ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > SCIENTIFIC DISCUSSIONS, RESEARCH, NEWS AND EVENTS > Scientific, Philosophical & Theoretical Discussions > Open Science & Philosophical Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Open Science & Philosophical Discussion This forum is for open discussion, encouraging new and unconventional ways of thinking, welcoming posts in any format

Old 01-29-19, 10:00 AM

Thanked 6,507 Times in 4,751 Posts
SB_UK has disabled reputation
A complete Solution to Disease/Disorder/Suffering

In brief - adverse stress leading to comfort eating
(& related habits).

-*-

Hello SB_UK here

I'm going to keep this short and sweet.
After 30 years of doing what you guys do and surfing from radioactive sequencing through into the world of nanopore and passing through countless academic groups, biotech and pharmaceutical corporations using the same ultra-high throughput techniques (from FRET to PHRED) - I think that a single, simple answer is about to emerge.

From a strict perspective of health (the diseases of Western living)

There are 2 metabolic biochemical states (in effect 'FED' (high GI carb + protein or the Ins/IGF-1 promoting state) and 'FASTED' states (recapitulated through a certain profile of low GI veggie and certain types of oil)).
  1. These 2 biochemical states drive 2 mutually exclusive genetic networks.
  2. The 'FED' network gives rise to growth (and internal damage through consequence of increased energy (ROS etc) expenditure).
  3. The 'FASTED' network gives rise to internal house-keeping procedures.
  4. The 'FASTED' state is (naturally) essential for health.
  5. The 'FASTED' state can't be recapitulated in 'FED' state as they're fundamentally mutually exclusive like binary 1 and 0.
  6. In the absence of awareness of these 2 genetic networks, ALL drug discovery programs (clinical trials) (testing people in the 'FED' not 'FASTED' state are off).
  7. --- example --- Imagine if TNFa (the current #1 selling drug is anti-TNFa) is essential for infectious disease clearance, tumour surveillance in 'FASTED' state ie is essential for health in the 'FASTED' state and we introduce an inhibitor for it - we're destroying our own capacity to 'clean' ourselves.

- here's a ppt to introduce myself.
I created it in a few hours and will improve it when I can.
What do you think ?

POWERPOINT SLIDE 1
http://www.addforums...pictureid=12861
POWERPOINT SLIDE 2
http://www.addforums...pictureid=12860
POWERPOINT SLIDE 3
http://www.addforums...pictureid=12859
POWERPOINT SLIDE 4
http://www.addforums...pictureid=12863
POWERPOINT SLIDE 5
http://www.addforums...pictureid=12862

So - what I'm trying to suggest is that there are 2 System-wide networks
- the FED (Insulin/IGF-1) and the FASTed (depleted glycogen, glucose, amino acid) state
- and that these represent 2 overarching networks, where the FASTed network is absolutely required for health.

What's the big idea ?
It's really simple - we can't mimic health (the FASTed state) with a drug
- because we're talking about an entire gene network being involved (and the entire gene network of FED state) being switched off.

The big idea is that there is a magic bullet to health (increased longevity) - but that it can't be arrived at through cheating.

In a very real sense the FED (fat as fuel) and FASTED (carb/protein as fuel) states are 2 evolutionary networks which must be entered into in their entirety.

So - I don't know what the ideal relationship between FED and FASTED states would be - be but am hazarding a guess that low GI veggies/MUFA or omega-3 diets (low GI and low aa) would be longevity permissive.
Should that diet be considered FED or FASTed though - it's more akin to a FAST mimic diet without Caloric restriction ?
<- fed and fasted lose their meaning a little here - we perhaps need Ins/IGF-1 and ketosis ?
I don't know whether it's necessary to engage the FED state at all (high GI / high protein).
<- personal intuition - we must eliminate the FED (Ins/IGF-1) state
I don't know whether the low GI veggie/MUFA diet would require caloric restriction or fasting on top - but I am guessing that it would.
<- personal intuition - perhaps it'd be like a monthly deep clean to accompany a more general tidy up
I don't know the ideal length of a fast (though believe that 100 hours appears to be looking good cf Valter Longo's research).
<- personal intuition - something happens on day 5 of a complete fast - have a tendency to believe in Valter Longo's assertion of 100 hrs or so.
I don't know how often this fast should be repeated.
<- personal intuition - the more the better though to monitor body fat and not to drop below a gender-defined value.
<- personal comment - what'd happen if we temporarily drop to 0% body fat - would it represent autophagy on steroids or would we break down muscle.
There might be a sweet spot we could aim for. Use of muscle for metabolism sounds like a bad idea.

I don't know the optimal form of exercise on the above lifestyle but am guessing resistance + endurance for muscle mass.
<- personal intuition - possessing muscle is a good thing - 2 types of muscle so 2 types of exercise required.

-*-

I'm going to hazard a guess that the optimal longevity supporting lifestyle will involve a low GI/low protein vegan diet with fasting and exercise involved - but that the most important part of this idea - and the point of this thread - is that there are 2 networks - where longevity arises when autophagy/apoptosis is promoted through mTOR.

