ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-19, 12:18 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 26,918 Times in 12,561 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The what's bothering you RIGHT NOW thread Part V

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychopathetic View Post
So as amazing as my cpap machine is...it hasn't fixed everything.

When I sleep...the cpap machine has done wonders for me. It's really quite amazing! I sleep so dang well now...I love the sleep I get.

But that's the thing. I still get insomnia. It comes and goes, but I've been having a tough time with it this past week.
Sometimes I wont have much of an issue going to sleep...but then I'll wake up 3 or 4 hours later needing to use the bathroom...but then I can't fall back asleep. Even though I'll be super tired. I can lay there with my eyes closed and all my lights off for hours. My mind will be racing and I get this physical sensation in my chest...it's like a motor or something...my heart starts pounding and my legs start rapidly dancing around and there's (it's hard to explain) a vibration that goes on in me...very restless...and I can't fall back to sleep.
I've had insomnia ever since I was a kid...and I never have found a way to shut my brain off.

I don't know. I'm just complaining to complain lol >.<'
That's something I've wondered about since I did a sleep study ... whether the
insomnia was connected or not. I'm better about getting back to sleep if/when
I wake up in the night, but it still takes up to 30 minutes. Not that I've timed it.

My daughter had a check in with her sleep doc this morning. Her sleep apnea
has gone from 27 times per night to 1.5 times per night. Yay! She has 2 fused
vertebra in her neck and the neck strap was uncomfortable. The doc showed us
some homemade workarounds to pad the strap or replace it with stretchy cloth.
Apparently someone else who had the problem started making them and selling
them on ebay even.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (02-13-19), Rebelyell (02-15-19)
Old 02-13-19, 03:14 PM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 33,094 Times in 15,350 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

So this morning I knocked over a small table by the door and broke a lamp. A half hour later I tripped on the inappropriate-for-a-small-dog bed and knocked the lamp over on that table and it broke. I said outloud to myself"I am SICK of everything being jammed into these spots!" And I rearranged all the furniture in the living room. And scrubbed stained spots on the carpet that were hiding under the furniture I moved. It looks great. Need to buy two more lamps though....

I carried a watermelon?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (02-13-19), namazu (02-13-19), psychopathetic (02-13-19), stef (02-13-19)
Old 02-13-19, 06:15 PM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 16,053 Times in 7,968 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

(((((((Humpty-Dumpty-Sweets)))))))

And And...

Quote:
My daughter had a check in with her sleep doc this morning. Her sleep apnea
has gone from 27 times per night to 1.5 times per night. Yay

That's really awesome! I've had similar results...I went from 40'something disturbances per hour...down to a 1.4 average (over the past 30 days).

Also, I got a solid 7.5 hours of sleep last night! I did wake up midway through, but I did't need to use the bathroom so I fell back asleep with ease.

(((((((Lunsy's Daughter))))))) ...grrr why do I keep forgetting her name?

(((((((Lun-Luns)))))))

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following User Says Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (02-13-19)
Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-19, 06:29 PM

Thanked 5,585 Times in 2,411 Posts
tudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
So this morning I knocked over a small table by the door and broke a lamp. A half hour later I tripped on the inappropriate-for-a-small-dog bed and knocked the lamp over on that table and it broke. I said outloud to myself"I am SICK of everything being jammed into these spots!" And I rearranged all the furniture in the living room. And scrubbed stained spots on the carpet that were hiding under the furniture I moved. It looks great. Need to buy two more lamps though....
Plastic ones from Ikea are good for ADHD people. Haven't broken mine yet in spite of many droppings
psychopathetic (02-13-19)
Old 02-13-19, 06:42 PM

Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
(((((((Humpty-Dumpty-Sweets)))))))

And And...

That's really awesome! I've had similar results...I went from 40'something disturbances per hour...down to a 1.4 average (over the past 30 days).

Also, I got a solid 7.5 hours of sleep last night! I did wake up midway through, but I did't need to use the bathroom so I fell back asleep with ease.

(((((((Lunsy's Daughter))))))) ...grrr why do I keep forgetting her name?

(((((((Lun-Luns)))))))
I guess they really do work. Glad to hear it brought your numbers so low too.

