ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-19, 03:35 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 26,863 Times in 12,537 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The what's bothering you RIGHT NOW thread Part V

I had a migraine earlier. Went to Chinese clinic for accupuncture. Feeling better.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
aeon (08-16-19), Little Missy (08-16-19), midnightstar (08-16-19), namazu (08-16-19), stef (08-16-19)
Old 08-19-19, 06:37 PM
Minecraft Mod-rater

Thanked 1,436 Times in 748 Posts
TurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to all

Living jobless with my jobless retired father who listens to and talks about scams all day is so annoying...

What's up with gurus who charge hundreds of dollars promising you that you'll make lots of money? If I made the kind of money to afford their courses, I wouldn't need them!! Oh and they talk about comparing themselves to college.. I was on financial aid and I didn't need a job to pay for college, in fact I never had a job during college.. I still don't have a job, so I guess these gurus just never had people like me in mind... They were just thinking of "normal" people who actually have jobs that they probably hate.
acdc01 (08-21-19), Lunacie (08-19-19), midnightstar (08-20-19)
Old 08-20-19, 03:45 AM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 23,748 Times in 14,042 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBrain View Post
Living jobless with my jobless retired father who listens to and talks about scams all day is so annoying...

What's up with gurus who charge hundreds of dollars promising you that you'll make lots of money? If I made the kind of money to afford their courses, I wouldn't need them!! Oh and they talk about comparing themselves to college.. I was on financial aid and I didn't need a job to pay for college, in fact I never had a job during college.. I still don't have a job, so I guess these gurus just never had people like me in mind... They were just thinking of "normal" people who actually have jobs that they probably hate.
basically they are scamming people, Turtle
Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
Willow (3rd November 2018 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (08-20-19), Rebelyell (08-28-19)
Sponsored Links
Old 08-21-19, 10:07 AM

Thanked 4,153 Times in 2,142 Posts
acdc01 has disabled reputation

My dad officially has dementia now. I feel more a burden than I do sad as I don't really feel much a connection to my father even though I see him often. He was always negligent when I was a child and has always been emotionally distant.

I also blame him for his dementia hitting him as early as now. We've pushed him to take better care of himself but he never did anything.

I'm not sure what to do about him. Where he lives, who takes care of him when he gets even worse, etc. He's fighting all ideas at the moment too. He is so much effort, even before dementia, he could never take care of himself and me and the rest of my family have had to take care of many things for him. Now, it's going to get even worse.

Sorry, may sound selfish of me thinking of me but it does suck having to take care of someone who never really took care of you when you were young and who I think put himself into this poor state of health (he would probably have gotten dementia later anyway, but it wouldn't have happened so soon).
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to acdc01 For This Useful Post:
SashaBV (08-22-19), stef (08-21-19), TheDreamer (08-22-19), tudorose (09-13-19)
Old 08-21-19, 11:37 AM

Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdc01 View Post
My dad officially has dementia now. I feel more a burden than I do sad as I don't really feel much a connection to my father even though I see him often. He was always negligent when I was a child and has always been emotionally distant.

I also blame him for his dementia hitting him as early as now. We've pushed him to take better care of himself but he never did anything.

I'm not sure what to do about him. Where he lives, who takes care of him when he gets even worse, etc. He's fighting all ideas at the moment too. He is so much effort, even before dementia, he could never take care of himself and me and the rest of my family have had to take care of many things for him. Now, it's going to get even worse.

Sorry, may sound selfish of me thinking of me but it does suck having to take care of someone who never really took care of you when you were young and who I think put himself into this poor state of health (he would probably have gotten dementia later anyway, but it wouldn't have happened so soon).
I'm sorry you're dealing with this. My dad had dementia, possibly related to his
heart disease. My older brother had to deal with him because I lived some way
away and was busy taking care of my special needs granddaughter. I was never
close to my dad either.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
acdc01 (08-21-19), namazu (08-26-19), stef (08-26-19)
Old 08-26-19, 07:16 AM
Secret Squirrel!! Moderator

Thanked 13,403 Times in 5,428 Posts
TygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond repute

Anxiety. Don’t know why the start of this year is getting to me. All I know is that I’m waiting in my car so that my first interaction isn’t with a particular individual. I know it’ll be ok, but I don’t have the energy to pretend to be nice right now.