-*-

I'm more or less suggesting that the take-away food (high protein, high GI) is the root of all of our problems and that a simple shift to low GI veggies and a certain type of oil will overcome human disease and promote longevity - alongside fasting + exercise.
Is there any scope for retaining the feast (on animal flesh and starch) and fast approach as opposed to the feast (on veggies and cold pressed oils) and fast ... ... I don't think so.
I don't think that any level of 'stimulant' (sugar, starch, glutamate) ingestion is in line with human health.

As you guys will know - the stimulant (present in high GI carbs and protein) is attractive. It's why we've generated fast food joints.
The question though - from a strictly biochemical perspective - is do we need high GI carbs and more than the protein content that can be obtained in plants.

So - we've data on an individual living on his own fat for ~400 days - indicating that fat is sufficient for extended periods.
eg https://www.sciencea...od-for-382-days
We've data that suggests that there's no adverse effects on eliminating sugar/starch.
eg a reference in 'protein power' by Eade and Eade

I just wonder whether all we're required to do is to see that we're desperately trying to maintain a take-away style diet with token fasting, caloric restriction and exercise thrown in - but the core problem is that we're trying to maintain a type of food intake which has no positive consequences for human health/longevity.

I'm suggesting (as I do with cigarettes and alcohol) that it's complete abstention from sugar, starch and animal protein.
But then perhaps to layer caloric restriction, fasting and exercise on top of the new base-line.

I outline an NGS study (in the link I provide above to ppt - it's the presentation drawn by hand) to answer all of these questions.
I've emailed Valter Longo and Craig Venter as well as some UK scientists with this proposal - but I don't suspect I'm going to get past their P.A.s.

The study is simply to assess decreasing/increasing genomic variation with lifestyle change.

ie to use the genome as a barometer of health.

-- Summarising --- the key part to this Introduction

• SB :-) (Systems Biology) entered our world a few years ago - as the process of generating networks.
  • I believe that there are 2 basic networks in the adult organism.
  • In effect 'growth' (denoted FED) and 'maintenance' (denoted FASTED).
  • Maintenance state is a pro-mitochondrial state in which the body clears itself of the waste products acquired through electron transport chain.
  • Harnessing oxygen is an impressive feat - but there are consequences.
  • Failure to access FASTed state and life within FED state results in damage leads to disease/premature ageing.

What I don't know is whether the VERY LOW protein and zero GI diet represents a singular state in which optimal autophagy occurs 24/7 or whether we need super charge even it through caloric restriction, dry fasting, water fasting or perhaps even fasting at 0% body fat.

I could prove all of the above (perhaps it's rubbish) given access to Pac Bio (and maybe even Illumina sequencing rigs) and my own DNA following intervention.

--- What'd be the most elegant simple to the problem ? ---

Simple low GI veggies + cold pressed vegan MUFA/PUFA ad libitum whilst climbing mountains.

I need a solution to longevity which all people can access.
Costs nothing.
Is sustainable.

All of the various silly diets (sorry Valter!) and therapeutics (sorry Craig!) won't get us there - we need the solution to healthy ageing to be out there and accessible by all people.
And the crux of it is going to be human beings seeing through why they like take-away food and shifting to a foodstuff which has no adverse health consequences from eating.

Simple hemp oil or EVOO with salad or low GI veggies.

caveat mtor
'the principle that the buyer alone is responsible for checking the quality and suitability of goods before a purchase is made'

The idea in this thread will scale to reject sugar, starch and the always high protein animal products as incompatible with health.

The idea offered in this thread is also a complete rejection of the possibility of a therapeutic agent working;
we're far too complicated.

Grab some 'omics data and try and make sense of it - there's ever so much going on in our bodies.
A drug won't make any elegant difference to a pathway which is spiralling out of control due to inadequate Qc from metabolic states (damage) being remained in and autophagy/apoptosis metabolic states being avoided.

Exceptional post by forum member Fafner55

• Little evidence supports the idea that lifespans can be increased significantly through supplementation, as summarized in the attachment.
  • The absence of demonstrated lifespan extension after decades of study of supplements and drugs is prima facie evidence that attempts to increase lifespan by modulating pro-aging biological pathways will show only marginal results. More significant benefits come instead from calorie restriction, sensescent cell clearance, and promoting stem cell health and pool replenishment, mitophagy and autophagy, i.e., “house cleaning” and repair at a cellular and organismal levels.
Yes - we can increase longevity - but it HAS to be through lifestyle profile change because of the idea in this thread of an entire gene network which is required for Qc of the cellular environment.
You cannot inhibit a little of the FED environment or promote a little of the FASTed environment - we NEED to engage the entire 'global' network.

