ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Old 02-18-19, 04:41 PM

Waingro is on a distinguished road
Adderall Day One

Hi everyone, I just joined and have a few questions. I was on 5mg Ritalin which I took 2-3 times a day since March of 2018 for ADHD. I was really irritable, aggressive, all over the place because I was so hyper and it made me really feel like drinking after a tough day in the office which I did way too often.

I was prescribed 5mg Adderall and this is my first day. I feel really calm with a more positive attitude and I don't feel like hitting the bar later which will save me a ton of money. Problem is I'm feeling light-headed and not able to concentrate. It's been difficult to write this due to the fact that I feel brain-tired or spaced-out if you will.

I know it's the first day. I took two in the morning with breakfast and one at lunch. I really hope this passes because at the moment I have no desire to do much of anything in the office. I don't feel very alert so might take Uber home.

Any advice is appreciated.
Old 02-19-19, 06:24 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 33,083 Times in 15,343 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Adderall Day One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waingro View Post
I was prescribed 5mg Adderall and this is my first day. I feel really calm with a more positive attitude and I don't feel like hitting the bar later which will save me a ton of money. Problem is I'm feeling light-headed and not able to concentrate. It's been difficult to write this due to the fact that I feel brain-tired or spaced-out if you will.
How is your hydration? Adderall can dehydrate you and I have found that it can actually take away my desire to drink enough so its a double edge sword. I have to force myself to drink more and I always seem to be on the losing end of things. The other important and overlooked thing can be sleep. What is your sleep routine like? People sometimes think because adderall is a stimulant that it would actually make it easier for the nights where you have poor sleep but I have found the opposite to be true. The days that I have had bad sleep are the days my adderall seems to work the worst.
Quote:
I know it's the first day. I took two in the morning with breakfast and one at lunch. I really hope this passes because at the moment I have no desire to do much of anything in the office. I don't feel very alert so might take Uber home.

Any advice is appreciated.
what is your prescribed dose? I used to take adderall ir along with my xr and I tried to get used to it but the ir just isn't for me. Alot of people downplay the importance of the way adderall is delivered. I do have absorption issues that probably contributed to the way the two meds worked in my but adderall xr is very good for me and the ir wasn't. With the IR i felt like I got slammed and I either experienced uncomfortable periods of intense focus or it was like I didnt have any focus. I felt like it hit me all at once verses and even distribution. Because of the absorption issues the xr only lasts as long as an ir would which means I take it multiple times a day but I would be doing that anyway with the ir. Ir is supposed to last about 4 hours and xr 6. Ir lasted me 2 hours and xr lasts me about 4.

I carried a watermelon?
The Following User Says Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
Waingro (02-19-19)
Old 02-19-19, 11:33 AM

Waingro is on a distinguished road
Re: Adderall Day One

I drink tons of water/vitamin water a day. Ritalin I think was worse regarding dehydration & dry mouth. I was constantly chewing gum and when I drank too much alcohol I was accidentally spitting on everyone (oops, sorry guys). Thus far I have no desire to drink on Adderall; Ritalin I was drinking heavily every other day and it was becoming a real problem because my tolerance was through the roof and I acted like a complete jack-wagon especially drinking the hard stuff. I’m prescribed Klonopin at night which I shouldn’t have gone on because I’m now addicted. I don’t abuse it but if I miss a few days I’m climbing the walls so gradually trying to ween myself off.

I’m prescribed 5mg XR up to four times a day which was the same for my Ritalin. I take one or two at 5:30am before I work out. Then one in the office with breakfast and the last during lunch. I believe the problem was I took four of the Adderall’s in one day and it was a shock to the system. My doctor said to stick with it and cut the dosage down to half. Today I had a great workout, I’m feeling calm, positive, non-anxious and thus far no desire to drink. My head still feels a bit fuzzy but not as intense as yesterday so I think by weeks end it should pass. Thanks for the response and I’ll post updates on occasion.
Sponsored Links