ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 05-16-18, 11:02 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 14,501 Times in 6,478 Posts
aeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The what's bothering you RIGHT NOW thread Part V

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Missy View Post
Boiling up yet another hefty batch of hard boiled eggs and hoping Happy Eggs are not the salmonella mess being reported on.
In a couple of days I am going to order an egg rack for the Instant Pot as well as a couple of deviled egg carriers.

When we have the Spring grillout at work, I am going to deliver deviled eggs done right and looking pretty.

And I had not heard about any salmonella outbreak. No matter, I don’t much care for salmon or Ella anyway.

Cheers,
Ian
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aeon For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (05-16-18), stef (05-16-18)
Old 05-16-18, 11:04 AM

aeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers,
Ian
Old 05-16-18, 11:19 AM

Okay, what is bothering me today?

My leg.

I’m talking full-on grimace, nerves of dancing fire, kill me now make it stop stuff.

If 1600mg of ibu plus baclofen took the edge off, I would hate to have felt the full-on experience.

To be fair, I was active for far longer of a stretch than I should have been a day ago, and perhaps this is my plate of consequences I am sitting down to.

Whatever, the nerves in my thigh are singing arias, my rectus femoris is rock hard, and playing music and being silly is all I can do distract myself.

Ugh,
Ian
Sponsored Links
Old 05-16-18, 05:37 PM
ADDvanced Member

LyrinMeow is a glorious beacon of lightLyrinMeow is a glorious beacon of lightLyrinMeow is a glorious beacon of lightLyrinMeow is a glorious beacon of lightLyrinMeow is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunacie View Post
Sorry the shots didn't help you. Glad to hear you found something that does help.

My back was hurting when I weighed half of what I weigh now.
Yeah it hurts more now, but there's been 40 years of nothing being done
because I had a stupid doctor.

The migraine was so bad last night that I didn't sleep well.
It's impossible to sleep well when it feels like the pillow is filled with rocks.
Same pillow that felt great the night before.

So I noticed that when I rolled over it wasn't as difficult or painful.
I was able to make the bed this morning without sitting down halfway through.

Another poster said the numbing agent gave some relief for a few days.
Hope this is more than that and the shot is really helping.

If the pain is really gone and doesn't come back in a week or two,
I'm seriously thinking to taking some Pilates classes to build core strength.
I've heard that sometimes the shots can permanently fix the issue. I wasn't so lucky.

Oh god the rolling over in the middle of the night that would wake me up every single time. I have a muscle relaxer I take a bedtime that helps with any nighttime back pain. Now I just wake up a new pain every day. :/

I still have days where it acts up but for the most part I'm doing well.

Pilates is amazing for core strength. Just don't overdo it at first. I'm thinking of alternating yoga with home Pilates. That and yoga are great for posture too. Bad posture can also put a strain on your back. I started yoga while I had the back pain. Getting the muscles stretched out also helped with both my back pain and my fibromyalgia pain. Like I was told you could try water aerobics for a gentle exercise to start out with.
Old 05-16-18, 06:14 PM

Thanked 29,258 Times in 13,497 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychopathetic View Post
I'm not in a good space right now guys.
I guess it's not a "bad" space. Not dangerous.
Just...very odd. Not good. Uneasy. Sad.

I guess it's just where I'm meant to be today.

Tomorrow will be 1 year.
It feels like there's a permanence in 1 year.
Like...once 1 year passes...there's no coming back. There's no possible hope. My mom is gone.

I'm just...
I'm in a weird place.
Maybe it is bad.
Or at least it's going that direction.
I feel like calling out for help.

I miss my mom god dman it! I miss my ******* mom.

I'm so tired.
I wish I could goto sleep and stay asleep. Why do I fight it so hard?
Psycho I wish I had something to say that could make your pain a bit better but I've got absolutely nothing. I still wanted to say something though. At least hugs and I hear you.

I wonder...many years ago when I discussed grief with a counsellor she suggested that I plant a tree in memory of the people I grieve for on the anniversary of their deaths. At the time I thought it was a great idea...just to have a permanent place to go to, a permanent, localised memorY. I can't explain it. Just thought I'd mention it in case you think it might help
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (05-16-18), psychopathetic (05-16-18), stef (05-18-18)
Old 05-16-18, 06:34 PM

Thanked 20,998 Times in 11,202 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeon View Post

Cheers,
Ian
I have the same one.

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
aeon (05-17-18), stef (05-18-18)
Old 05-16-18, 07:26 PM

Thanked 25,259 Times in 11,728 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeon View Post

Cheers,
Ian
I like that it only has space for 10 eggs, so you can eat a couple all by yourself.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
aeon (05-17-18), Little Missy (05-16-18), stef (05-18-18)
Old 05-16-18, 08:37 PM
ADDvanced Member

LyrinMeow is a glorious beacon of lightLyrinMeow is a glorious beacon of lightLyrinMeow is a glorious beacon of lightLyrinMeow is a glorious beacon of lightLyrinMeow is a glorious beacon of light

My mood(s) are what is bothering me. I'm happy as a pig in s**t one minute and about to slam my face into a wall the next. Nothing has to happen for the switch. As usual.

