ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Old 04-05-09, 01:04 PM

jrob has a spectacular aura aboutjrob has a spectacular aura about
Heads Up: Generic Adderall Rebranding

The generic Barr Labs adderall I recieved today is now branded as "Teva Pharm." They've owned Barr for a while now but apparently they've now decided to place their own name on the pill bottles. This may cause confusion for some trying to avoid (or stick with) Barr's generic d/l-AMP in IR form.

I've been receiving generic Barr Labs adderall and I find it to be effective and tolerable. There are those who dislike this formulation, however, and request 'anything other than Barr'. Depending on when the pharmacies received their last supply, and how they identify generics, it may no longer be identified as Barr labs.

The pills have the same appearance, numbering, etc as they always have (peach/orange ovals).

I am assuming that the rebranding was done to coincide with the release of the Generic d/l-AMP XR, to make it clear they are now sold by the same company.

(see related thread "Generic Adderall is Now Available").
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jrob For This Useful Post:
ADHDTigger (04-05-09), firstdesserts (04-05-09), kattsqueen (04-05-09), m1trLG2 (05-27-09)
Old 07-16-09, 05:56 PM
Jr Member

stefgun is on a distinguished road
Re: Heads Up: Generic Adderall Rebranding

Just curious--how did the Teva brand of generic Adderall compare to the Barr brand? I personally can't stand the Barr brand, so I'm wondering if the Teva brand is any different? Please let me know!!!
Old 07-16-09, 10:31 PM

Sloan is on a distinguished road
Re: Heads Up: Generic Adderall Rebranding

I think the Barr version of Adderall works so well that pharmacies are running out of stock too quickly.
I've noticed that there's been a lot of substitutes being sold off as generic Adderall.
Sponsored Links