ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Old 04-05-10, 04:53 AM
ADDvanced Member

liveandletdie is on a distinguished road
Has anyone had a better side effect profile with adderal than with dexedrine?

Adderall is the only add medication I haven't tried. (cept desoxyn- not covered by my insurance)

I want to try it to see if it will work any better than my current dexedrine tabs(first month of tablets- was on spansules for a couple months)

Most things I read seem to say adderal side effects are more often/severe than dexedrine.

Dexedrine hasn't been the major change I was hoping it would be- little less scatter brained...but not a whole lot different..

One thing that has been better with dexedrine is the side effect profile as compared to strattera or ritalin.

My only hesitency in switching to adderal is the supposed increase in side effects.

How has adderall been better for you then dexedrine?
What side effects do you get on dexedrine that you dont get on adderal?

Also...my doctor got mad at me when I asked to switch and said I didn't haveing to a good enough reason to switch and that adderal wouldn't be any different. So..trying to get enough support to convince my doctor to allow me to switch atleast for a month to see if it works any better than dexedrine.
Old 04-05-10, 05:44 AM
Contributor

CalmTheChaos has a spectacular aura aboutCalmTheChaos has a spectacular aura about
Re: Has anyone had a better side effect profile with adderal than with dexedrine?

Dex is a major component of Adderall, but Adderall also contains other amp isomers.

Because of this, Adderall has all the side effects of Dex, plus some additional side effects.

I highly doubt you'll find a case where somebody had more side effects on Dex alone.

But, some people do respond better to the PNS stimulation of the L-Amp in Adderall than they do to D-Amp alone.