ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Metadate CD & ER
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Metadate CD & ER (methylphenidate ER)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-11-13, 11:11 PM

Ohhhitsjustme is on a distinguished road
Reunited and it feels so.....Weird. Back on meds today after 4 (long)yrs.

Ok so after I found out I was pregnant with my 3rd child, I stopped my Ritalin Rx. Now finally, after 4 years, a new house, 3 active kids, a very patient and helpful hubby and the never ending uphill battle with ADD (with the lovely bonus of being socially awkward), I found a new Dr! After evaluating me, and after looking at my RX history, he put me on a similar Rx that I used to be on. I was on 20mg Ritalin SR with a 10 mg IR afternoon "helper" pill for the long days when I needed the extra help.
My new dr today prescribed 20 mg Methylphenidate ER and Methylphenidate 10mg, and said it was very similar to my old Rx. I only took the ER late afternoon today, and although I am feeling a teensy bit jittery (which will probably wear off after a few days), the only result so far is that I actually had a conversationwith someone and I wasn't socially inept. It was strange for me. I don't remember the effects last time bc I was on a rainbow of antidepressants, before she realized I was ADD. Then ended up on Celexa and Ritalin before going off it altogether (bc of baby#3). I remember being focused and organized...Not feeling it this time. Is it just soon to tell?
My question is when will I see results for the rest of my A-typical ADDness with this new Rx? Is there a difference between Ritalin SRand Methylphendate ER? I still feel the same daunting ADD symptoms, I just seem to be in a better mood. Idk I guess I feel like I am finally taking charge of my life that has spun out of control, and I guess I was expecting an instant change....Will it eventually?