ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-19, 12:31 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 26,912 Times in 12,558 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The what's bothering you RIGHT NOW thread Part V

Rebs, sorry the relationship didn't work out like you hoped it would.
My hubby (a man) was never able to give me a straight answer either.

Psycho, I didn't sleep well last night either. Hope we both do better tonight.

What's bothering me? The migraine yesterday ... that plus adhd brain made me
enter the wrong time for my phone alarm and I missed getting to the dentist
this morning. Rescheduled for next week. Urk.

And the person who called me from the business that supplies c-pap equipment
had an accent and talked much too quickly for me to understood anything she
said in the message. Despite the migraine I called them back and again had too
much trouble understanding the person on the other end.

Finally I simply hung up because I was about to start crying from frustration
and pain. I hate to do it, but I'm going to ask my daughter to call them for me
and see if she can understand them better. Doing this long distance seems so
strange after she was able to pick up her cpap in person and ask questions.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
namazu (02-19-19), psychopathetic (02-19-19), stef (02-19-19)
Old 02-19-19, 02:54 PM

Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Bless her heart, my daughter called the cpap equipment phone and she couldn't
understand the accent either.

I called back and explained that we could not understand their accents and the
guy made a great effort to speak slowly and clearly. I could understand him,
but he had to switch me to someone else to go over my information and she
was not speaking as clearly. I broke down and cried but managed to get the
gist of the call.

They base the equipment on the insurance and simply send it through the mail.
I guess you watch a video and figure out how to do it all on your own instead of
having someone go over it with you in the office like the provider for my adult
daughter's equipment.

Apparently I make one initial payment of $53 and then another 13 monthly
payments of $7.54, after which I own the equipment. I didn't bother to ask and
try to understand what I do if I want to try a different face mask or whatever.

I refused to do business over the phone when I can't understand what is being
told to me. I said I understood they have a local office and asked if I could just
go there to get my equipment? Finally got her to admit I can do that and she
set up an appointment for Friday am.

Please give me good thoughts that I will be able to understand the person I'm
to meet at the office.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (02-19-19), midnightstar (02-19-19), namazu (02-19-19), psychopathetic (02-19-19), Rebelyell (02-20-19), stef (02-19-19)
Old 02-19-19, 03:15 PM

Thanked 11,475 Times in 6,074 Posts
Rebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you guys me too ! I'm just taken that she didn't feel like she could talk to me whatever the problem was..she said she was broken didn't or couldn't decide or know if she still had feelings of love for me or if she was in love w me but saw me as a great friend and thought it was her PTSD.either way it's over and I'm saddened because even if I couldn't fix it I'd like to know so I could be better for the next time.right now I don't know if I should be hurt sad or disappointed? If you said like um I dropped you hints and you didn't get it and it's not getting fixed n I'm done I could accept that..walk away after 4 years to not know hurts..
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rebelyell For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (02-19-19), psychopathetic (02-19-19), stef (02-19-19), tudorose (02-20-19)
Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-19, 02:14 AM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 16,043 Times in 7,961 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunacie View Post
Bless her heart, my daughter called the cpap equipment phone and she couldn't
understand the accent either.

I called back and explained that we could not understand their accents and the
guy made a great effort to speak slowly and clearly. I could understand him,
but he had to switch me to someone else to go over my information and she
was not speaking as clearly. I broke down and cried but managed to get the
gist of the call.

They base the equipment on the insurance and simply send it through the mail.
I guess you watch a video and figure out how to do it all on your own instead of
having someone go over it with you in the office like the provider for my adult
daughter's equipment.

Apparently I make one initial payment of $53 and then another 13 monthly
payments of $7.54, after which I own the equipment. I didn't bother to ask and
try to understand what I do if I want to try a different face mask or whatever.

I refused to do business over the phone when I can't understand what is being
told to me. I said I understood they have a local office and asked if I could just
go there to get my equipment? Finally got her to admit I can do that and she
set up an appointment for Friday am.

Please give me good thoughts that I will be able to understand the person I'm
to meet at the office.
(((((((Lunsy)))))))

How frustrating

I'm glad you're going to go to their office. Hopefully they'll show you everything and let you try several kinds/sizes of masks to see which you prefer.
That's what they did for me.

