ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Relationships & Social Issues
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Relationships & Social Issues This forum is for adults with AD/HD to discuss how AD/HD affects personal relationships.

Old 02-17-10, 11:40 AM
ADDvanced Member

firefighter will become famous soon enough
Fence post thread, vent, fuss, whatever

Just a thread for anyone who has anything to get off chest. Whether it is work, personal, or just want to vent. I would say no bad words, you know what i mean. Kinda like a random journal so to speak or better yet it dont have to be like anything. open, just for you to feel better or maybe we can get some laughs. I'd prefer that no one spell checks or edits , just freedom of the mind and keyboard, of course i would hope all the rules are taken in to consideration. So let it rip....
The Following User Says Thank You to firefighter For This Useful Post:
sienasmama09 (02-17-10)
Old 02-17-10, 08:58 PM
ADDvanced Member

Re: Fence post thread, vent, fuss, whatever

Id would like to say I am not feeling well, this is my time of irritability and meds are doing what they do when they were off. any body got any ideas or over the counter or whatever to ease this feeling. and i dont think the symtoms will until i take meds tomorow
Old 02-17-10, 09:12 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

String has much to be proud ofString has much to be proud ofString has much to be proud ofString has much to be proud ofString has much to be proud ofString has much to be proud ofString has much to be proud ofString has much to be proud ofString has much to be proud of

I would like to say that it would be nice if someone else would come live my life for a few months so I could take a break.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to String For This Useful Post:
firefighter (02-17-10), stef (02-18-10)
Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-10, 10:02 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 13,642 Times in 5,040 Posts
ADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond repute

Firefighter, try a cup of coffee or tea. Or an energy drink or caffeinated soda. Often the caffeine will take the edge off. You should also go do something peacefully physical- take out the rubbish, clean a corner of the garage, or take a walk. Let the irritability get swallowed up in the happy brain that results from doing something physical.

String, I would be happy to trade. Problem is that I don't know that living my life would really give you the break you are looking for. That said, I so understand where you're at. Frankly I would love to go AWOL for awhile myself. Problem is that I would likely just worry the whole time I'm gone and come back to bigger problems.

(((hugs))) honey. I understand.

Never forget. "Normal" is just a setting on the washing machine.
Do you really want to be a setting on the washing machine?
If you do, wouldn't you rather be the spin cycle?
The Following User Says Thank You to ADHDTigger For This Useful Post:
firefighter (02-17-10)
Old 02-17-10, 10:13 PM
ADDvanced Member

Funny thing, when I am at work i have gotten up at different odd hours of the night and I will make a pot of coffee and have a cup and the pain will ease and i can go back to sleep. it is hard to explain to my shift why, i thought i was nuts.. i dont drink coffee on my off days. now i know why i am drawn to it .. it is easy to make at work and fast. lots of creamer and sugar. I try to stay away form diet mt dews. i love em.... thanks for helping me with the simple fact i am adhd normal with the caffeine advise and I will try for the walking or other examples, only thing my evenings can be off the chart busy. i know i need to take time. thanks again
The Following User Says Thank You to firefighter For This Useful Post:
ADHDTigger (02-17-10)
Old 02-17-10, 11:21 PM
ADDvanced Member

sienasmama09 has a spectacular aura aboutsienasmama09 has a spectacular aura about

Great idea!

I'm about to go crazy from lack of sleep; even when my baby girl sleeps, I can't. Insomnia sucks. It doesn't help that when my DH sleeps, he sounds like a motorcycle engine revving, and if he doesn't stop the snoring soon, I'm going to smother him with my pillow!