I'm trying to do CBT and I'm at the part where you write down your negative thoughts. I don't seem to have any thoughts really. Nothing I can pick apart. I have no idea how to write it down. I have to think really hard to figure out why I hate myself. Granted I do very much hate myself. But I'm not flooded with thoughts about it. It's like that thing where you suddenly imagine swerving into oncoming traffic (which I hear is a real thing) but no thoughts come before that. The desire is just... there all of a sudden. So all of a sudden I'm happy, or i'm angry, or I'm sad and I don't have the slightest clue as to why.

How in the hell do I prevent something I can't put into words and can't predict at all?

This is why I just stick with meds. 1) I hate real life people 2) I haven't the slightest clue what to tell them.

It would be subperb if the Risperdal could start working now. instead of whatever the hell I have going on over here.
The Following User Says Thank You to LyrinMeow For This Useful Post:
stef (05-18-18)
Old 05-18-18, 11:52 AM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 21,698 Times in 12,796 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

Very nearly a serious crash on the way to work. Car pulls out of another road without looking, sees the bus heading straight for them, tries to get out of the way and only makes matters worse by pulling straight out into the other oncoming traffic.

Bus driver had to slam on the brakes sharply, one car had to literally swerve, car behind them had to brake sharply and car driver just sits there before realising they have to move.
Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (05-18-18), stef (05-18-18)
Old 05-18-18, 12:06 PM

Thanked 25,259 Times in 11,728 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightstar View Post
Very nearly a serious crash on the way to work. Car pulls out of another road without looking, sees the bus heading straight for them, tries to get out of the way and only makes matters worse by pulling straight out into the other oncoming traffic.

Bus driver had to slam on the brakes sharply, one car had to literally swerve, car behind them had to brake sharply and car driver just sits there before realising they have to move.
That could have been very bad. I'm glad no one was hurt, especially my Midsy.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
midnightstar (05-18-18), psychopathetic (05-18-18), stef (05-18-18)
Old 05-18-18, 12:38 PM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 14,037 Times in 6,980 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, that's scary
It sounds like a scene from a movie. How crazy is it that things worked out in just the right ways where no one got hurt?

(((((((Mids)))))))

(((((((MOM)))))))
I'll always fondly remember.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
midnightstar (05-18-18), stef (05-18-18)
Old 05-18-18, 12:43 PM

psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

I live in an appartment complex and there's LOTS of elders who live here. They often leave food and unwanted items in the mail room for anyone to take. I try not to take much as I'm really not in need...but they had a few of those small cartons of milk you get with school lunches, and an unopened box of splenda packets...so I took them.

I'm not sure what splenda tastes like...so I took a packet and poured it in my mouth.

OMG! It was HORRID! It literally tasted like cigarette ashes!

Later I was going to have a milk...but as soon as I picked it up, it reeked of cigarettes...so I poured it in a cup.
Took a drink...and yeah, it tasted just like ashes!! Horrible taste! >.<'

I guess I didn't know that smoke could penetrate paper packaging and spoil the contents inside.

Made me sad! No milk and splenda for me! lol

(((((((MOM)))))))

Old 05-18-18, 12:45 PM

Or! Maybe I should make a new invention!

You know how they have chocolate milk? And how there's strawberry milk? Heck! I've even had banana milk before!

Well...I present to you all!...

Cigarette milk!
MMM MMM Good!

(((((((MOM)))))))

Old 05-18-18, 03:15 PM
Mind Racing Moderator

Thanked 14,214 Times in 6,804 Posts
Greyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond repute

My wife received a cancer diagnosis today.

She has a malignant melanoma and they think it has spread into her lymph nodes. Next Thursday we see a cancer specialist/surgeon. Hopefully, we’ll find out what course of action is necessary.

Last edited by Greyhound1; 05-18-18 at 04:11 PM..
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Greyhound1 For This Useful Post:
aeon (05-20-18), Little Missy (05-18-18), Little Nut (05-19-18), midnightstar (05-18-18), peripatetic (05-18-18), stef (Yesterday)
Old 05-18-18, 03:31 PM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 21,698 Times in 12,796 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyhound1 View Post
My wife received a cancer diagnosis today.

She has melanoma and they think it has spread into her lymph nodes. Next Thursday we see a cancer specialist/surgeon. Hopefully, we’ll find out what course of action is necessary.
I hope your wife recovers, Great Hound I wish there was something we could do to help

Tigger's sending you and your wife loads of loves and snuggles and a "dead" toy mouse to help
Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm

The Following User Says Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (05-18-18)