I'm not sure I've ever told anyone my daughter's name. Jenn.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following User Says Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (02-13-19)
Old 02-14-19, 11:54 PM

psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

I was at my group today, and it got brought up how i couldn't work with my previous case manager...he was there as he co-runs the group.
He immediately jumped in and was all like "Well in my job, sometimes I have to tell people things they don't want to hear..."
haha I cut him off and told him that it had NOTHING to do with that. But I didn't feel like getting into it with him. It wasn't the time nor the place...
I couldn't work with him because he was a complete jack *** to me. He continuously treated me like an imbecile, he was very insensitive, he kept telling me he was going to do all sorts of things for me, then he didn't do any of it, he kept going on and on about how I needed to speak up and ask for help...yet when I went for him and asked for the help, he treated me like an idiot, and he was just flat out rude.

So it urks me in all the wrong ways that in his mind the reason I fired him was because of me. He's got such a huge ego that there's no way that (in his mind) he was in the wrong.

I damn near went off on him. But meh...I didn't feel like ruining an otherwise great group we were having.

He's lucky I didn't file a proper complaint against him months ago when I was having to work with him...I was very close to doing so.

I really don't like arrogant jerks...especially when they hurt people, but then make everyone believe that it was the person who he hurt's fault. Like...wtf is that?

I need to let this go though. I don't feel like letting him get me down too low. I've spent far too much time in the past year sitting in anger over him.

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
midnightstar (02-15-19), namazu (02-15-19), stef (02-15-19)
Old 02-15-19, 10:37 AM

Quote:
I was at my group today, and it got brought up how i couldn't work with my previous case manager...he was there as he co-runs the group.
He immediately jumped in and was all like "Well in my job, sometimes I have to tell people things they don't want to hear..."
haha I cut him off and told him that it had NOTHING to do with that. But I didn't feel like getting into it with him. It wasn't the time nor the place...
I couldn't work with him because he was a complete jack *** to me. He continuously treated me like an imbecile, he was very insensitive, he kept telling me he was going to do all sorts of things for me, then he didn't do any of it, he kept going on and on about how I needed to speak up and ask for help...yet when I went for him and asked for the help, he treated me like an idiot, and he was just flat out rude.

So it urks me in all the wrong ways that in his mind the reason I fired him was because of me. He's got such a huge ego that there's no way that (in his mind) he was in the wrong.

I damn near went off on him. But meh...I didn't feel like ruining an otherwise great group we were having.

He's lucky I didn't file a proper complaint against him months ago when I was having to work with him...I was very close to doing so.

I really don't like arrogant jerks...especially when they hurt people, but then make everyone believe that it was the person who he hurt's fault. Like...wtf is that?

I need to let this go though. I don't feel like letting him get me down too low. I've spent far too much time in the past year sitting in anger over him.
You are "rising above."

He sounds like a narcissist. Should be reported. Sounds like he has no business
counseling other people, or saying he will do things for them and not following
through. Ugh.

The Following User Says Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (02-15-19)
Old 02-15-19, 11:04 AM

Thanked 11,478 Times in 6,076 Posts
Rebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond repute

OMG forgot to take meds last 2 or 3 days and I'm a hot mess. I struggle when I take them but w out them I'm like trying to fight Mike Tyson w 1 hand tied behind my back.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rebelyell For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (02-15-19), namazu (02-15-19), psychopathetic (02-15-19), stef (02-15-19), tudorose (02-15-19)
Old 02-15-19, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunacie View Post
You are "rising above."

He sounds like a narcissist. Should be reported. Sounds like he has no business
counseling other people, or saying he will do things for them and not following
through. Ugh.
I wonder that all the time...why the heck he chose this profession to be in. I can't count the number of times he's said things (not just to me) that are very insensitive and arrogant...it's like he's completely oblivious to how much of a jerk he is...and it's like he doesn't realize that he's working with people that are most more sensitive than most.
I would report him...but I feel so weak to him and my therapist. If I had my mom here still I'd likely of had him reported months ago. I just don't have that person behind me anymore...to fight with me and to stand strong for me.

(((Luns)))

Also, I think maybe you have told me your daughter's name once before. lol I'm trying t remember these things, but sometimes it's tough.

So there's your Daughter Jenn
Then there's Little Miss Nove-Noves
And Katlin (that's how you spelt it in your post...did you mean Kaitlin?) your other granddaughter.
I don't know any of the rest of the names lol.

