ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-18, 01:30 AM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

Thanked 1,333 Times in 675 Posts
Drogheda has a brilliant futureDrogheda has a brilliant futureDrogheda has a brilliant futureDrogheda has a brilliant futureDrogheda has a brilliant futureDrogheda has a brilliant futureDrogheda has a brilliant futureDrogheda has a brilliant futureDrogheda has a brilliant futureDrogheda has a brilliant futureDrogheda has a brilliant future
started noticing a new thing in myself and other's

so I was at work today, and going to work was an experience in itself. I was feeling pretty great, still do, just a bit.... moodier.

this is about the saying "I remember", and how that phrase, well I use it a lot. I'm not lying when I say I remember, I have a very long pretty accurate memory.

but I've been noticing how what I remember has pretty much everything to do with the current moment and who I am talking to. there are real bits of information to remember that helps, reminicing the old times with friends is fantastic, but I need to (and I did for awhile, now I'm getting back into the swing of things) start living more in the moment, to be the the fast paced guy that I am, so I can have conversations without me saying "I remember" every 3 or 4 minutes. I have before, however this time around, I have more knowledge about all of that.

so I was going in to work and a guy and I where having a conversation. it was pouring rain out, and I thought I saw a funnel cloud (the place I work at is in the middle of a big mountain range, part of the Boston mountains, and it looked like the rotation was directly over the place I work.

IMG_0680.jpgIMG_0684.jpg

this guy and I have rarely ever gotten along. but I know he is into nature stuff so I showed him. I'm a photographer so I love this kind of stuff, then he tells me a story
"you know, one time I was at the beach and there was this kid, I don't know, I guess his number was 13, anyway he had something wrong with him, cerebral palsy or something, and he was out of his wheelchair by the beach and wanted my help catching a fish, so we did and caught this fish, it wasn't that big but whatever, he asked me to take a picture of him and the fish, I had no idea but I managed to figure it out. he wanted to show his mom so I asked him if he did and he said he sent it out on this entire network"

ehh, moral of the story is, I think I'm getting better at spotting people I should have nothing to do with. I don't know, I've been having rapid progress lately and just need to say it all I guess.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Drogheda For This Useful Post:
ToneTone (06-18-18), tudorose (06-15-18)