ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-19, 03:02 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 4,151 Times in 2,140 Posts
acdc01 has disabled reputation
Re: The what's bothering you RIGHT NOW thread Part V

Quote:
Originally Posted by SashaBV View Post
I'm glad it turned out okay...how scary, he could have been armed. The bank manager should report it to police even though you didn't...because he could try it again. If he's desperate enough. It's a crazy world. I don't know what I'd do if it happened to me.
If that bank manager hasn't already pulled the video and called the police, he should frankly be fired. That's probably what has already happened though you never know if people will do their jobs.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to acdc01 For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (02-02-19), psychopathetic (02-02-19)
Old 02-02-19, 04:21 AM

Thanked 27,483 Times in 13,303 Posts
stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute

I think you did the right thing by reporting; if that made him lose it, he would probably not last long in prison anyway, and maybe this is a wakeup call and he will seek help. It might have been some kind of a desperate one-time action, because he would have picked more vulnerable victims in the first place.

But yeah, he could have had a gun so please don't do that again
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stef For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (02-02-19), Little Missy (02-02-19), psychopathetic (02-02-19)
Old 02-02-19, 12:34 PM
Mind Racing Moderator

Thanked 16,314 Times in 7,807 Posts
Greyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond repute

Iím sorry, I should have clarified this happened a while back but itís still regularly on my mind. I keep replaying it in my head questioning whether I made the right decisions or not. I really need to let it go.

Thanks to all for your input. This will hopefully put the event in the back of my mind where it belongs!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Greyhound1 For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (02-02-19), midnightstar (02-02-19), psychopathetic (02-02-19), stef (02-02-19), tudorose (02-02-19)
Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-19, 02:16 PM

Thanked 4,151 Times in 2,140 Posts
acdc01 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyhound1 View Post
Iím sorry, I should have clarified this happened a while back but itís still regularly on my mind. I keep replaying it in my head questioning whether I made the right decisions or not. I really need to let it go.

Thanks to all for your input. This will hopefully put the event in the back of my mind where it belongs!
Thanks for clarifying. I had a mildly similar situation happen to me and I myself did not do the right things.

I don't really regret any of it though cause that something that happened had cause my emotions to rule my mind. And in a case like that, almost anyone's mind would be ruled by emotions. I felt as if I was on complete autopilot and I don't think I could have gotten myself to do any differently.

It was the first time anything like that happened to me and I don't think there was any way I or anyone else could keep themselves from letting emotions rule their mind in a first time situation like the one I experienced. If I had to do it again the same thing would have happened cause I was on autopilot (which is normal), out of control, and really couldn't have changed what happened.

I can't changed what happened but I'm learned that if something like that happens again, well I'm consciously aware that my emotions will be strong and I need to try to keep them in check. And don't confront the perpetrator cause they may have a weapon.

That said, in your case Greyhound, I felt like you actually did some smart things even while your emotions were high. I don't think I would have thought to speak to the bank. Seems like an easy thing to know to do but I don't think I would have thought of it in that instance. And I actually think your situation came out about as good as it could. No one was hurt. And I think the guy would think twice about doing the same thing to someone else.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to acdc01 For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (02-02-19), Lunacie (02-02-19), midnightstar (02-02-19), psychopathetic (02-02-19), stef (02-02-19)
Old 02-02-19, 02:18 PM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 23,748 Times in 14,042 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I hope you're okay, Great Hound
Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
Willow (3rd November 2018 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (02-02-19), psychopathetic (02-02-19), stef (02-02-19)
Old 02-02-19, 04:27 PM
Mind Racing Moderator

Greyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdc01 View Post
And in a case like that, almost anyone's mind would be ruled by emotions. I felt as if I was on complete autopilot and I don't think I could have gotten myself to do any differently.

That said, in your case Greyhound, I felt like you actually did some smart things even while your emotions were high. I don't think I would have thought to speak to the bank. Seems like an easy thing to know to do but I don't think I would have thought of it in that instance. And I actually think your situation came out about as good as it could. No one was hurt. And I think the guy would think twice about doing the same thing to someone else.
Thatís interesting you bring up emotions in situations like this. Iíve been thinking a lot lately about how adrenaline has always been the stimulus that my ADHD is seeking. Also, how an adrenaline rush can have both very positive and negative effects on my emotions and how my emotions can easily trigger an adrenaline response.

During the peak of a huge adrenaline spike such as an emergency or dangerous situation my emotions, worries and inhibitions end. I also go into auto pilot and seem to be able to assess the situation instantly and just react without knowingly having a conscious thought. Also, time feels like it greatly slows down.

After the adrenaline rush is over is when my emotions come back into play. After my situation is when I worried. I went in and told the bank manager from fear of the guy coming back later and claiming, I assaulted him.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Greyhound1 For This Useful Post:
midnightstar (02-02-19), psychopathetic (02-02-19), stef (02-02-19)
Old 02-02-19, 04:42 PM

midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Thank you Tudor!

Should I have had him arrested? I felt sorry for him when things were under control and he starts crying. I figured he learned a lesson but didnít want him in jail. Maybe, I should have. I donít know.
If you had had him arrested, it would have been his fault, not yours Great Hound :grouphjug:

I don't know what the american cops are like (over here we only ever hear the bad things about american cops) so I don't know

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (02-02-19), psychopathetic (02-02-19)
Old 02-02-19, 09:48 PM
Mind Racing Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightstar View Post
If you had had him arrested, it would have been his fault, not yours Great Hound :grouphjug:

I don't know what the american cops are like (over here we only ever hear the bad things about american cops) so I don't know
I totally agree and donít feel at fault for anything except for possibly letting him go. I didnít want or have time for the hassle of police reports, possible trial, etc. plus the guilt of getting him arrested after I almost knocked his head off. Seeing a grown man crying in his condition would forever haunt my OCD thoughts knowing, I had him put in jail.

