ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 06-21-05, 11:33 AM

thkpaul is on a distinguished road
A letter to myself

I tried writing a letter the other day. Words usually flow when I sit down to express myself with my pen. All I need to do is think and the words take alife of there own. Marking my paper with carefully selected words to bring my readers on a journey inside my mind. What made this letter so difficult? Well, you see, this letter was special. This letter was to my mind.

As i sat down to write the most important letter of my life, i wondered, what will I say? Have you ever tried to mend words together for yourself. My biggest challege seems to be, how to I procede without offending myself. Can I possibly get my view accross without being callous. Why should I even care about how I feel about myself?

I chose my words wisely, just incase I was more sensitive than I thought I was. Have you ever tried being honest with yourself, taken the roll of a friend within yourself. Asked yourself why the mind wanders and takes a life of its own. I asked a simple question that I felt may be easy to answer. Where do you go? What is so important inside my head that takes all your time?

This letter then took a path of its own. The words I wrote seemd to blur into the same question over and over. Where do my thoughts go? I suggest that maybe if they pasued for a second I wouldn't feel so lonely. You see, when my mind goes blank there is no turning back. All I can do is hope I will have company soon.

I even came up with a plan for a truce. A cease fire if you would. I told my mind we needed to work together to make this relationship work in harmony. Its tough mentioning communication with yourself. How can you possibly live without a peaceful coexistance. Try telling your mind that less confusion is needed without making yourself seem ignorant.

When I finished my letter I was proud and felt I had done well. My words were firm yet relaxed in a loving tone. Remember, I don't know how I will react to this little mission statement. The only problem I face now is, How do I get this letter to myself? The postman looked at me strangley when I asked for a stamp for my mind. Do I leave it on the table, and hope I notice it passing by? I just hope I get to it before time decays the paper my message is on.
Old 06-05-06, 04:06 PM
ADDvanced Member

mejasha has disabled reputation
Why do I not I recognize myself when I live with myself every day?
Why does my mind hide the words I am trying to think of to say?
When I'm having a conversation with someone else it is so frustrating
When my mind draws a blank and I can't even think of just a simple thing.
:soapbox: :foot:

The future can be bright
when we remove the blindfolds!!
Old 06-05-06, 06:10 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

xstarchildx is a glorious beacon of lightxstarchildx is a glorious beacon of lightxstarchildx is a glorious beacon of lightxstarchildx is a glorious beacon of lightxstarchildx is a glorious beacon of lightxstarchildx is a glorious beacon of light
thkpaul, pretty deep stuff but i can kinda relate i might also try this myself see what comes up, i think it could be pretty interesting!
Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-06, 06:52 PM

Thanked 6,451 Times in 4,701 Posts
SB_UK has disabled reputation
Letter to self
-------------
Why don't we talk any more?
Am I losing my faith in you?
You seem so sure.
But I know that your certainty is uncertain, at best.
I'm losing my faith in you - what to do?
Chasing hedonia ... cheap is the word.
Uplifting it is not.
One last chance ... an all or nothing play.
Wiped, a playing surface, clean, no memory.
One last chance ... an all or nothing play.
Take a chance, a swirl or spiral - *something* ...
... just show me ...
... that there's some reason, for me ...
... ... ... ... ... some reason for me not to lose my faith ...
in me.

SB.
Old 06-06-06, 04:32 AM
Super Meowaderator

Thanked 15,402 Times in 6,116 Posts
meadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond repute
Excellent thread like......

Quote:
What made this letter so difficult? Well, you see, this letter was special. This letter was to my mind.
My mind seldom uses words so I can see the difficulty here….. I only use words to translate what is on the inside to a form that can be understood by others located without …..

Quote:
Asked yourself why the mind wanders and takes a life of its own.
Yea the answer was my brain has a mind of it’s own…….

Quote:
I told my mind we needed to work together to make this relationship work in harmony.
Compromising the time table… there should be times set aside each day when your mind can wander or stray what ever. I think it is healthy for my mind to operate inhibited by the conscience “box”! Many of the “answers” are in the mind uninhibited by expectation of should, could, would! I “play” with this mindful state and if allowed freedom you may be very amazed…….some of my most brilliant moments have arisen, I have made connections that are truly extraordinary……. When I allow my brain to have a mind of it’s own.

Quote:
Take a chance, a swirl or spiral - *something* ...
... just show me ...
... that there's some reason, for me ...
... ... ... ... ... some reason for me not to lose my faith ...
in me.

This is sad…… I felt such sorrow when I read this……part of me inside cried.

Mine is like

I will work with you if you will work with me
We stand or fall together
Bare with me and I shall be true
We may not like we see but we must
Seek to determine exactly how much does this have to do with me
If I can change it then joining together for the rearrange
If it is not about “us” then
Things are as they should be
You don’t lie to me and I won’t lie to you
I think it take both sides of me thus “we”
Some times life can be confusing
What is real to you is real to me
Both parts are equal parts of me
the outer that is seen and inner deep inside
Must join together so in life all can
get through the bull sh** with out shame
and separate so to blow off the liars in life,
So we can be free
to be who and what we were meant to be
That would be meadd823!
Some will think insanity
But a few may actually understand
And join in the ride of this thing called life!

My take on life:

Contemplation is fun and can bring up the deeper layers to light but

Don’t try to Fricke analyze it to death…..you’ll take way all the fun……you be you and I shall be me because this is the way it should be

Acceptance. .of self, others, and life.

If ya don’t like “it” can ya change it?, escape it?, if nil to both blow it the duck off!

Okay that is the free hand first try…. And that is me…including the person behind the user name!

Well that was easier than I thought.
(shrug)

Follow ADDForums on Twitter & Facebook
Old 06-06-06, 01:17 PM

Thanked 6,451 Times in 4,701 Posts
SB_UK has disabled reputation
The need to write to oneself is interesting, in that this should not be possible unless life in the first person is fading.
If there is only 'you' ... for 'you' there should be only 'I' ... and the observation that 'me' overlooks 'I' is a clear sign of what's going on in our minds.
Our shift away from 'first person' exposes us as so much more than the 'first person' alone. Identification of the 'third person' as the wise influence over the 'first person' ... exposes the 'third' for the real you.
All that follows is a reconciliation of the 'first' and 'third', I guess, generating the 'second' ... and since I, *you*, he {one, we, you (plural), they} ... since *you* comes to the 'fore' as the 'second' ... 'one' wanders whether this 'second' might make the 'selfish' gene reconsider, and generate 'altruistic' mind.

SB.
Old 06-06-06, 06:54 PM
Super Meowaderator

Thanked 15,402 Times in 6,116 Posts
meadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond repute
Hmmm the position of “observer” is mentioned in quantum consciousness…. I began reading about it (see about) a month, maybe six weeks ago…. It does mention that the observer creates the observed reality…… when we box our emotions by creating labels, definitions, ect… we increase the mass / density by trapping of the eeenergy (p)..articles created by the emotions thus become burdened by the weight….. emotions are seen in this context as being (P)..articles of eeenergy that are neither created or destroyed but merely take on various forms……..

Follow ADDForums on Twitter & Facebook