ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Relationships & Social Issues
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Relationships & Social Issues This forum is for adults with AD/HD to discuss how AD/HD affects personal relationships.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-15-09, 02:57 AM

Thanked 1,995 Times in 1,112 Posts
Crazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond repute
Dating and Age Differences

I'm curious to know what peoples views are on dating people who are significantly younger or older and if its work or not. I normally date men who are between 10 or 12 years older than I am and for the first part of the relationship its great but as I went further into it I kind of felt like I was dating a father figure rather than a boyfriend, the good thing about dating an older man is that they are usually more mature, stable and settled however on the flip side they come with a lot of baggage (divorces etc) and they seem to allow that to spill into new relationships, another woman I knew dated an older guy was considering leaving because she wanted children and eventually marriage and he wanted no part of any of it as he'd been there and done it before but how fair was that on her? I've since lost contact with this lady so I don't know what happened in the end but I do know that she loved him and was otherwise happy but at the same time they were at 2 different places when it came to marriage and children...So whats your take on this people?