ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Wellbutrin
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Wellbutrin (bupropion hcl)

Old 10-03-09, 02:59 AM

mensa99 is on a distinguished road
Question Does anyone notice more vivid memories from the past?

Hi all. I have been having flashbacks of many past events for a long time now and I would like your input if you experience this on all bupropion version. By flashback I mean memories and images that are random and you generally would not think of? Thanks! Mensa99
Old 10-03-09, 03:38 AM
Jr Member

brendan is on a distinguished road
Re: Does anyone notice more vivid memories from the past?

hi mensa 99 i take dexamphetamine and since i have been taking it i have remembered things from when i was young,things i had forgoten i have had to ask people close to me if some of these events happened and it turns out they did but i only rememberd after dex....strange
mensa99 (10-06-09)
Old 10-03-09, 06:02 PM

canitbeADD is on a distinguished road

This happened to me quite often on ritalin and now just today in fact I have experienced it with Dexedrine (after increasing the dose).

I have to say I quite like it.
The Following User Says Thank You to canitbeADD For This Useful Post:
mensa99 (10-06-09)
Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-09, 10:57 PM
ADDvanced Member

RecruitDir is on a distinguished road

These effects are typical with stimulants, including bupopiron. Since taking bupoirion my hearing is sharper, sense of smell more intense. But I worry about overstimulation.
The Following User Says Thank You to RecruitDir For This Useful Post:
mensa99 (10-09-09)
Old 10-09-09, 01:21 AM

mensa99 is on a distinguished road

Recruit - I take Aplenzin now (sure you read the thread I posted previously) and there is no overstimulation at all which is nice. This was not the case with Wellbutrin at times as the dopamine and norepinephrine surges were very strong with instant release tablets about 20 mins after ingestion during each dosing. Aplenzin is nice, try it out if you are able to from a medical perspective. Mensa99
Old 10-10-09, 09:57 AM
ADDvanced Member

Waitingame is a splendid one to beholdWaitingame is a splendid one to beholdWaitingame is a splendid one to beholdWaitingame is a splendid one to beholdWaitingame is a splendid one to beholdWaitingame is a splendid one to beholdWaitingame is a splendid one to behold

To use a very rural concept, I think of those old memories popping up as a "pond turning over." Yeah, weird, I know.

But like you said, vivid memories from long ago just show up, seemingly intact Never thought of it being r/t the Wellbutrin, but that makes sense. Sometimes I can even conjure up the smell or sound of the memory, which is very encompassing in a nice way.

It's never big moments that I remember that way - it's almost always something very common.
The Following User Says Thank You to Waitingame For This Useful Post:
mensa99 (10-16-09)
Old 01-11-10, 07:04 PM
Contributor

river09 will become famous soon enough

wow...light bulb moment. I saw the title of your post aand realized that this has happened a little bit in the past week.(started wellbutrin 2 wks ago.) I have never really been able to remember much from my childhood, and always thought it may be a defense mechanism that I used to keep me from remembering some horrible memory.(long story....just a feeling I have)
Anyway, I was caught off guaard the other day when all the sudden something triggered flashes that I felt were from my childhood. I couldn't quite make sense of it, so didn't think about it too much. But, even though I might not want to deal with past events, it may be good if this keeps happening. Hope I can deal okay.
Thanks for posting
Old 02-16-10, 05:56 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 2,850 Times in 1,776 Posts
EshkaronsEngine has a brilliant futureEshkaronsEngine has a brilliant futureEshkaronsEngine has a brilliant futureEshkaronsEngine has a brilliant futureEshkaronsEngine has a brilliant futureEshkaronsEngine has a brilliant futureEshkaronsEngine has a brilliant futureEshkaronsEngine has a brilliant futureEshkaronsEngine has a brilliant futureEshkaronsEngine has a brilliant futureEshkaronsEngine has a brilliant future

Yeah these were precious gifts. It was disconcerting in a wonderful wonderful way. Although I had built up this mask of who I thought I was over the years when these memories would pop up it was honestly like a package of myself from the past unfolded and out popped this 6 year old boy observing things for the first time.

peripatetic is nuts and I'm the squirrel.
Old 02-16-10, 10:17 PM
Jr Member

man99 is on a distinguished road

my first sleep on wellbutrin, i had dreams from one extreme to the other. i do not remember them, but i do remember them being intense/not normal.
Old 02-06-11, 05:33 PM
Jr Member

cheetos is on a distinguished road

Oh for sure. My relationship with my father hasn't been the same since I first started taking bupropion. I didn't talk to him at all for 2-3 months. I remembered all the awful things he's done, beating the living crap out of me in grade school for no reason being one of them.
Old 04-29-11, 12:30 PM
Jr Member

kmn232 is on a distinguished road

All of my life I've had strong associations between scents/sounds/songs and places/events. In the past for example, I would smell Burberry Brit and think of Buenos Aires because it was the cologne I wore when I lived there a few years ago. Now however, when I smell the cologne, I can remember not just the place, but feelings/emotions associated with it. So for me, that is how it's more vivid.

I have low grade depression, GAD and ADHD inattentive on 400mg of Wellbutrin daily and my doctor has suggested trying to create these associations as much as possible because it's almost training myself to feel better. Listening to old albums from past eras of my life on the way to work always gives me a euphoric feeling now and sometimes I cannot help but smile! And for my ADHD, I have realized that I love listening to music so much because it cuts through the brain "noise" and I can actually focus on one stream of thought at a time...dual purpose.
Old 05-03-11, 02:14 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

anonuser999 is a splendid one to beholdanonuser999 is a splendid one to beholdanonuser999 is a splendid one to beholdanonuser999 is a splendid one to beholdanonuser999 is a splendid one to beholdanonuser999 is a splendid one to beholdanonuser999 is a splendid one to behold

I also experienced very vivid flashbacks and memories. It almost seemed like my mind's eye was turned back on after having it turned off by depression and anxiety. That was the first go-round, I'm on my 2nd in combination with Zoloft and Adderall and I haven't experienced the acute flashbacks as much.
Old 05-03-11, 05:16 PM
Contributor

x6eze is a glorious beacon of lightx6eze is a glorious beacon of lightx6eze is a glorious beacon of lightx6eze is a glorious beacon of lightx6eze is a glorious beacon of light

This happens to be off topic BUT,

I've found that watching a personal made pummellvision brings back strong memories that I had forgotten.
  • 40mg Adderall XR (AM)
  • 30mg Adderall IR (PM)
"Change the world or go home" - Microsoft employee slogan