 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I quite like star trek but only the original series with Captain Kirk and Spock. I remember watching it as a kid with my brother. I rarely watch movies. I can't even remember the last time I watched a movie or what it was. Sometimes though I read online selections of funny quotes to cheer myself up. Bushisms work better than anti depressants!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (11-20-18), Lunacie (11-20-18), psychopathetic (11-20-18)
Old 11-20-18, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post

better site
lol that's cool...and I like how the smaller blue one underneath the starship enterprise looks like a hand giving a peace sign (lol too bad it doesn't look like a vulcan salute!!)

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

Old 11-20-18, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Yeah, the turkey will be fine in the freezer for one month.
Slow thaw in fridge for 3 days before cooking.

Ho Ho HO!
Thanks Lun-Luns

(((Hugs)))

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

Old 11-20-18, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Thanks Lun-Luns

(((Hugs)))

Would you believe I cooked my first turkey after I turned 60?

We had always gone to someone else's house for holiday dinners.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (11-20-18), Rebelyell (11-21-18)
Old 11-20-18, 05:26 PM

Thanked 27,504 Times in 13,315 Posts
stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy12 View Post
I quite like star trek but only the original series with Captain Kirk and Spock.
same! I watched it in high school for some reason, I guess before or after dinner.
i really didn't like William Shatner in other roles. TJ Hooker, seriously?
The Following User Says Thank You to stef For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (11-20-18)
Old 11-20-18, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stef View Post
same! I watched it in high school for some reason, I guess before or after dinner.
i really didn't like William Shatner in other roles. TJ Hooker, seriously?
I know, right?

Shatner, Henry Winkler, George Foreman, Terry Bradshaw and Jeff Dye did
a couple of seasons of a really funny thing called "Better Late Than Never."
Shatner and Winkler were so hilarious just being themselves.

(Gotta see if I can find those shows on youtube!)

There was so much going on in the Star Trek with Chris Pine, that I was clear
through it twice before I realized he wasn't talking like Bill Shatner did, with
that odd . . . pause between some of the words.

But he wasn't trying to reprise the role of Kirk that Shatner gave us.
They were in an alternate reality 129 years later.

P.S. Chris Pine is younger than my daughter, but I could so do him.

stef (11-20-18)
Old 11-20-18, 08:23 PM

Thanked 11,533 Times in 6,095 Posts
Rebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond repute

I'm feeling very sad depressed n down today/ tonight
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rebelyell For This Useful Post:
acdc01 (11-20-18), Little Missy (11-20-18), Lunacie (11-21-18), psychopathetic (11-20-18), tudorose (11-21-18)