Metabolism
glycolysis -> citric acid cycle -> mitochondrial electron transport chain

premature ageing

longevity

CR has been linked to respiratory capacity in longevity regulation in yeast, by being able to promote the shift from fermentation to respiration and hence extend CLS [17].
https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC5029608/

fermentation

respiration

We're at the level of biology that is taught to pre-teens here at least judging by the drawing I've just seen of a cell by my 11 year old child.

insulin is the most effective modulator of aging in mammals (including humans)
https://joshmitteldo...0/08/aubrey-me/

The importance of the forum and avoiding insul[arity]
http://www.addforums...pictureid=12864
from 'protein power'

High carbo and High protein

Dying for a burger ?

Fat (minus protein and carb) -- the longevity diet

As many zero GI veggies as you like
Hemp oil / Avocado / EVO oil [cold-pressed] -- simply oodles
Balsamic vinegar (apple cider vinegar alternatively) -- 1 tbsp
Mustard (w/o sugar) -- 1 tbsp
Crushed garlic cloves -- >>1 clove
Nutritional yeast -- 1 tbsp
Fresh/Dried herbs -- aplenty (particularly basil and oregano for their ORAC scores)
Briefly sauteed onions -- 3 tbsp (prebiotic)

Fermented vegetables (kimchi) -- probiotic

Soup / green smoothie (to obtain the remaining range of low GI veggies)

... ... ... with a drink - a dried anti-oxidant berry (the low GI fruit) powder sweetened with Stevia and lemon juice.

... ... is all ... ...

Given one food processor - nearly no cutting, cooking, preparation time or hassle.

--- What'd be the most elegant simple to the problem ?

Which problem ?

All problems.

(the scientific principle)

Note C8 (MCT oil component) has same kinetics (but of ketones) as amphetamine (in blood glucose elevation).
Both last over 4 hours.

Ketones ALWAYS defer to Glucose.

Ketones - are the answer.
Ketone bodies mimic the life span extending properties of caloric restriction
https://iubmb.online...0.1002/iub.1627

Currently testing C8 (fasted state) - feels good.

You cannot mimic the health promoting effects of fasting with a drug (in the fed state) - the entire genetic/biochemical network shifts to support cellular component cleansing.

However C8 can supercharge conversion.

So - what's going on ? Simple transition from ancient (glycolysis) -> modern (mitochondrial) fuel source ie glucose -> ketone body as part of the periphery (body) -> central (brain (nerve cell)) transition. The body associates with growth processes - the nerve does not replicate - but re-arranges 'on request' ... ... a process which is fast-tracked in ketosis. So - transition from growth (of body) into ketosis state in which the metabolic background is in place - to permit fast-track development of quality (that is the learning zone is entered).

C8
... ... now breathe ... ...

The oxygen free radical theory of ageing
There are difficulties inherent in taming fire.

Luckily we've a mechanism to ensure flame retardant cellular components.

There are 2 metabolic biochemical states (in effect 'FED' (high GI carb + protein or the Ins/IGF-1 promoting state) and 'FASTED' states (recapitulated through a certain profile of low GI veggie and certain types of oil)).
  1. These 2 biochemical states drive 2 mutually exclusive genetic networks.
  2. The 'FED' network gives rise to growth (and internal damage through consequence of increased energy (ROS etc) expenditure).
  3. The 'FASTED' network gives rise to internal house-keeping procedures.
  4. The 'FASTED' state is (naturally) essential for health.
  5. The 'FASTED' state can't be recapitulated in 'FED' state as they're fundamentally mutually exclusive like binary 1 and 0.
  6. In the absence of awareness of these 2 genetic networks, ALL drug discovery programs (clinical trials) (testing people in the 'FED' not 'FASTED' state are off).
  7. --- example --- Imagine if TNFa (the current #1 selling drug is anti-TNFa) is essential for infectious disease clearance, tumour surveillance in 'FASTED' state ie is essential for health in the 'FASTED' state and we introduce an inhibitor for it - we're destroying our own capacity to 'clean' ourselves.
(so easy)

Don't use the tools of molecular research to prove how broken we are - use them to illustrate (with lifestyle change) how healthy we may become.

Fundamental shift mandated switching research away from the mechanisms operating towards increasingly diseased state (the fine anatomy of a road crash) and into the mechanisms and monitoring methodology by which lifestyle modifications give rise to increased physiological robustness & resilience.

Mutational quantity/quality through NGS on the 3 human genome-types which make up man.

Nearly there ... ... ...

It should be obvious that the real solution for treating cancer and disease is not found in a man-made pill but rather is found in regulating the metabolic functions within our bodies.

link

Validated now - anti-inflammation
Note inflammation rests as a commonality in ALL common complex multifactorial diseases (of Western living)
eg https://www.health.h...eory_of_disease
- 1 tbsp MCT-C8 (tastes OK coconut overtones) followed by 1 tbsp hemp oil (flavoured with a drop of raw organic apple cider vinegar and a little nutritional yeast
-- tastes nice) - so 2 tbsp every 3-4 hours.
That's sufficient calories and it has a dramatic anti-inflammatory effect which I'm positive of now - in my hands.

