ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Careers/Job Impact
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Careers/Job Impact This forum is for adults to discuss how AD/HD affects work and career.

Old 02-02-05, 12:04 AM
Contributor

emwell is on a distinguished road
Adult with ADD/ADHD - Can't handle no routine at work

Hey All....
I just found out on Sunday that I need a set schedule at work. We had an event that had no intermission. People entered all day and were always at the consessions. No set break.
I realized that I do much better during concerts, basketball, and hockey. Which have a set schedule.
My present job is a job not a career. When I had a career I usually had too much time on my hands. I would spend much time doing nothing then become frantic when notes and assessments were due.

I think I like "the job" better than the "career".
Old 02-06-05, 10:00 PM

Overload is on a distinguished road
A set schedule works better for me too. Well, usually. It helps to break up the time into manageable blocks.

However, if I become really engrossed in what I'm doing, a scheduled break becomes an intrusion.
Old 02-06-05, 10:02 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Nucking_Futs has a spectacular aura aboutNucking_Futs has a spectacular aura about
I don't do well with set schedules myself. I easily get bored and find myself more into watching the clock then focusing on the task at hand. Luckily, I picked the perfect business...nursing. I take breaks when time allows but find that I can go an entire shift if we're busy without a smoke or potty break and not even notice.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming, "WOW! What a ride!!"

Sponsored Links