ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-18, 06:41 PM
Committee Member

Emre22 is a glorious beacon of lightEmre22 is a glorious beacon of lightEmre22 is a glorious beacon of lightEmre22 is a glorious beacon of lightEmre22 is a glorious beacon of lightEmre22 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: The what's bothering you RIGHT NOW thread Part V

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightstar View Post
What is sapiosexual? not come across that one before?
Found from wikipedia

“A person who is sexually attracted to intelligence or the human mind before appearance.”

Air Nomad Guru Laghima
Old 09-13-18, 06:42 PM
Committee Member

Emre22 is a glorious beacon of lightEmre22 is a glorious beacon of lightEmre22 is a glorious beacon of lightEmre22 is a glorious beacon of lightEmre22 is a glorious beacon of lightEmre22 is a glorious beacon of light

I heard of sapiosexual term before
But never thought , it would be more impressive for them than physical appearence

Air Nomad Guru Laghima
Old 09-13-18, 06:48 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 29,883 Times in 13,798 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emre22 View Post
I heard of sapiosexual term before
But never thought , it would be more impressive for them than physical appearence
I think after a certain age, intelligence anf personality Are almost always more attractive than pjysical appearance.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
Emre22 (09-13-18), Little Missy (09-14-18)
Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-18, 06:49 PM

Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emre22 View Post
From now on i will be reading books in public areas
Not alone in my room
It's a good conversation starter.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
Emre22 (09-13-18)
Old 09-13-18, 06:51 PM

Quote:
I ended up SI'ing

I wish I could stop

It's ok. I mean it sucks but don't blame yourself. I thikk a lot of us have unhealtjy coping mechanisms. We need somezjing don't we? Maybs it's a mattwr of finding sometjing else. Somethinf healthier.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
Emre22 (09-13-18), Lunacie (09-13-18), midnightstar (09-13-18)
Old 09-13-18, 06:56 PM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 22,445 Times in 13,257 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy12 View Post

It's ok. I mean it sucks but don't blame yourself. I thikk a lot of us have unhealtjy coping mechanisms. We need somezjing don't we? Maybs it's a mattwr of finding sometjing else. Somethinf healthier.

That's if there is anything healthier .......
Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm

The Following User Says Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (09-13-18)
Old 09-13-18, 06:59 PM

Quote:
That's if there is anything healthier .......
Many things arrive healthier than SI. Anything thst is beneficial to you, anything that is nurturing is good. I easy just thinking tjst maybe everytime I feel like eatinf a biscuit I'll cuddle a teddy instead. It sounds stupid but it's not harmful.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
Emre22 (09-13-18), Lunacie (09-13-18), midnightstar (09-13-18)
Old 09-13-18, 07:02 PM
Committee Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy12 View Post
It's a good conversation starter.
Actually i will give it a try but now i question one thing
If someone likes me for intelligence , or intellectual capacity , is it really love

Since i had that self devolopment thing

Feeding a animal is more important than all intellectual things

I dont want to prejudice ofc

After the being excited by respond

Negative side came
I was just looking someone with good heart and a appereance that i like

Air Nomad Guru Laghima
Old 09-13-18, 07:40 PM

Thanked 4,061 Times in 1,968 Posts
willow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sooo zapped.

Had a meeting at 8:15 with special ed teacher and other arts teachers, then 7 half hour back to back band lessons, then a group of kids came back to have lunch and play instruments, then a different group of kids came in to play music during recess, then 15 minutes of quiet time to be by myself and try to get some prep done and eat, then 3 more band lessons, then a play meeting, but I forgot the DVD I needed so I had to drive home to get it, put the frozen chicken pot pie in the oven while I'm at it for boo to eat when he wakes up for the night shift, then back to school, watched the DVD of the last time this play was done...that was revealing. Much discussion with the 2 other teachers. Have some grasp of things necessary to prep for play...Brainstormed some ideas. Meeting went until about 6, which I wasn't anticipating. Then I packed up and went home.

Last Thursday to last night, 16 hour of work outside of contract hours.

ARE there introverts who are crazy enough to do this job and have kids too? O.O

I'm tired and I guess the solution is to sleep. But, there's a type of tired where I barely comprehend that's what's going on, like I think...I gotta have dinner...I gotta get up and do dishes...I gotta empty out my lunch box....I gotta scoop the litterbox...I gotta lesson plan...I think I'm supposed to keep going. And I don't keep going, and I'm not productive, but I think I'm supposed to keep going. It's like sleep walking.

I'm hungry and I need to eat. It's crazy when THAT is actually too much executive function for my brain. Like it's difficult to follow through on a task long enough to get to the kitchen and get a dish and scoop pie into a bowl, and it's hard for me to not completely zone out.