What is peculiar is the remarkable time-frame ... ... so it works instantaneously - and certain foods (high GI/protein) similarly activate pain (inflammation) in a similar (almost instantaneous) time-frame.

Time-frame -- instantaneous ? Mechanism ??

As we can see - (images taken from google images) - a virtually instantaneous elevation in blood glucose / ketones - validating my observation above of instantaneous effect.

2 states FED and FASTed - this idea needs to be released.
FASTed state absolutely required for cellular internal component cleansing.
Post-prandial blood glucose levels after high GI/protein foodstuff consumption

Post-prandial ketone levels after zero GI MCT-C8 consumption

Old 01-29-19, 10:00 AM

Re: A complete Solution to Disease/Disorder/Suffering

Surely the story can not be this simple ?
Well I'm afraid so.

(ninja anonymous scientists the world around because we're not allowed to tell the truth in the world outside)

Epigenetic mechanism - thanks chaps

5hmc (the 6th nucleotide - stem cell regeneration ie rejuvenation) through alpha-ketoglutarate production (and TET activation) in FASTING state.

The citric acid cycle is slowed due to oxaloacetate use in gluconeogenesis.

alpha-ketoglutarate is freed from citric acid cycle and supports TET conversion of 5mC to 5hmC.

Terms all defined in Nature eg here

Thus, our studies not only uncover the enzymatic activity of the Tet proteins, but also demonstrate a role for Tet1 in ES cell maintenance ... ...
https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC3491567/

Note 5hmC importance in (1) ES regeneration (physical body rejuvenation) but also (2) the synapse (CNS) ie required for the 2 models of learning (understanding / quality) eg
5hmC is prevalent in embryonic stems cells and in the brain.
https://epigenie.com...lcytosine-5hmc/

I think the younguns have a phrase 'old school' to describe what follows ???
https://neoskosmos.c...ory-of-fasting/
Plato (427- 347BC), who was a disciple of Socrates, divided medicine into ‘true’ and ‘false’; the ‘true’ being that which gives health which included fasting, air and sun. But it was Hippocrates (460-357BC), the father of modern medicine, who created the Mediterranean diet and who took fasting and food out of the realm of philosophy and made them into a medical must. He said the following about fasting for a sick person – this is only a small extract: “The addition of food should be much rarer, since it is often useful to completely take it away while the patient can withstand it, until the force of the disease reaches its maturity. If the body is cleared the more you feed it the more it will be harmed. When a patient is fed too richly, the disease is fed as well … excess is against nature.
Define excess - really easy - you needz you a ketostix for objective assessment of whether you're entering the necessary FASTed state.

Ketones are your friends - as are all of the chemicals (^^ a-keoglutarate) that're freed up when we switch from the Insulin/IGF-1 model of high GI carbs/protein for soluble fibre and only a certain type of vegetable fat eg coconut MCT C8 oil, cp hemp oil, cp avocado oil.

The science is all in place.

https://epigenie.com...lcytosine-5hmc/

Plato said that he fasted for great mental
and physical
efficiency
https://neoskosmos.c...46/why-we-fast/

#23_and_Me think that it's time that people see that there's nothing of any interest in the genes - we're creatures of metabolic (body), learning (mind), social (spirit) environment appeal.

So - massive funding has poured into variations on a theme of sequencing (genome, epigenome and biome sequence generation alongside transcriptome (DNA expression analysis)).

All of these areas combine in the idea ^^ above of two gene/biochemistry networks in the cell (FED and FASTed states of growth / respiration) with lifestyle (a certain profile of food/exercise quantity and quality) - modulating all four of these key -omics disciplines.

Note - FED and FASTed have specific meanings.
So - the FASTed state requires a certain profile of a certain type of food to 'work'.

In brief though - imagine a simple shift from the typical American diet/lifestyle to the typical Mount Athos (Greek) diet/lifestyle.

Longecity Longevity data (on man)

The monks are obviously doing something right as they have been found to live an astonishing 10 years longer than the average Greek person and also tend to be slim and youthful.
https://citydesert.w...-monastic-diet/

Analysis of expired air of fasting male monks at Mount Athos
acetone
https://www.scienced...570023206000584

your breath smelling like nail polish remover in particular can indicate a state of ketosis
And now the epidemiologists are at it.

The excessive consumption of carbohydrates is related to non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) in infants and adults.
link

First the geneticists and the the epidemiologists.

I tell you - disease can be understood by realising that we've a growth and a maintenance biochemical/genetic network - and in the UK healthy ageing is our focus.
It is enabled by switching into FASTed state and remaining in it for a while to reactivate stem cells into rejuvenation.

Soooooooo easy.

Human beings only require food / shelter - both of which are contributed by ketone.

Food - as described above in FASTed state metabolism - the ketone may support most cellular systems of the body in energy.

Shelter - the ketone is the agent of mitochondrial biogenesis.

Example - ketone body operation at PVN/VMH appetite regulatiory hypothalamic nuclei - flip a switch driving SNS activity promoting brown adipose tissue (mitochondrially loaded) - (heat generation through mitochondrial uncoupling) operation.

