ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-31-08, 05:43 PM

Guest1 will become famous soon enough
Question do adhd people tend to not wear jeans or pants cause it feels weird

shorts only is what they wear im just curious
The Following User Says Thank You to Guest1 For This Useful Post:
SB_UK (04-01-08)
Old 03-31-08, 05:58 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 25,985 Times in 12,126 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: do adhd people tend to not wear jeans or pants cause it feels weird

I have ADHD (inattentive type) and I wear jeans all the time.

But I also have something called Sensory Integration Disorder and I can only wear soft t-shirts and that type of thing. ADHD and SID are two different things, I just happen to have them both.

SID can also make a person extremely sensitive to noises or lights or smells, anything that affects any of the senses.

Is that what you're talking about?

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following User Says Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
SB_UK (04-01-08)
Old 03-31-08, 06:09 PM

no like not wearing jeans cus how feels etc is what i mean
Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-08, 06:22 PM

Mincan is a splendid one to beholdMincan is a splendid one to beholdMincan is a splendid one to beholdMincan is a splendid one to beholdMincan is a splendid one to beholdMincan is a splendid one to beholdMincan is a splendid one to beholdMincan is a splendid one to behold

I didn't wear jeans until high school. Before that I only wore track pants as I felt them comfortable. I never wore underwear until high school. I anticipated going to high school and being tortured for these two things, so I did it myself.

I am extremely fickle physically. It's hard for me to get into a body position I am comfortable in whether sitting, lying, or walking... about the only time I'm happy physically is when my thoughts are elsewhere...I'm sure it's all connected to being in the moment and such and ADHD/OCD/Tourettes hybrid...
Old 03-31-08, 07:45 PM
Contributor

Fuse has a spectacular aura aboutFuse has a spectacular aura about

As I kid I hated wearing jeans. It was too scratchy or tight or something.

When I went to uni I saw it was all people wore so I gave it another go. Now I barely wear anything else.

Old 03-31-08, 08:33 PM

TigerZ is on a distinguished road

it might depend on the quality of the jeans.
i wear jeans all the time, but when i spend the extra money on a good pair, oh man.... so soft and comfortable...

shop around, see if you find a good set
from what ive worn, Lucky Brand makes the best ones.
Old 03-31-08, 09:35 PM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

ozchris is a glorious beacon of lightozchris is a glorious beacon of lightozchris is a glorious beacon of lightozchris is a glorious beacon of lightozchris is a glorious beacon of light

I used to hate jeans because of how they felt. You really have to 'break them in' and run them through the washing machine a few times and they feel much better afterwards.
Old 03-31-08, 09:39 PM
Extradimensional Moderator

HighFunctioning has a brilliant futureHighFunctioning has a brilliant futureHighFunctioning has a brilliant futureHighFunctioning has a brilliant futureHighFunctioning has a brilliant futureHighFunctioning has a brilliant futureHighFunctioning has a brilliant futureHighFunctioning has a brilliant futureHighFunctioning has a brilliant futureHighFunctioning has a brilliant futureHighFunctioning has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by marytza View Post
shorts only is what they wear im just curious
Maybe in Florida, but definitely not in the northern states during certain months of the year.
Disclaimer: none of the posts on this forum should be taken as medical advice. Optimally, always seek the opinion of multiple experienced professionals, note any discrepancies, and use your best judgment, as well as research, to determine what is true, untrue, and neither (opinion).
The Following User Says Thank You to HighFunctioning For This Useful Post:
Imnapl (03-31-08)
Old 03-31-08, 09:56 PM

Thanked 3,791 Times in 1,933 Posts
Imnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond repute

Or like for two days in Canada.

Phaedrus

Old 03-31-08, 11:55 PM

Thanked 1,484 Times in 752 Posts
SuzzanneX has a brilliant futureSuzzanneX has a brilliant futureSuzzanneX has a brilliant futureSuzzanneX has a brilliant futureSuzzanneX has a brilliant futureSuzzanneX has a brilliant futureSuzzanneX has a brilliant futureSuzzanneX has a brilliant futureSuzzanneX has a brilliant futureSuzzanneX has a brilliant futureSuzzanneX has a brilliant future

LOL! ...I wear pants!

Syd Barrett
Old 04-01-08, 12:03 AM

ya cause i know someone who whine and complain about it 24/7
Old 04-01-08, 12:25 AM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

Luthien has much to be proud ofLuthien has much to be proud ofLuthien has much to be proud ofLuthien has much to be proud ofLuthien has much to be proud ofLuthien has much to be proud ofLuthien has much to be proud ofLuthien has much to be proud ofLuthien has much to be proud ofLuthien has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imnapl View Post
Or like for two days in Canada.
lol - well, I see people wearing shorts *all year long* in Vancouver! Rain or rain or rain or .. oh, hey, shine!

Don't really like jeans too, unless they're comfy.
And I recognise the not wanting to wear tight things, or synthetic fibers (freak me out), or necks or cuffs that are tight .. or any jewelry .. don't even wear a watch.
Oh, and bra's that look like they are designed by a civil engineer (adds up to 90% of them). And underwear with these sharp thin elastic rims *ouch* and the worst of all, that insane underwear that seems to be made out of shoe strings .. I cannot imagine that someone would wear that except at gun point.

I do like loose fitting cotton shirts, skirts .. oh wait - exception to the "not tight" rule .. I do like tights (under a skirt) and also mountain boots, bc they give some sense of physical stability (my equilibrium is not that good)
Quote:
Originally Posted by marytza View Post
ya cause i know someone who whine and complain about it 24/7
You mean clothes or the weather in Canada?

-- the Lay of Leithian. J.R.R. Tolkien

ADD inattentive / dex 60 mg/d

Old 04-01-08, 12:32 AM

Thanked 3,791 Times in 1,933 Posts
Imnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond repute

That's because Vancouver has had a long drought period. When I lived in Vancouver they still got rain, for days, and months . . . . ne're a ray of sunshine. It took me years not to automatically grab an umbrella on my way out the door.

Luthien, ditto on the clothes and jewelry. I wear a watch at work because it's a necessity.

Phaedrus

Old 04-01-08, 01:14 AM

Daveg will become famous soon enough

Growing up I hated jeans and refused to wear them until I was 16 went shopping and found a pair I liked. I've been wearing jeans almost every day since
Old 04-01-08, 01:21 AM

Thanked 1,484 Times in 752 Posts
SuzzanneX has a brilliant futureSuzzanneX has a brilliant futureSuzzanneX has a brilliant futureSuzzanneX has a brilliant futureSuzzanneX has a brilliant futureSuzzanneX has a brilliant futureSuzzanneX has a brilliant futureSuzzanneX has a brilliant futureSuzzanneX has a brilliant futureSuzzanneX has a brilliant futureSuzzanneX has a brilliant future

wrong thread.

whoops..

Syd Barrett
Closed Thread