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

Old 02-15-19, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebelyell View Post
OMG forgot to take meds last 2 or 3 days and I'm a hot mess. I struggle when I take them but w out them I'm like trying to fight Mike Tyson w 1 hand tied behind my back.
Oh jeeze...that sucks. I had to stop my meds for a couple of weeks at the end of last month cause I couldn't afford the co-pay to pick the prescription up...man. I was a wreck!

Do you have any on hand? Can you start back up on them?

I feel so unfunctional without my meds.

(((((((Reb-Rebs)))))))

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following User Says Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
Rebelyell (02-16-19)
Old 02-15-19, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebelyell View Post
That's the main reason I keep mine in a daily pill minder ... it doesn't help me
remember to take them unfortunately ... but so I know how many days I missed.
Yesterday's meds were still in the box this morning.

Quote:
I wonder that all the time...why the heck he chose this profession to be in. I can't count the number of times he's said things (not just to me) that are very insensitive and arrogant...it's like he's completely oblivious to how much of a jerk he is...and it's like he doesn't realize that he's working with people that are most more sensitive than most.
I would report him...but I feel so weak to him and my therapist. If I had my mom here still I'd likely of had him reported months ago. I just don't have that person behind me anymore...to fight with me and to stand strong for me.

(((Luns)))

Also, I think maybe you have told me your daughter's name once before. lol I'm trying t remember these things, but sometimes it's tough.

So there's your Daughter Jenn
Then there's Little Miss Nove-Noves
And Katlin (that's how you spelt it in your post...did you mean Kaitlin?) your other granddaughter.
I don't know any of the rest of the names lol.
I am so grateful for my daughter Jenn's support. I try not to think what I would
do if anything happened to her. Now that the girl's dad is dead, it would either
be up to me or to her dad's sister to take care of Nove. Jenn is starting to look
into getting guardianship for her. She will turn 18 in just 9 months. She is not
capable of taking care of herself, financially or medically or any way.

Yes, it's Katlin, not Kaitlin. She's our KittyKat. Many of her presents over the
years have been cat themed, including the nightshirt I got for her at Christmas.
Her boyfriend is Wes, they met in an RPG game room online and talked in the
game and on skype for 3 years before he drove here to meet us all.

There are 2 other guys who are sharing the apartment with them, Cody and Josh.
Feels almost like having 3 grandsons now, as well as the 2 granddaughters I've
always had. I made fudge for everyone for Christmas. Josh says that's the thing
he misses most about his childhood Christmas, his gramma's fudge. *sniff*smile*

I don't know why, wish I did, but I hadn't had a Level Red migraine for nearly
2 weeks. Just a bit longer than I've been taking the Vitamin B complex. Also
been taking Duloxetine for nearly that long. So it could be either, both, or
neither. Nothing above a Level Yellow until this morning when I woke up with
head pain. Took my Excedrin and Benedryl, but I'm almost glad it's icy out as
an excuse not to have to go anywhere today.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
namazu (02-15-19), psychopathetic (02-15-19), Rebelyell (02-16-19), stef (02-15-19)
Old 02-15-19, 09:03 PM

tudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond repute

I'm so tired. It's been a stressful week. And a lot of exercise to cope with the stress. I should be cooking but I just want to go to sleep
psychopathetic (02-15-19), Rebelyell (02-16-19)
Old 02-15-19, 09:39 PM

OH!

What ya cooking me for dinner?

lol

(((((((Sleepy Tudsy-Tuds)))))))

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
midnightstar (02-16-19), Rebelyell (02-16-19), tudorose (02-16-19)
Old 02-16-19, 04:44 AM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 23,802 Times in 14,078 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
OH!

What ya cooking me for dinner?

lol

(((((((Sleepy Tudsy-Tuds)))))))
*cooks psycho some chilli con carne for dinner*
Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
Willow (3rd November 2018 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (02-16-19), Rebelyell (02-16-19), tudorose (02-16-19)
Old 02-16-19, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightstar View Post
*cooks psycho some chilli con carne for dinner*
Lol that sounds pretty good actually. I cooked chicken wings. I used ghee, sweet chilli sauce and bbq sauce. I cheat and take the easy way out
midnightstar (02-16-19), psychopathetic (02-16-19), stef (02-16-19)