So - we've (once again) - a FED (SNS - 'fight or flight' operation through blood glucose elevation) associated with wild blood glucose fluctuation
vs
FASTed (BAT deposition, gluconeogenesis) associated with blood glucose maintenance.

So - once again - the idea of 2 basic networks the protein/carb network and the ketone network.

Where carb and protein are the bad guys and fat is your best friend.

"As metabolic reprogramming from oxidative phosphorylation toward increased glycolysis is a hallmark of cancer cells; there is increasing evidence that the ketogenic diet may also be beneficial as an adjuvant the cancer therapy by potentiating the antitumor effect of chemotherapy and radiation treatment."
https://www.scienced...357272515000321

They know - but wouldn't be allowed to test the ketogenic diet alone.
It's really very inelegant to expose the body to the effects of chemotherapeutic poison or toxic radiation - the 'extreme' ascetic lifestyle approach will win.
It's actually fun.

Sub-zero temperature[1] first thing in the morning FASTed state runs on MCT-C8/caffeine[2].
Just what the mitochondria ordered.

[1] 'Cold exposure promoted a significant increase of PGC-1alpha' 'which promotes mitochondrial biogenesis'
https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/15165993
[2] 'Caffeine intake increases plasma ketones'
https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/28177691

Is the FED state actually required ?
What if we were to remain in the FASTed (vegan ketosis) state ?
Seems like it's the right thing to do.

Do we need to accompany FASTed state with periods of caloric restriction and extended periods of fasting ?
Don't yet know - but would have thought not - especially if our FASTed state is low protein and we're exercising (resistance + endurance) hard.

Note though that fasting is easier when in ketosis - so very easily managed.

How do we define the optimal regime ?

See hand-written project plan in post#1 (link to seqanswers forum) ie NGS assessment by regime of mutational 'quantity and quality' diversity in the '3 genomes of man'.

DNA variability becomes the readout - not any attempt to place mechanism on variability.

This is VERY easy.

We change medicine from failing to cure problems into defining how to make human beings as fit as possible.
With a readout !!

We need a readout - just 1 number.
How elegant is that ?

Clinical medicine can be eliminated and Pre-clinical medicine comes into its own.

Source - google
"Hepatitis C viraemia is carbohydrate-dependent because the virus piggy-backs on triglyceride assembly and VLDL exocytosis. This makes a very low carbohydrate diet an effective way to control HCV viraemia ..."
We can arrive at every aspect of human health by understanding post#1.

RANK 2 Ledipasvir/sofosbuvir Harvoni Small molecule Hepatitis C Gilead Sciences 13,864 (USD millions/year)
https://en.wikipedia...utical_products

The pharmaceutical industry (parasitizing poor people) is now in disarray - Incredible stuff.

post#1
--- example --- Imagine if TNFa (the current #1 selling drug is anti-TNFa) is essential for infectious disease clearance, tumour surveillance in 'FASTED' state ie is essential for health in the 'FASTED' state and we introduce an inhibitor for it - we're destroying our own capacity to 'clean' ourselves.
Imagine if the current #2 selling disease could be prevented by lifestyle change also.

From auto-immune to infectious disease - from cancer to unhealthy ageing - from allergy to acne - all wiped out by understanding the idea as represented in post#1.

HCV -> LDLR entry -> shift to vegan ketosis (zero cholesterol / zero sat fat as described above) -> HCV cellular entry barred

Solution to mental, physical (brain/body), genetic and infectious diseases

--- In order ---
Education confers morality/wisdom -> leads to -> Elimination of distress globally (mental, physical, spiritual) -> leads to -> Appetite preference change (ie no need for comfort food) + Clean hygienic communities worldwide -> leads to -> Metabolic shift (to fat/ketone) -> leads to -> reactivation of host immune system particularly through stem cell reactivation -> leads to -> not only disease prevention - but ever happier (as the learning paradigm is embraced) people.

Recent news
Antibiotics eliminate senescent cells associated with ageing
link

However (older news)
Longevity, aging and rapamycin
https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC4207939/

So 2 macrolide antibiotics -> positive effects on human ageing.
The hypothesis whereby infectious diseases have been acting as a powerful selective pressure was formulated long ago ... ...

Standard human genetics textbooks eg Vogel and Motulsky

So ... ... ... let's simplify

2 methods of energy generation - sugar and fat
sugar (ancient) <- not required for human beings to live
fat (modern) <- required for human beings to live -> can regenerate sugar through gluconeogenesis

What's the most logical method for the human genome to develop ?
To cut off the energy supply to infectious diseases.

And there you have it ... ... a simple shift in lifestyle particularly diet into fasting, low levels of low GI raw organic veggies + cold-pressed omega-3, MUFA amd C8-MCT oil (not really more-ish) ... ... and we destroy all diseases of Western living and all diseases (infectious disease) of poverty.

