ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Careers/Job Impact
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Careers/Job Impact This forum is for adults to discuss how AD/HD affects work and career.

Old 05-12-18, 11:07 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 3,722 Times in 1,893 Posts
acdc01 has disabled reputation
Re: So.. jobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychopathetic View Post
Do you already know how to play pianos? Can you read music? I've always wanted to learn to read music. Everytime I ever get anywhere with it...I quit!

I think I post too much on these forums and become SUPER annoying to everyone. >.<'
You're never annoying psycho.

I learned how to play the piano and read sheet music when I was a kid. I'm not great at it but I can play. I have a keyboard and I like layering sounds on top of each other. If you are mediocre, you can sound great through layering as you sound like a whole band in one.

Have you tried the guitar before? If you learn 3 chords, you can actually play a number of songs with that. And learning sheet music isn't a requirement.

Sorry guess I'm off-topic.
The Following User Says Thank You to acdc01 For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (05-12-18)
Old 05-12-18, 02:13 PM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 14,060 Times in 6,992 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdc01 View Post
Have you tried the guitar before? If you learn 3 chords, you can actually play a number of songs with that. And learning sheet music isn't a requirement.
I actually got further with learning a guitar than a keyboard somehow. The problem I have with guitars, is my shoulder and hand start to hurt something fierce! Not my strumming hand/shoulder...but the shoulder and hand that hold the neck of the guitar. It gets so bad that I can play for less than 5 minutes at a time before I'm in so much pain I could just about cry!
I think it must be that I'm not holding things right...even though I've watched plenty of videos on how to sit and hold a guitar.

I think I need lessons from someone. I'm not much good at teaching myself...even with video instructions. I need a person 1 on 1 showing me in person.

(((((((MOM)))))))
I'll always fondly remember.

Old 05-12-18, 02:21 PM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 14,060 Times in 6,992 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyrinMeow View Post
he's a 14 year old boy and he doesn't want to do anything really, especially with good ol' mom.
I bet he'll come back around yet!
I did with my mom. Her and I litterally could not live with each other when I was his age because we'd fight so much. I could not STAND my mom.
But then I grew up and realized that no one in life had my back quite like my mom did...no one 'got' me in the ways my mom did, no one so non-judgmentally accepted who I was like she could...I didn't feel like I had to live up to anything great for my mom, just being me was more then enough for her.
We'd still fight like cats and dogs at times...and our relationship was still dysfunctional, but at the same time...we became best friends during my mid 20's. At least I have that...at least she passed away while we were best buds in life. Dam I love my mom.
I bet he will too. I mean he DOES love you now, but I bet he really comes to a strong realization just how amazing you are once he's had a chance to stumble around in life a bit and does some growing.

(((((((MOM)))))))
I'll always fondly remember.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-18, 02:33 PM
Contributor

Funky1 is a jewel in the roughFunky1 is a jewel in the roughFunky1 is a jewel in the rough

I am currently a paratransit driver, I drive elderly and handicapped people between facilities and to and from appointments. Going to school to become a registered nurse.

Before that, I picked up confidential paperwork for shredding, before that I drove a trash truck, and before that I was a delivery driver for about nine different companies over the course of 10 years. So yes, I've been bouncing around a lot in my career path, I finally feel like I have found my true calling though.
aeon (05-13-18), psychopathetic (05-12-18)