ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adult Education
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adult Education This forum is to discuss issues related to ADD and higher education.

Old 09-30-04, 10:00 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 3,331 Times in 1,335 Posts
Trooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb On Public Speaking...

Never, ever, ever give a public speech with a suggested time on a topic you are familiar with. I just finished my 8-10 minute speech on ADHD...but it took me 17 minutes. 17 minutes of beautiful speaking, heh. Fortunately, I did a good job, and my teacher wasn't paying attention to the time (he was probably busy writing about how I fidget and walk about too much, heh).

At any rate: topics you know about = talking for much longer than you plan to. I could talk about ADHD for hours and hours and hours if given the opportunity, so I shouldn't have assumed I could do it in 8-10 minutes, heh.
Old 10-03-04, 03:10 AM
ADDvanced Contributor

Energizer_Bunny is on a distinguished road
Ah you did good. I did one that was suppose to be 10-15 minutes and it lasted about 40 minutes.
Old 10-03-04, 03:27 AM
Banned

waywardclam is on a distinguished road
Well it sounds like it went well otherwise!

When do you get a mark back?
Sponsored Links
Old 10-03-04, 08:58 AM

Trooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond repute
No mark until next Thursday, I believe...possibly next Tuesday. We'll see.
Old 10-03-04, 02:24 PM

RhapsodyInBlue has disabled reputation
Ah, I don't think he's going to be as harsh as you think. Sounds like you did well. Here's hoping you get a good result
Old 10-07-04, 10:05 AM

Wasn't as harsh as I think at all...actually the average was mid 80s and I got a 94. He thought I did very well, I was very enthusiastic, I was familiar with the material, and he liked my speaking. I am very happy about this, heh.
Old 10-07-04, 11:59 AM

Nucking_Futs has a spectacular aura aboutNucking_Futs has a spectacular aura about
I give speeches about Domestic violence, child abuse and rape. I always find it funny when the organizer's ask me how long my speech will be. It's absolutly hillarious, there are so many contributing factors and so many ways it can affect a life that I have never been able to narrow it down. I also encourage questions even if I'm in the middle of a sentence. Knowledge is the key. I highly doubt I would ever achieve what you did let alone score so high. I'd pat myself on the back ADHD is not an easy subject and has many, many related topics I'd would never be able to focus enough to write the speech let alone stay on task.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming, "WOW! What a ride!!"

Old 10-10-04, 12:45 AM

inautumnforfree is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMiller
Wasn't as harsh as I think at all...actually the average was mid 80s and I got a 94. He thought I did very well, I was very enthusiastic, I was familiar with the material, and he liked my speaking. I am very happy about this, heh.
something very similar occured to me when i was takin a business class last year. i was one of two people who's grade was above 90, in a class of 30 students.

congrats.