The solution is simply a very specific type of fat (with a very specific type of raw vegan accompaniment).
Exercise, caloric restriction, fasting, ketosis state maintenance (as above), cold exposure, distress alleviation (to generate the learning zone) --> optimal health.

calorie restriction, fasting, ketosis -> apoptosis, autophagy, stem cell reactivation (see eg Valter Longo for stem cell reactivation UCSC and David Rubinsztein for importance autophagy UC)
exercise, cold exposure --> mitochondrial biogenesis (its 2 key functions) (see eg Bruce McEwen Rockefeller for mitochondrial biogenesis)
distress alleviation --> avoid cortisol - blood glucose spikes (ketosis can't operate under elevated blood glucose levels)

This should all be obvious though.

Really - did anybody here who has a deep relationship with medical research ever think that a rather dim-witted or even a laser sharp chemical entity ie blunderbuss or silver bullet could alter a deeply interconnected system like our biochemistry / genetics.

You can't throw a stone into a specific point in a lake without expecting the ripple to disturb every point on the lake's surface.

What's the take-home message ?

The human genome evolved.
The human genome evolved in an adverse environment where the 'animal' kingdom thrives on carbs (the ancient foodstuff).

Human beings (to distance ourselves from infection) gained the capacity to use fat at the point of prokaryotic to eukaryotic transition and the acquisition of mitochondria).

Fat in itself has some extremely strong connections to the immune response - if we look at bacterial L(ipo)PS - or the inflammatory consequences of omega-6 and saturated fatty acids which're elevated in people with the average Western diet of burgers and chips.
Omega-6 (arachidonic acid) generates eicosanoid -> inflammatory response -> underlies all diseases of Western living.

So - fat turned from 'weapon' and as we're accustomed to in bacteria acquiring antibiotic resistance plasmids - the human genome embraced and turned fat from offence into defence.

So - the impregnable defence to human beings is the ketosis state acquired in a certain way (sat fat is highly inflammatory) - and if we maintain that model for individual/collective lifestyle - then we'll all be fine.

The key point - see post 1 in this thread - is that there's no mechanism of 'having our cake and eating it' - because the Ins/IGF-1 state and ketosis state are 2 genome-wide networks which aren't compatible.

That is - that we need to switch between 2 holistic networks - and can't copy (using drug or drugs) - the positive effects of FASTing in eg FED state - cf reservatrol and mTOR inhibition when we're activating mTOR through

eg reservatrol --> [-] mTOR
Resveratrol induces autophagy by directly inhibiting mTOR
https://www.nature.c...icles/srep21772

Ins/IGF-1 --> [+] mTOR
The insulin/insulin-like growth factor (IGF) signaling pathway to mTOR
https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC1951771/

You can't have your cake and eat it -> [+] mTOR takes priority over [-] mTOR or in simple English stuffing your face with cream buns knocks you out of ketosis.

So - the problem we have - is how do we change a species from unhealthy -> healthy lifestyle.

Simple - realise that as soon as the human mind is developed that it will do the right thing.

First - realise that the human mind is designed to embrace morality. That with morality wisdom is acquired.
That as morality/wisdom levels increase that free will grows until at state wisdom - when free will is acquired.
Free will definition -- the mind gains control over the individual - the thinking mind controls the individual - the individual is no longer susceptible to temptation (eg cream buns).
The human mind realises that it'll fuel its own disease if it eats in a certain way.

Aversion to Ins/IGF-1 promoting lifestyle -> embrace mitochondrial biogenesis and improvements in aerobic respiration - most notably HIIT -- lovely lovely exercising mechanism.

Now ... ... correction of all genomes (see my research proposal in this thread) -> reduction of heart rate (effects of HIIT - love to do this experiment also) ... ... ... and so as we're on the clock ie we are timed to expire (give or take) after a certain number of heart beats ... ...we extend our life but more importantly our quality of life.

Who wants life ? if you're destined to be diseased for the entire period - from asthma/ADHD at first mind through obesity, RA, T2D, cancer and Alzheimer's ... ... time to kill off the idiocy - and it all starts with a simple realization of what the mind was 'designed' for -- note word design due to the autonomous process of evolution - a pattern which evolution is required to adhere to - which is consistent with the ideas of science and religion.

go NAD+

Nature and Science Journal agree to agree :-)

https://www.nature.c...467-017-00707-0

http://science.scien...t/350/6265/1208

Take home message -- ketosis all the way.

Human beings have killed themselves through electing for the wrong metabolic profile/lifestyle

Vegan ketosis (natural foods - not oxidzed fatty acids) + Exercise + Fasting

Suppression of oxidative stress by β-hydroxybutyrate, an endogenous histone deacetylase inhibitor

+

Silencing histone deacetylase-specific isoforms enhances expression of pluripotency genes in bovine fibroblasts

->

The roles of the reprogramming factors Oct4, Sox2 and Klf4 in resetting the somatic cell epigenome during induced pluripotent stem cell generation

->

Differentiation

eg here

https://resources.rn...rnd-systems.png

then required (Insulin/IGF-1) through differentiation factors.