Mine was a bit different...they gave me a 30 day 'trial' period with the machine. My machine has a cellular modem in it so they can collect all the data it stores wirelessly straight from their office. After the 30 days they downloaded all the info to make sure it was being used (it's able to detect when it's actually being used and when it's not) and to make sure it was effective.
Once that was done though...my insurance payed for the machine for me and it's now mine.
I am VERY lucky that I have the insurance that I have. omg <3

Oh Luns...I'm am so hoping this cpap machine will help you! Don't be too hard on yourself..it's a pain in the *** to get use to it. But I promise you can get use to it!
I'm at a point now that not only am I use to it, that I can't imagine trying to fall asleep without it now. I legitimately like wearing it as I fall asleep now.

Today was a bit of a wreck. I did make it to my group, but man I was raw and grouchy haha. At least I was able to hold it all in without any arguments or anything.
Then I over ate...then I took a 3 hour nap...and the whole day has gone to waste.
It's now a little past 11pm and I gotta be up early again (got an appointment with my pill lady...but it's in a town 30 miles away)...I'm SO hoping tonight II can sleep.

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following User Says Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (02-20-19)
Old 02-20-19, 02:24 AM

psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

Do any of you guys get this? What is it? Anxiety?

For me I feel it in the center of my chest. It's like a ball of energy...it's hard to describe. It vibrates...like a motor.
Sometimes it makes my heart race like crazy...can make it hard to breath. Sometimes it's even painful...taking a deep breath in hurts it a bit more, but then holding my breath in helps a little bit.
There's also this weird thing I do that I can't even begin to explain...but it's like a quick breath in, swallow, straighten my back and rapidly shake my hands while flicking my fingers...which helps to relieve some of that pent up energy...only I don't like doing it, because once I do it it can be very difficult to stop myself from continuing to do it and it drives me nuts.
Could this be a "tick"?

Smoking use to help this a TON. Though looking back...it probably really wasn't the smoking that helped...it was just the deep breathing and holding my breath in.

Does any of this make any sense to anyone else? Any of you relate to any of it?

This hit me hard last night as I was laying in bed trying to sleep. Really frustrated me as I tossed and turned...extremely exhausted...trying to drift into sleep for hours.

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

Old 02-20-19, 10:44 AM

Thanked 22,377 Times in 12,050 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

Today is the first day of the rest of my new life. Same place only LOL lives in the top notch new happy house right across the street. Very top notch.

When I get my glasses today I think, life should straighten out. My God, I know I have really bad vision but even driving that one straight mile was tough trying not to look at anything. I need to see. How can plastic in such a minimal amount cost SO much?

It was like a Disney goodbye with me bawling my face swollen, but she wants lunch and news everyday so agorophobics like me still have purpose in a minimal area. I want to snitch food. This is not a cafeteria place and they serve it and prepare it for only the few there. It better be good,

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (02-20-19), psychopathetic (02-20-19)
Old 02-20-19, 11:33 AM

(((Miss-Miss)))

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

Old 02-20-19, 03:24 PM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 33,094 Times in 15,350 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Can I please be done with car problems? I fix one and then something goes with the other. And then there are the kids cars...

I carried a watermelon?
The Following User Says Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (02-20-19)
Old 02-20-19, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychopathetic View Post
Do any of you guys get this? What is it? Anxiety?

For me I feel it in the center of my chest. It's like a ball of energy...it's hard to describe. It vibrates...like a motor.
Sometimes it makes my heart race like crazy...can make it hard to breath. Sometimes it's even painful...taking a deep breath in hurts it a bit more, but then holding my breath in helps a little bit.
There's also this weird thing I do that I can't even begin to explain...but it's like a quick breath in, swallow, straighten my back and rapidly shake my hands while flicking my fingers...which helps to relieve some of that pent up energy...only I don't like doing it, because once I do it it can be very difficult to stop myself from continuing to do it and it drives me nuts.
Could this be a "tick"?

Smoking use to help this a TON. Though looking back...it probably really wasn't the smoking that helped...it was just the deep breathing and holding my breath in.

Does any of this make any sense to anyone else? Any of you relate to any of it?

This hit me hard last night as I was laying in bed trying to sleep. Really frustrated me as I tossed and turned...extremely exhausted...trying to drift into sleep for hours.
I've been on antidepressants for anxiety so long (6+ years) that I don't really
remember what the anxiety felt like. But I do remember it was located in the
middle of my chest most of the time.

When I get anxiety now I usually end up bouncing my knee or tapping my hand.
And the more I do it, the harder it is to stop.

I wonder if you could use a drinking straw as a cigarette substitute?

