ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-07-18, 08:34 AM
Jr Member

yentzee is on a distinguished road
What are the steps of a behavioural therapy ?

Hi,
I am 41 and was diagnosed about 18 months ago. I am on medication since then. Unfortunately it is nearly impossible to find a therapist with experience in treating adults with adhd in Germany.
I found someone who claims to to be experienced and I have a good feeling but then my insurance refuses to pay as the necessary qualifications are missing (just a dr and not specialized in psychotherapy or psychiatry).
Now I am completely insecure in what is right and what is wrong. There is literally nobody who can be asked when it comes to this topic. Is there like a rough guide on how a behavioural therapy should work / what "steps" are included etc.
Just so I can check if thi gs are going the right way.