--- Solution to all diseases ---

So ... ... the solution comes in at prolonged vegan ketosis lifestyle with occasional blow out ... ... didn't have that last bit down.

The complete solution

Simplified version of the post above - ALL human diseases may be reversed through simple realization that we've 2 whole biochemical/genetic pathways - and that we need reside in 'FASTed' natural vegan ketosis lifestyle with occasional 'feast' as a means of ensuring de-differentiation and then differentiation of the human cellome ie the regeneration of man.

Note - the natural raw organic vegan ketosis lifestyle must be involved - as anything other than C8/C10 fatty acid drives inflammation - and omega-6 must not be allowed to be oxidized (42 is the max temp for heating raw vegan food) - all forms of exercise positively encouraged - and lots of lovely lovely lovely fasting. And last and certainly not least - all forms of psychological distress (ie a need to flatten society globally (See 'The Whitehall Study')) must be embraced - because of the effects of stress -> cortisol / adrenaline through the neuro-endocrine axis on blood glucose level perturbation and interference with FASTed (the new norm) state maintenance.
Improvement in wording

Suppression of oxidative stress by (ketone/ketosis state) β-hydroxybutyrate, an endogenous histone deacetylase inhibitor

+

Silencing histone deacetylase-specific isoforms enhances expression of pluripotency genes (Oct4, Sox2 & Nanog) in bovine fibroblasts

->-

The roles of the reprogramming factors Oct4, Sox2 and Klf4 in resetting the somatic cell epigenome (De-Differentiation) during induced pluripotent stem cell generation

->-

following de-differentiation priming need expansion/differentiation ie human renewal

eg as shown here

-->>-- Insulin/IGF-1 required (to promote expression of differentiation factors).

expansion --> Insulin
differentiation --> IGF-1

5:2

5 (FASTed metabolic profile) : 2 (FED metabolic profile)

-1- The Meaning of Life, The Universe and Everything

-2- is... ... ...

-3- post 42

42oC

Prevent protein denaturation
Prevent (Poly)unsaturated fatty acid oxidation
- toxic by-products produced otherwise
- hence need to cold-press vegan oils (particularly the PUFA-rich oils)

The meaning of life is to survive HAPPILY.
Requiring definition of what 'happy' means.
Happiness - to man - is to learn (to love learning) to be better at some neocortical (higher) attribute - the improvement which occurs when we're lost in what we love - from surfing through writing ... into ... climbing and gardening.

[1] "The universal focus on acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS) has stimulated new research on slow viruses."
[2] "Infection of T cells by HIV-1 requires cell activation and exit from the quiescent, G0 stage of the cell cycle."
[3] "Ketogenesis Is Accompanied by an Arrest in Proliferation (increased the percentage of quiescent cells (G0/G1 phase))."

[1] https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC1141173/
[2] https://www.scienced...960982202006760
[3] https://www.frontier...2016.00005/full

Combine with the post on Hepatitis C above (the consequences of ketogenesis on downregulating LDL-R [5])
[4] https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/16424116
[5] https://f6publishing...0-3457-g001.jpg

Science magazine is now on board.

http://science.scien...ontent/362/6416

--- Summarising ---
1.Optimizing the diet - vegan ketosis lifestyle (Occasional carb re-feed - stem cell -differentiation)
2.Dietary fat - cold-pressed vegan omega-3,MCT. MUFA
3.A time to fast - 100 hours (See Longo and cell DEdifferentiation (into stem cell))
4.Gut microbiome - improved in fasting, prebiotic and probiotic ie vegan ketosis
5.Swifter, higher, stronger - 4 x exercise (stretch, endurance, resistance, HIIT) - reduce heart rate, increase flexibility, increase muscle mass, increase mitochondrial count

Disease is not found in 'your genes' and there will be NO medication that works - health is represented by a global biochemical/genetic network which we may call 'FASTed' state - however represents the body in the absence of Insulin/IGF-1 promoting foods ie fast mobilized carb/protein. The FED state may be considered a light switch in OFF position and FASTed state a light switch in ON position - when the light switch is OFF - we can't use a drug to mimic ON - it's impossible.
Old 01-29-19, 10:02 AM

In brief - adverse stress leading to comfort eating (& related habits).
Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-19, 11:45 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 27,000 Times in 12,600 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Are you saying that our diets cause our disorder (ADHD)?

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following User Says Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
SB_UK (01-29-19)
Old 01-29-19, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunacie View Post
Are you saying that our diets cause our disorder (ADHD)?
Old 01-29-19, 11:59 AM

Nothing wrong with ADDers as long as we're not told to do something that we do not want to do -> adverse stress ... ... ...
The Following User Says Thank You to SB_UK For This Useful Post:
tudorose (01-30-19)
Old 01-30-19, 12:50 AM

Thanked 5,606 Times in 2,420 Posts
tudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB_UK View Post
Nothing wrong with ADDers as long as we're not told to do something that we do not want to do -> adverse stress ... ... ...
Hi SB. I've missed your posts even if I struggle to be able to read them.