"being lost,/ being crazy maybe/ is not so bad/ if you can be/ that way/ undisturbed."
Charles Bukowski
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to TygerSan For This Useful Post:
aeon (08-26-19), Lunacie (08-26-19), midnightstar (08-26-19), namazu (08-26-19), Rebelyell (08-28-19), stef (08-26-19), tudorose (08-27-19)
Old 08-28-19, 07:55 PM

Thanked 11,437 Times in 6,063 Posts
Rebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond repute

I feel that way about work n co-workers I just don't have the energy or patience for their stupid B's anymore.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rebelyell For This Useful Post:
aeon (08-30-19), stef (08-29-19), tudorose (09-13-19), TygerSan (08-29-19)
Old 08-29-19, 08:45 AM
Minecraft Mod-rater

Thanked 1,436 Times in 748 Posts
TurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to all

When you'd really like to get something done in one tab, but you feel like getting distracted by things in other tabs...
Old 08-29-19, 04:00 PM

TygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond repute

I’ve just had an absolutely crap and stressful day. I came home to destress by playing Zelda BOTW, and I’m currently stuck in a hole and can’t climb out because it’s raining in game. This about epitomizes my day.

"being lost,/ being crazy maybe/ is not so bad/ if you can be/ that way/ undisturbed."
Charles Bukowski
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TygerSan For This Useful Post:
aeon (08-30-19), Lunacie (08-29-19), namazu (08-29-19), stef (08-30-19)
Old 08-29-19, 09:00 PM
Contrapunctual Moderator

Thanked 21,388 Times in 10,789 Posts
namazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TygerSan View Post
Iíve just had an absolutely crap and stressful day. I came home to destress by playing Zelda BOTW, and Iím currently stuck in a hole and canít climb out because itís raining in game. This about epitomizes my day.
Were you at least able to avoid Person You Didn't Want to Have to Deal With? Or is that part of why it was a crap and stressful day?

Do you have any of those "anger rooms" by you? Where they give you a sledgehammer and let you loose in a room full of old TVs, watermelons, etc.? It seems like it could be cathartic (and less destructive to objects that anyone actually cares about).

Hope tomorrow goes better.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to namazu For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (08-30-19), stef (08-30-19), TygerSan (08-29-19)
Old 08-29-19, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by namazu View Post
Were you at least able to avoid Person You Didn't Want to Have to Deal With? Or is that part of why it was a crap and stressful day?

Do you have any of those "anger rooms" by you? Where they give you a sledgehammer and let you loose in a room full of old TVs, watermelons, etc.? It seems like it could be cathartic (and less destructive to objects that anyone actually cares about).

Hope tomorrow goes better.
Person I Didnít Want To Deal With was blissfully absent today after providing the first absolute WTF moment of the week on Monday. Instead, I had to deal with last minute deadline folks. I mean...I get it...I just donít like it when it makes it hard for me to do my work. Now everything of mine is just slightly off and disorganized as heck... Paper and I really donít get along.

And my lovely husband is running weekend testing my birthday weekend meaning we canít go to the event I was really excited about. Heís trying to get me to invite some of my ďgirlfriendsĒ to go with me, but that involves asking folks I havenít talked to in ages (since Iím not running in a group right now) to go do something... yeah, thatís a lot of mental energy. Plus I hate parking downtown... so, yeah, that sucks too.

Charles Bukowski
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TygerSan For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (08-30-19), namazu (08-29-19), stef (08-30-19)
Old 08-29-19, 09:19 PM

Thanked 30,751 Times in 14,141 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm having a miscarriage. Sorry if that's tmi. It's almost 2 am. I went to bed at 9.30, woke up two hours ago and now I just can't sleep. I've been planning to get more sleep for ages especially because I've been so incredibly tired. I've barely been able to keep my eyes open at work. Ironically, today I've felt better and less tired than in weeks. I had a good day at work. Maybe I should have known that something is wrong.

I'm less devastated than I thought I'd be. At least so far. But yeah, it sucks. It was very early. Five weeks and a bit. I'm trying hard not to think of it as a baby. I can't afford to be depressed for another ten years. I can't afford to be emotional about this. I feel callous. I've had good cry. Several of them but I also managed to have a good meeting ten minutes after I realised I'm bleeding. And I'm sorry. partly for being so callous, partly for potentially triggering anyone and just in general. I've always got tons to be sorry about. Its funny but I feel like constantly apologising. To everyone. Maybe it's just low self esteem. But mostly I'm sorry for trying not to emotional about this. Or maybe I'm not. Just rambling. Just putting words out there. It's one of those nights. Sorry. Mostly I wish I was younger. Even if it was just by a year. Just a few months. Anything. And I wish I wouldn't turn into a rambling, nonsensical mess every once in a while. Well you know me. Some of you do. Bear with me.

