ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-19, 06:54 PM

Paulcrick is on a distinguished road
Iím new and have kept this hidden from everyone until now

Hello ladies and gentlemen of this group, Iím now 40 and up until the last 6 months I have been able to keep my adhd under control. But now Iíve met a beautiful lady, I have noticed myself acting strangely at times. And speaking over her when weíre talking. Finishing her sentences and closing conversations quickly. In brief;
I have Just spent the last hour doing some slight research into autism and adhd. I was basically just looking for any comparisons between the two, with behaviour and mental patterns. Well from what I found out in the short time is, how totally different they are from each other, itís stunned me as to how clos they actually are. Iím 40 now and as child I suffered with major hyperactivity, which was treated with drugs and steroids. But at the age of 3, I was reading and writing at a ten year olds level. At 5 I found the 1984 o level/gcse maths test too easy, and by the age of 6 I was given an a level maths test to try. I passed with 98.6%. I was playing Mozartís 6 symphony on the piano at 5. By 13 I taught myself to play piano, flute, guitar and saxophone. When I wasnít doing maths or problem solving The bad side of me came out. When I turned 8 I put a rope around my 5 year old brothers neck and hung him out the third floor window of our home, to lower him down. Hyperactive children are abnormally strong. Food with Colourings, preservatives, additives and dairy kicked off my bad side. It was like a light switch, I couldnít turn it off. I never could remember what I had done when I was bad. It felt like people were making it up, saying I was doing very naughty things to get me in trouble.
But, Autistic children arenít like that, they have the ability and complete mental capacity to fulfill in any area that they choose. Excelling within that area at a faster rate than anyone else twice their age. But lack interest and abilities else where. Plus they donít have the terrible anger issues that come from not doing what they love. Donít get me wrong, Iíve managed to control my adhd now. Sometimes I take myself out for a walk in the woods by myself. In the middle of nowhere and just scream. I found it to be a great release from holding back my problem.
Now Iím in deeply in love, and Iím not getting my moment to release myself. That Iíve started to get like this. Thank you for taking the time to read this, itís about time I asked for help. Before I go, to finalise this long message. About 5 years ago I dragged through custody court by my ex wife. She had somehow managed to get legal aid, but I spent out £14500. A year later and 12 court appearances, I was awarded full custody of my two boys. These past few years have been a major struggle both financially and mentally but weíve managed to get through it. The reason we split after 10 years together was because I come home from work early and found her in bed with a friend of mine. I tried to commit suicide that night. Thankfully I didnít. Glad to finally get that off my chest too. Feeling better now Iíve wrote this post,
Old 04-24-19, 04:13 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 33,115 Times in 15,360 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Iím new and have kept this hidden from everyone until now

Welcome to the forum. Are you struggling with whether you are on the autism spectrum or adhd?

I carried a watermelon?
Old 04-24-19, 12:15 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 27,050 Times in 12,624 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Iím new and have kept this hidden from everyone until now

Welcome to the forum!

Are you aware that adhd and autism often occur together?

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
Sponsored Links