The guy at the local c-pap office called this morning to say he can't keep the
appointment for Friday morning that the Florida office set up. Can we meet on
Monday instead? I said I would meet him any time he's free because YAY! I can
understand what he's saying. He laughed out loud so I think he has trouble
understanding the strong accent at he main office too.

I wish I had a chance to talk to the PA who ordered the sleep test about whether
I truly need a c-pap since my symptoms are "mild." But she's only in the office
a few days a month and I'm sure the doctor ordered the machine for me. That's
what he does, orders meds or machines. It took the PA to order the test for me.

The Following User Says Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
Old 02-20-19, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
Can I please be done with car problems? I fix one and then something goes with the other. And then there are the kids cars...
Well...since you're now pretty much the oficial "Car Problems Lady"...mind fixing my car up while you're at it?

Shall I leave the lengthy list of problems with it here...
Or would you rather me send it through pm?

(((Sweets)))

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following User Says Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
sarahsweets (02-22-19)
Old 02-20-19, 04:28 PM

Thanked 22,377 Times in 12,050 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

No glasses for another week???!!! They are paid for in full.

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following User Says Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
Old 02-20-19, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunacie View Post
because YAY! I can
understand what he's saying. He laughed out loud so I think he has trouble
understanding the strong accent at he main office too.

Looking forward to hearing how it goes! I wonder what machine they'll give you.

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

Old 02-20-19, 04:50 PM

Just saw my pill lady...man she's awesome. I wish everyone in the world could have such attentive, understanding and non-judgmental pill peoples.

It was a power packed hour with her for sure. A very pleasant hour where she said a lot of things that made a lot of sense to me and made me feel a lot better about myself.
Damn I'm hard on myself lol.

Anyhow, I told her about how my cpap machine is AMAZING and how deep and restorative my sleep is...but that I still have a hard time with insomnia.
I also explained that ball of energy I sometimes get in my chest...and how it vibrates and buzzes and drives me nuts and is near impossible to fall asleep with...
And she thinks it's a mixture of my racing mind, and anxiety.

So she said she'd try me on a low dose of Temazepam. She said she's always been very selective on who she prescribes benzos to, and now recently they've really been cracing down on prescribers over prescribing them so she's even more careful about it...
So that made me feel good. I think it means she trusts me.

I asked her if it was like ativan and it if was addictive and she told me it was. I told her I didn't like ativan and when she asked why...I told her it was because it made me feel really good...too good lol...so good that I was afraid of having them around. I reminded her that she'd prescribed me a month's worth of them a couple years ago (30 pills) and I took 1 dose which made me feel slightly drunk and very good and I was afraid I'd get stupid and try to abuse them...so I brought her back in the 29 other pills because I didn't want them around lol.

She's hoping this will be different as she's not wanting me to take these daily, and she's not giving them to me for my anxiety really...she's giving them to me specifically to try and help me relax when my mind is going nuts and I'm unable to sleep.

She was also going to give me 2 months worth (30 pills)...but I asked if she could go ahead and just give me 1 month's worth (15 pills) instead, which she was happy to do.

It's also...I think...a really low dose. I think she said that they're just 1mg pills (I haven't picked them up from the pharmacy yet).

...On 1 hand I'll be really happy if they work and help me fall asleep on the nights where I absolutely can not shut my brain off...

On the other hand I don't like taking meds that can lead to dependency/addiction...and especially meds that are easy to abuse. Also...even though it feels really good...I don't like taking meds that can make me euphoric or give me a buzz/high.
I'm glad I almost never get any sort of a buzz from my Adderall anymore (I did when I first got put on my current dose...and then once ever few months it'll hit me).
I'm not sure how to explain it...it just doesn't feel right to me. I don't like feeling like a druggy or whatever.
I just don't like it lol.

So anyhow. We'll see how things go.

My pill lady rocks.

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

Old 02-20-19, 04:57 PM

P.S.
I think it was Temazepam...though I don't remember 100%. It very well may have been some other kind of 'pam' lol.
I wont know till I pick them up at my pharmacy. Kinda wish I remembered what it was for sure as I'd like to look up some info on it online.

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

Old 02-20-19, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Missy View Post
No glasses for another week???!!! They are paid for in full.
I know, right? $250 and a 2-week wait.
And then they were the most uncomfortable things I've worn in years.
So another 2 week wait for the new pair and I got a call that they came in
but something was wrong with them ... so I waited another week.

Got fed up and spent $100 on a pair of glasses from Zenni online just in case.

The Following User Says Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post: