ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-10, 02:52 PM

Victoria11 is on a distinguished road
Sometimes You JUST HAVE to laugh

I have adhd. Even on meds, some days are still a stuggle depending on what I am doing. But sometimes I do something, that is so rediculous (but no one got hurt), that I have to laugh at myself.

I stole from the bank...

Recently I took our deposit for work to the bank. I was in the drive-thru lane. I took the receipt out of the capsule, got distracted by my phone ringing, so decided to pull ahead so the next car could pull up, then I just preceded to drive off!! I got 1/2 mile down the road before I realized that the capsule was still in my car. AWKWARD is all i can say when I had to turn around and return it. Guess I can say that I did steal from the bank. Just happy no mug shot was involved!!!!!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Victoria11 For This Useful Post:
βĩο₱Ħعℓĩ (11-02-10), amathome (11-02-10), avjgirsijdhtjhs (11-01-10), DarkShadow (11-02-10), Impetus (11-02-10), String (11-01-10)
Old 11-01-10, 03:35 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

String has much to be proud ofString has much to be proud ofString has much to be proud ofString has much to be proud ofString has much to be proud ofString has much to be proud ofString has much to be proud ofString has much to be proud ofString has much to be proud of
Re: Sometimes You JUST HAVE to laugh

I've done that. Only once. So far.
The Following User Says Thank You to String For This Useful Post:
ADHDTigger (11-02-10)
Old 11-01-10, 04:15 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,373 Times in 901 Posts
avjgirsijdhtjhs has a reputation beyond reputeavjgirsijdhtjhs has a reputation beyond reputeavjgirsijdhtjhs has a reputation beyond reputeavjgirsijdhtjhs has a reputation beyond reputeavjgirsijdhtjhs has a reputation beyond reputeavjgirsijdhtjhs has a reputation beyond reputeavjgirsijdhtjhs has a reputation beyond reputeavjgirsijdhtjhs has a reputation beyond reputeavjgirsijdhtjhs has a reputation beyond reputeavjgirsijdhtjhs has a reputation beyond reputeavjgirsijdhtjhs has a reputation beyond repute
Old 11-01-10, 04:28 PM

avjgirsijdhtjhs has a reputation beyond reputeavjgirsijdhtjhs has a reputation beyond reputeavjgirsijdhtjhs has a reputation beyond reputeavjgirsijdhtjhs has a reputation beyond reputeavjgirsijdhtjhs has a reputation beyond reputeavjgirsijdhtjhs has a reputation beyond reputeavjgirsijdhtjhs has a reputation beyond reputeavjgirsijdhtjhs has a reputation beyond reputeavjgirsijdhtjhs has a reputation beyond reputeavjgirsijdhtjhs has a reputation beyond reputeavjgirsijdhtjhs has a reputation beyond repute
empathy

They call me the "man of steal".

they do
Old 11-01-10, 07:49 PM

doggie_love is on a distinguished road

I once deposited a billing statement from the electric company into the atm thinking it was my paycheck. The bank froze my account. I have also payed for gas and drove off without pumping it on numerous occasions. Another thing I frequently do is pass my exit on the way home.
Most recently I had my i pod on shuffle, and a belly dance music came on, so I started dancing. I ended up two cities away. That one made me laugh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoria11 View Post
I have adhd. Even on meds, some days are still a stuggle depending on what I am doing. But sometimes I do something, that is so rediculous (but no one got hurt), that I have to laugh at myself.

I stole from the bank...

Recently I took our deposit for work to the bank. I was in the drive-thru lane. I took the receipt out of the capsule, got distracted by my phone ringing, so decided to pull ahead so the next car could pull up, then I just preceded to drive off!! I got 1/2 mile down the road before I realized that the capsule was still in my car. AWKWARD is all i can say when I had to turn around and return it. Guess I can say that I did steal from the bank. Just happy no mug shot was involved!!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to doggie_love For This Useful Post:
avjgirsijdhtjhs (11-02-10)
Old 11-01-10, 07:59 PM

Thanked 2,097 Times in 1,196 Posts
StoicNate has a brilliant futureStoicNate has a brilliant futureStoicNate has a brilliant futureStoicNate has a brilliant futureStoicNate has a brilliant futureStoicNate has a brilliant futureStoicNate has a brilliant futureStoicNate has a brilliant futureStoicNate has a brilliant futureStoicNate has a brilliant futureStoicNate has a brilliant future

I never used a capsule bank depositing system before.
They sound fun though.

Dx: Adhd Combined type, Asperger's Syndrome, Mathematics Disability (10/4/10)..Panic Disorder, Atypical Depression, Agoraphobia, paranoia.
Rx: Dexedrine IR 2.5-5 mg PRN (starting on 1/21/12).
Past meds: Namenda, Focalin IR, Ritalin IR, Adderall IR, D-Amp IR, Nicotine/Swedish Snus.
Boycott Teva/Barr, CorePharma, Mallinckrodt (Methylin)

REST IN PEACE
Old 11-01-10, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggie_love View Post
I have also payed for gas and drove off without pumping it on numerous occasions.
Old 11-01-10, 08:34 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

Delboy31 is just really niceDelboy31 is just really niceDelboy31 is just really niceDelboy31 is just really nice

I have never done that, but I have forgotten my debit card in the bank machine several times. And once, I lost it in my house turned everything upside down, couldn't find it, so I had to order another one again!!
Old 11-01-10, 08:45 PM

Victoria11 is on a distinguished road
Arrow Re: Sometimes You JUST HAVE to laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by avjgirsijdhtjhs View Post
Ok, I'll take the finger snap, JUST don't yell at me, I get real emotional
Old 11-01-10, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoria11 View Post
Ok, I'll take the finger snap, JUST don't yell at me, I get real emotional
I was Joe King (). \

I figure you know this though - I see the
Old 11-01-10, 11:58 PM

Thanked 7,911 Times in 4,072 Posts
fracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond repute

I've once (or more than once) left a shop with an item without paying for it. Then I have to try to convince the security I forgot I was still holding onto it.
Old 11-02-10, 12:43 AM
Contributor

emma13 is a glorious beacon of lightemma13 is a glorious beacon of lightemma13 is a glorious beacon of lightemma13 is a glorious beacon of lightemma13 is a glorious beacon of light

i left a supermarket carrying the shopping basket and walked towards home with it before i realized people were looking at me in a strange way...than i realized why
Old 11-02-10, 04:32 AM

Thanked 27,484 Times in 13,304 Posts
stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute

yesterday was a holiday here - I made a super list of things to do; as I had accomplished some errands already I thought I would enjoy a coffee and update my list.
well I must have left it in the café. nuts. Then late afternoon I was like "well I guess I can't do much more, I lost my list."
did not occur to me, to write another one! LOL
The Following User Says Thank You to stef For This Useful Post:
ADHDTigger (11-02-10)
Old 11-02-10, 05:59 AM

Dogsquat has a spectacular aura aboutDogsquat has a spectacular aura about

I used to be a landscaper. Just about the only fun part of that job was plowing snow in the winter (and that wasn't fun after 20 hours in the truck, either).

One night I was getting gas in the middle of a pretty good snowstorm. I got out of the truck, zipped the company credit card in the pump, and started putting gas in the truck. I needed more coffee and Copenhagen (I would dig a hole to China if I got paid in coffee and Copenhagen), so I went into the store while the gas ran. While in the store, I got a phone call from my boss. We were chatting about where to send the crews next, and if we could meet up to exchange some tools, etc. I paid up, went out to the truck, put some more wiper fluid in, and took off for my next job site.

Part of the way there, I noticed a nice young couple waving at me at a stoplight. Lots of people ask for favors from a guy with a plow truck in the middle of a snowstorm. If it was important (or easy) enough, I used to help out. I've driven pregnant women to the hospital, brought food to an old couple, and even scraped off a driveway for a dude with one arm. I'm a pretty nice guy, and it was good PR for the company. I was fully prepared to do another good deed when I rolled my window down.

"Hey - uh...Have you looked at the side of your truck?"

"Why?", I said, craning to look out of the mirror.

"No, man...look on the other side!"

Just then, I saw it/realized what I'd done.

I had driven off from the gas pump without putting the handle away, ripping the hose right off of the pump. The pump handle was stuck in my gas tank with six feet of hose dangling off, like some accusatory harpoon thrust deep in the whale of my embarassment.

Surprisingly enough, those hoses are easy to re-attach. There's a break away coupler on there, and it just clicks back on. I ran a gallon of gas through it to make sure it didn't leak, and got the hell out of there.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dogsquat For This Useful Post:
ADHDTigger (11-02-10)
Old 11-02-10, 09:00 AM

poppystar is on a distinguished road

I have so many, my friends call me Mrs Bean!
The latest one was going to the supermarket and a whole load of lamb chops fell out of the fridge onto me as I had pulled out one near the bottom. Then I tried using my loyalty card and couldn't understand why it wouldn't work and an assistant came over and said it was a card for a totally different store! I walked out of another store and set the alarms off as it was the emergency exit.

The funniest one was going out with my mum for lunch and we had both parked our cars in the carpark. On the way out we both managed to reverse into the same tree! (I wonder where I get it from?!)
The Following User Says Thank You to poppystar For This Useful Post:
ADHDTigger (11-02-10)