Yes a deficit only coz we have to live in this world (in this time).

Keto works best for me in conjunction with high intensity exercise of around 6 to 8 hours a day. I can survive on 1 meal a day easy then. But not when I am at work because of morale reasons.

It is the answer (keto). The tide is turning. Soon this will become mainstream.
SB_UK (01-30-19)
Old 01-30-19, 03:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tudorose View Post

Keto works best for me in conjunction with high intensity exercise of around 6 to 8 hours a day. I can survive on 1 meal a day easy then. But not when I am at work because of morale reasons.

Yes - I've released to the community that keto (eg) cures asthma TOTALLY.
Haven't had a cold since converting either.
tudorose (01-30-19)
Old 01-30-19, 03:32 AM

Quote:

Good to see you've stuck the forum out. Not many of us from way back then left. I think that you were on my original threads in 2004 ?
tudorose (01-30-19)
Old 01-30-19, 03:52 AM

We've reached an end-point now on mechanism/solution to AD(H)D - ever so simple - our mind defines what it'd like to pay attention to and it's interested in everything. Establishment teaching/research is administrative in nature - not creative. Could not pay attention to it because the desired outcome - happy, shiny people was not being worked towards. You would not believe what medical research has become - just an exercise in collecting and forever re-analysis of a large dataset. Disastrous stuff. A favourite Nobel prize winner - Sydney Brenner did tell us that the genome wasn't worth the effort - and he was right. We could have worked up the solution without studying any organism with nervous system - placing focus single cell operation. Anyway - we have all of the tools now - best to take the idea to completion.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29363766

Last edited by SB_UK; 01-30-19 at 04:09 AM..
Old 01-30-19, 04:10 AM

So - the end-point ... ... all components of the cell are cared for under a model of autophagy (the FASTed or ketosis state) - preventing problems from occurring in the first place. Ketosis shifts us from 'growth' to neural re-arrangment (learning) state - and gives rise to human beings (our actual definition) learning (throughout life) -- to be better.
Old 01-30-19, 05:47 AM

Here we have some atoning to do - since contributing Sanger and Illumina sequencing (which has sent the world off on a wild goose chase) - we're having to reinstate sense with research such as this.

Quote:
"... ... autophagy failure is considered as the primary underlying disease pathology. In most neurodegenerative diseases, including ALS, PD, AD, and the polyQ diseases, the accumulation of misfolded proteins is a common pathological hallmark."
Keywords: autophagy, neurodegenerative disease, Alzheimer disease, tauopathy, Parkinson disease, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, polyglutamine disease

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5972210/

--- Noting ---
"The monks follow a simple system - they “fast” three days a week."
(See Valter Longo's FMD)
where
"Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s are extremely rare."

https://www.healthista.com/greek-mon...womens-health/

-*-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane

My Life with Stephen reveals, as his full-time cook and caretaker for twenty five years, that in the early 70's they discovered his ALS disease-related choking issues would be reduced greatly if he ate gluten- and sugar-free. A meal strategy that continued, as she revealed that once a banquet in his honor had not been planned with his input, and "all he could eat was the salmon." If a low carb approach is a factor in keeping him alive... that's awfully big to ignore.

Insulin/IGF1 system (stimulant foods - high glutamate / high glycaemic index) -> Target of Rapamycin (ketosis)

IIS -> ToR

{{{Game Over}}}}

Time to move on

We are in fact what we eat - either 'rubbish' or quality.
tudorose (01-30-19)
Old 01-30-19, 05:51 AM

Thanked 5,606 Times in 2,420 Posts
tudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB_UK View Post
Good to see you've stuck the forum out. Not many of us from way back then left. I think that you were on my original threads in 2004 ?
Yep and also on the journey to figuring it all out. My thoughts just not articulated scientifically and the impetus was seeking answer to chronic pain and in the process figured out that there is no cure, no fix no magic pill for ADHD but acceptance, understanding, a safe environment and a keto diet.
SB_UK (01-30-19)
Old 01-30-19, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Yep and also on the journey to figuring it all out. My thoughts just not articulated scientifically and the impetus was seeking answer to chronic pain and in the process figured out that there is no cure, no fix no magic pill for ADHD but acceptance, understanding, a safe environment and a keto diet.

Perfect
Quote:
-- acceptance, understanding, a safe environment and a keto diet.
Acceptance with Understanding - actually better than acceptance - more relief at having a mind which can not pay attention to pursuits without true/actual learning potential ... ...

The safe environment is VERY hard to achieve - I can't concentrate on anything that my mind is not interested in - a pre-requisite for the workplace. You have to do what you're told to earn money.
tudorose (01-30-19)
Old 01-30-19, 06:53 AM

==

Quote:
Originally Posted by tudorose
a safe environment ->supporting-> a keto diet.

Perfect.

tudorose (01-30-19)