If I had kids, would I be just like my mom? I'm medicated, so at least some of the time I can actually move off the couch. I remember all the time she didn't do the simplest things for us...
I'm a lot more empathetic than she is, and I'm worried about doing a bad job with kids, so I think that fear would make me do what I perceived that I needed to do for my own kids, I think. But...I worry about depression and anxiety too.

Well, it's a good thing I don't have any children tonight anyways.

MMmm pie
Old 09-14-18, 12:08 AM

DanielGM1970 is a glorious beacon of lightDanielGM1970 is a glorious beacon of lightDanielGM1970 is a glorious beacon of lightDanielGM1970 is a glorious beacon of lightDanielGM1970 is a glorious beacon of light

Wow, what a grind! Good for you for keeping it up.

So I'm not really an introvert or an extrovert, turns out there's something called an "ambivert", which is basically an extrovert who needs down time away from people to recharge batteries.

Lately I'm feeling very tired of people. Live in Northern Virginia, so there are tons of people, everywhere. I'm very intuitive and empathetic, so I pick up on micro-expressions a lot, which means I can read the judgement coming my way most of the time for every little thing/every glance.

Anyone else have this problem? Any solutions? I would love to get out in nature and hike/camp like I used to.

D.

I cease trying to be perfect, and instead stay faithful to my psychological and spiritual practice. - Dr. David Richo

Be yourself, and the rest will follow.

DG
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DanielGM1970 For This Useful Post:
Emre22 (09-14-18), Rebelyell (09-14-18)
Old 09-14-18, 12:30 AM

Thanked 11,251 Times in 5,495 Posts
daveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielGM1970
Lately I'm feeling very tired of people. Live in Northern Virginia, so there are tons of people, everywhere. I'm very intuitive and empathetic, so I pick up on micro-expressions a lot, which means I can read the judgement coming my way most of the time for every little thing/every glance.

Anyone else have this problem

I do, though im not sure if im super empathetic or hypervigilant of rejection and criticism

sometimes, only sometimes I can beat it by what I can only describe as reverse mindfulness?

say im in a store , I consciously shift all my focus to external objects (goods, items,whatever ) instead of my internal high alert criticism and judgement detector

its likely faulty anyway and biased toward emotionally charged ingrained schema (mine , not yours)

Last edited by namazu; 09-16-18 at 04:48 PM.. Reason: Added quote tags for clarity.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to daveddd For This Useful Post:
DanielGM1970 (09-14-18), Lunacie (09-14-18)
Old 09-14-18, 07:42 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 31,950 Times in 14,766 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Doing Keto to take off this last 20lbs. Very limited meal options and having the "keto flu".

I carried a watermelon?
Old 09-14-18, 09:09 AM

Thanked 21,257 Times in 11,388 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

I believe I have handled and put up with just about everything at this point in my life.

I'm sure everything will tighten down when the housekeeper gets back.

I don't care. I'm washing my hair in LOL's sink. Any port in a storm.

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
Emre22 (09-14-18), Lunacie (09-14-18)
Old 09-14-18, 09:48 AM

Thanked 25,722 Times in 12,001 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielGM1970 View Post
Wow, what a grind! Good for you for keeping it up.

So I'm not really an introvert or an extrovert, turns out there's something called an "ambivert", which is basically an extrovert who needs down time away from people to recharge batteries.

Anyone else have this problem? Any solutions? I would love to get out in nature and hike/camp like I used to.

D.
Another empath here. I found it difficult to accept that some side glances and
upset tones weren't actually about me. Someone was just having a bad day
and I was part of it, along with a bunch of other people.

I began doing this little thing with my hands, holding both hands at my waist,
left hand out saying in my head "that energy does not belong to me" and
the right hand facing in saying in my head "this energy is mine."

It also works if the other person really is mad at ME, because both of us being
angry doesn't usually help the situation.

I can still feel the irritation from the other person, but that doesn't mean I have
to pick it up and try to carry it for them. That wouldn't actually diminish their
irritation, it would only increase mine.

And I have enough to deal with because I have Sensory Defensiveness.
Stores and malls are a real trial for me, bright lights, too many things,
children screeching, the PA blaring, the beeping at the scanner,
unexpected pockets of smells (I avoid the detergent-fabric softener aisle),
and Too Many People.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
DanielGM1970 (09-14-18), Emre22 (09-14-18), Fuzzy12 (09-14-18)
Old 09-14-18, 10:09 AM

DanielGM1970 is a glorious beacon of lightDanielGM1970 is a glorious beacon of lightDanielGM1970 is a glorious beacon of lightDanielGM1970 is a glorious beacon of lightDanielGM1970 is a glorious beacon of light

Good tips Dave and Lunacie!

D.

I cease trying to be perfect, and instead stay faithful to my psychological and spiritual practice. - Dr. David Richo

Be yourself, and the rest will follow.

DG