ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > CO-EXISTING CONDITIONS > Sleeping
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 04-13-16, 09:34 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,028 Times in 608 Posts
excel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to behold
Re: Sleeping

My sleep doctor said I should take melatonin 3 or 5mg. He said it helps you to fall asleep. He also said it helps with paransomonia . I got up while sleeping and ran into the wall and had to go to the emergency room. I also have violent nightmares. Anyone else with this problem.
The Following User Says Thank You to excel For This Useful Post:
ginniebean (04-13-16)
Old 04-15-16, 02:42 PM
Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 2,217 Times in 994 Posts
KarmanMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeKarmanMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeKarmanMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeKarmanMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeKarmanMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeKarmanMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeKarmanMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeKarmanMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeKarmanMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeKarmanMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeKarmanMonkey has a reputation beyond repute

Had sleep problems, but not to your extent. I found melatonin helpful, but there are those who haven't seen any benefit from it either.

I'd encourage you to google sleep hygeine and see if there's anything in the list of options that you feel you could change, even if you don't see how it could help.

A big one for me is exercise. If I'm not active enough during the day, it seriously messes with my sleep.

The bigger one is routine. Having the set bedtime routine so it preps my mind for sleep.

The one thing you'll read is about caffeine being a big problem; for me it's the opposite; since what keeps me awake tends to be the distractions and random thoughts, having a bit of caffeine can actually help me focus on sleep.
Old 05-16-16, 01:17 PM

excel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to behold

I have insomnia. It takes me for ever to fall asleep. My doctor put me on 3 to 5mg of melatonin.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-16-16, 01:29 PM

Thanked 21,935 Times in 7,992 Posts
ginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond repute

One of the things I notice about sleep is that I am extremely light sensitive. Even the red glow from a digital alarm clock can upset my ability to sleep.

What works for me has been a sleep mask and the room kept as dark as possible. Apparently lots of people are light sensitive.
The Following User Says Thank You to ginniebean For This Useful Post:
excel (10-14-18)
Old 05-16-16, 10:24 PM
Contributor

qanda will become famous soon enough

My 14 yr old daughter takes melatonin, 1.5 mg 30 minutes to an hour before bed. Without it she takes 2 hrs to fall asleep, but with it she falls asleep quickly. I read somewhere that if you do not make adequate melatonin then it works well, but if you do it helps you fall asleep barely any faster than not taking it.
The Following User Says Thank You to qanda For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (05-17-16)
Old 05-17-16, 10:32 AM

It takes me more than 2 hours to fall asleep.
Old 09-29-18, 11:14 PM

If we are able to improve our sleep habits our daily lives would improve.
The Following User Says Thank You to excel For This Useful Post:
lisariver (09-30-18)
Old 10-14-18, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginniebean View Post
One of the things I notice about sleep is that I am extremely light sensitive. Even the red glow from a digital alarm clock can upset my ability to sleep.

What works for me has been a sleep mask and the room kept as dark as possible. Apparently lots of people are light sensitive.
My doctor says hide the alarm clock.
Old 10-15-18, 09:16 AM

lopis1988 is on a distinguished road

I have insomnia as well but I dont take any drugs!
Old 10-15-18, 11:38 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 32,434 Times in 15,027 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lopis1988 View Post
I have insomnia as well but I dont take any drugs!
Why not? Just curious.

I carried a watermelon?