ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Old 02-05-19, 03:39 PM
Jr Member

Steve1111 is on a distinguished road
Pharmacy Had To Backorder Adderall

Anyways, the pharmacy recently had to backorder Adderall, and the person at the pharmacy was saying that she thought that it was "something with the manufacturer" and this would be the case at other pharmacies as well. However, she said that I could "try to" get the doctor to phone in my prescription elsewhere. I was wondering if anyone else has been dealing with this.

The specific medication is Adderall XR 10mg generic. Is it likely that the medication is out of stock at other pharmacies as well? Because other times that this has happened, switching pharmacies did work. Also, if I did simply wait for the backorder how long would it be likely to take?
The Following User Says Thank You to Steve1111 For This Useful Post:
fredonian (03-08-19)
Old 02-07-19, 03:55 PM
Jr Member

Royce1013 is on a distinguished road
Re: Pharmacy Had To Backorder Adderall

Where are you located? I have been waiting three days in DC for 20mg IR. I came here looking to see if this was a local or national problem.
Old 02-08-19, 01:52 PM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 33,082 Times in 15,343 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

So far I havent had any issues with the 20mg xr.

I carried a watermelon?
Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-19, 05:24 PM

anjigirl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve1111 View Post
Anyways, the pharmacy recently had to backorder Adderall, and the person at the pharmacy was saying that she thought that it was "something with the manufacturer" and this would be the case at other pharmacies as well. However, she said that I could "try to" get the doctor to phone in my prescription elsewhere. I was wondering if anyone else has been dealing with this.

The specific medication is Adderall XR 10mg generic. Is it likely that the medication is out of stock at other pharmacies as well? Because other times that this has happened, switching pharmacies did work. Also, if I did simply wait for the backorder how long would it be likely to take?
It depends on the Generic mfg they order from. I currently have this problem with Generic 20mg IR in the TEVA brand. Everyone around who carries the TEVA is on backorder. I know the Aurobindo brand that CVS carries gives me chest pressure and heart palpitations but the TEVA does not. I am going to give Northstar (prev SunPharm) a try this month but hopefully they will have my regular ones back in stock next month.
The Following User Says Thank You to anjigirl For This Useful Post:
LeighWolf (02-10-19)
Old 02-10-19, 11:53 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 11,398 Times in 5,569 Posts
daveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond repute

cvs has been out of there brand 3 months in row

giant eagle has had a different one in stock
Old 02-10-19, 12:40 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,609 Times in 886 Posts
finallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond repute

The FDA websight has information on drug shortages.

https://www.fda.gov/Drugs/DrugSafety...es/default.htm
Shame derives it's power from being unspeakable.
Shame corrodes the very part of us that believes we are capable of change.
Shame cannot survive being spoken. It can't survive empathy.

Old 02-10-19, 03:21 PM

LeighWolf is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjigirl View Post
It depends on the Generic mfg they order from. I currently have this problem with Generic 20mg IR in the TEVA brand. Everyone around who carries the TEVA is on backorder. I know the Aurobindo brand that CVS carries gives me chest pressure and heart palpitations but the TEVA does not. I am going to give Northstar (prev SunPharm) a try this month but hopefully they will have my regular ones back in stock next month.
Right, and apparently contracts pharmacies have with manufacturers have been problematic too. If a company increased the price and the pharmacy can't stock without losing money, they have to find another manufacturer or just stop supplying the med. Infuriating.
Old 02-11-19, 05:19 AM

Theo_43 is on a distinguished road

I've taken Teva brand IR 20 mg. for 20 years. My current pharmacy told me they are backordered from the manufacturer, with a potential fill date of mid march. Another pharmacy told me the same, and said in the past (presumably with other drugs) they would wait until mid march and expect their order, only to find it had now switched to mid-may. Translation: Don't hold your breath.

Background: CVS carried Teva brand for decades. Then a year or so ago, they stopped. I was screwed for a while, as I have been unable to find another generic that works. I switched to Walmart which carried it, and at that time told me they were amazed that there was a huge recent spike in brand demand- probably all the former CVS customers. The generic core Pharma (now called Epic) and Mylan brands are completely worthless for me- like taking nothing.

I'm trying Sandoz for the first time. (Might be a long month!)
Old 02-15-19, 09:11 PM
ADDvanced Member

BlackWarrior is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo_43 View Post
I've taken Teva brand IR 20 mg. for 20 years. My current pharmacy told me they are backordered from the manufacturer, with a potential fill date of mid march. Another pharmacy told me the same, and said in the past (presumably with other drugs) they would wait until mid march and expect their order, only to find it had now switched to mid-may. Translation: Don't hold your breath.

Background: CVS carried Teva brand for decades. Then a year or so ago, they stopped. I was screwed for a while, as I have been unable to find another generic that works. I switched to Walmart which carried it, and at that time told me they were amazed that there was a huge recent spike in brand demand- probably all the former CVS customers. The generic core Pharma (now called Epic) and Mylan brands are completely worthless for me- like taking nothing.

Where did you find these other generics? I filled my prescription a few days ago with Teva 20s from Walgreens with no problem.
Old 02-15-19, 11:42 PM

Kewell35 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo_43 View Post

How is the Sandoz working out for you?