It bothers me because perhaps the help he really needed was jail to get himself together. He may still be out there threatening other people or possibly dead from a drug addiction.

I feel a bit guilty because I took the easy way out. Either way, I would feel guilty.

Last edited by Greyhound1; 02-02-19 at 10:07 PM..
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Greyhound1 For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (02-02-19), midnightstar (02-03-19), namazu (02-02-19), psychopathetic (02-02-19), stef (02-03-19)
Old 02-03-19, 05:05 AM

Quote:
I totally agree and donít feel at fault for anything except for possibly letting him go. I didnít want or have time for the hassle of police reports, possible trial, etc. plus the guilt of getting him arrested after I almost knocked his head off. Seeing a grown man crying in his condition would forever haunt my OCD thoughts knowing, I had him put in jail.

It bothers me because perhaps the help he really needed was jail to get himself together. He may still be out there threatening other people or possibly dead from a drug addiction.

I feel a bit guilty because I took the easy way out. Either way, I would feel guilty.
I admit I don't trust the american cops anyways so I personally wouldnt get anyone arrested, there again to be fair our media tends to only report on the bad things the cops do, never the good so I can't really judge whether you did the right thing or not, Great Hound

In other news, I need to go to the kennels

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (02-03-19), psychopathetic (02-03-19), stef (02-03-19)
Old 02-03-19, 08:45 AM

Thanked 27,483 Times in 13,303 Posts
stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

That totally depends on where you live in the states. My young third cousin is on the police force in a quiet, small town. He is a caring, decent, non-violent guy and also someone you would totally count on in an emergency (much like his uncle, ie a second cousin, who is an assistant warden in a correctional facility).

At the same time, in Minneapolis there were some policeman who were suspended over the holidays for racial incidents.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to stef For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (02-03-19), Little Missy (02-03-19), midnightstar (02-03-19), psychopathetic (02-03-19)
Old 02-03-19, 08:50 AM

Thanked 22,362 Times in 12,041 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

Winter Storm Alert!

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (02-03-19), psychopathetic (02-03-19), stef (02-03-19)
Old 02-03-19, 09:25 AM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 15,986 Times in 7,935 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I admit I don't trust the american cops anyways so I personally wouldnt get anyone arrested, there again to be fair our media tends to only report on the bad things the cops do, never the good
It really frustrates me how police get such a bad reputation.
I mean I fully understand that there's plenty of bad cops out there...but there's tons of great police officers out there as well.
I'm naive though and as such, I believe that there's FAR more good cops than there are bad. Like the vast majority are great people, and only a small percentage become corrupt, power hungry or whatever.
It's just that news, movies and society at large tend to make a big deal (rightly so) when an officer does something considered bad.
But what about all the awesome things police do? They sometimes get mentioned...but it seems the good are easily forgotten to most while the bad stuff sticks around in our memory.
And then of course, what about all of the other 99% of the police who don't do anything newsworthy (either bad or good) but are just doing routine, regular police work. Traffic stops, and patrolling, and detective work, and helping settle disputes, or being guards in jails and prisons. They're out there day in and day out busting their a**es off to keep society safe and running smoothly...but they get no media attention and get over looked.

I've been pulled over by police, I've been in a situation where police had me at gunpoint and was arrested, and I've been to jail.
And honestly...I've not had a single bad experience with any officer. They've all been respectful...even the guards at jail. And especially when I've been pulled over.
I think it has a lot to do though with how much respect I have for them, and the fact that I've always been very honest with them and don't give them any sort of negative attitude.

Maybe I've just been lucky? But I'd like to believe that most people have rather decent encounters with police. That not all of them are jerks.

Sorry for the rant.
It is something I get quite flustered about though. There's so many people who give police a bad rap and it's never made a whole lot of sense to me. I love police. I love the fact that right now there's police driving around town patrolling. They make me feel a whole heck of a lot safer then I would without them.

There's bad teachers, there's bad priests, there's bad doctors...I mean, there's bad/corrupt/whatever people in any form of employment where power is involved...it just happens. Power can corrupt people, it draws people in...and some people just can't handle it. But just because there's some bad apples out there...doesn't mean everyone in those professions are bad apples.

It just makes me sad
Police officers in general are towards the very top of my list on people I trust. I think most of them are very upstanding awesome people with extremely solid morals and values. I love them, and feel safe with them.

Sorry again for the rant.
/sigh xP

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (02-03-19), Little Missy (02-03-19), midnightstar (02-03-19), stef (02-03-19)
Old 02-03-19, 09:33 AM

psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Missy View Post
Winter Storm Alert!
Oh no!
Please stay safe and warm!

Down below you in my little spot...there's some chances of light snow today, but for the most part it's suppose to be a nice winter day.

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following User Says Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
midnightstar (02-03-19)
Old 02-03-19, 09:36 AM

Also, I only have a few decent shirts to my name atm...

And well...I'm wearing one of my favorites this morning...
And I decided to get into a fight with a bottle of super glue (the tip was clogged so the glue couldn't run out).
The super glue won.

Shirt's got a bunch of glue on it now. Dang it.

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following User Says Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
midnightstar (02-03-19)
Old 02-03-19, 09:40 AM

Thanked 22,362 Times in 12,041 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

The police here are very helpful and nice.

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (02-03-19), midnightstar (02-03-19), psychopathetic (02-03-19), stef (02-03-19)