I haven't been running in ages but i really fancy a run right now. Half fancy. I'm still lazy. Still me. I wish I could sleep. Maybe now I can start taking my meds again. I don't know. I hate the anxiety and the mood swings I get every time I restart.

I just dread fuzzling being alone. With pretty much no family when she grows up. Hopefully she will make other connections and have a strong support network but considering that social skills isn't her strongest point I worry about that. I just worry anyway.

It's so hot and I'm so thirsty.ive got s bottle of water but don't fancy drinking it. Somehow I don't think it will still my thirst. Like I said nonsensical rambling.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
acdc01 (09-03-19), aeon (08-30-19), Little Missy (08-30-19), Lunacie (08-30-19), midnightstar (08-30-19), namazu (08-29-19), stef (08-30-19), tudorose (09-13-19)
Old 08-29-19, 09:26 PM

Thanked 30,751 Times in 14,141 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TygerSan View Post
Person I Didnít Want To Deal With was blissfully absent today after providing the first absolute WTF moment of the week on Monday. Instead, I had to deal with last minute deadline folks. I mean...I get it...I just donít like it when it makes it hard for me to do my work. Now everything of mine is just slightly off and disorganized as heck... Paper and I really donít get along.

And my lovely husband is running weekend testing my birthday weekend meaning we canít go to the event I was really excited about. Heís trying to get me to invite some of my ďgirlfriendsĒ to go with me, but that involves asking folks I havenít talked to in ages (since Iím not running in a group right now) to go do something... yeah, thatís a lot of mental energy. Plus I hate parking downtown... so, yeah, that sucks too.

I'm sorry tyger. I hate everything you mentioned. Especially having to contact people you haven't spoken to and difficult parking. And things not going to plan.

Can you do the event a week later or is it scheduled for a particular day? Is it a marathon? I hope you will be able to make it somehow or manage to have a nice birthday anyway. It sucks when things don't go according to plan.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
stef (08-30-19)
Old 08-30-19, 02:45 AM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 23,748 Times in 14,042 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy12 View Post
I'm having a miscarriage. Sorry if that's tmi. It's almost 2 am. I went to bed at 9.30, woke up two hours ago and now I just can't sleep. I've been planning to get more sleep for ages especially because I've been so incredibly tired. I've barely been able to keep my eyes open at work. Ironically, today I've felt better and less tired than in weeks. I had a good day at work. Maybe I should have known that something is wrong.

I'm less devastated than I thought I'd be. At least so far. But yeah, it sucks. It was very early. Five weeks and a bit. I'm trying hard not to think of it as a baby. I can't afford to be depressed for another ten years. I can't afford to be emotional about this. I feel callous. I've had good cry. Several of them but I also managed to have a good meeting ten minutes after I realised I'm bleeding. And I'm sorry. partly for being so callous, partly for potentially triggering anyone and just in general. I've always got tons to be sorry about. Its funny but I feel like constantly apologising. To everyone. Maybe it's just low self esteem. But mostly I'm sorry for trying not to emotional about this. Or maybe I'm not. Just rambling. Just putting words out there. It's one of those nights. Sorry. Mostly I wish I was younger. Even if it was just by a year. Just a few months. Anything. And I wish I wouldn't turn into a rambling, nonsensical mess every once in a while. Well you know me. Some of you do. Bear with me.

I haven't been running in ages but i really fancy a run right now. Half fancy. I'm still lazy. Still me. I wish I could sleep. Maybe now I can start taking my meds again. I don't know. I hate the anxiety and the mood swings I get every time I restart.

I just dread fuzzling being alone. With pretty much no family when she grows up. Hopefully she will make other connections and have a strong support network but considering that social skills isn't her strongest point I worry about that. I just worry anyway.

It's so hot and I'm so thirsty.ive got s bottle of water but don't fancy drinking it. Somehow I don't think it will still my thirst. Like I said nonsensical rambling.
I'm so sorry, Fuzzy
Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
Willow (3rd November 2018 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm

The Following User Says Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (08-30-19)
Old 08-30-19, 10:30 AM

Fuzzy

The Following User Says Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (08-30-19)