ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > CO-EXISTING CONDITIONS > Sleeping
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-18, 03:21 PM
Forum Guru

Thanked 1,859 Times in 674 Posts
Jacksper has a reputation beyond reputeJacksper has a reputation beyond reputeJacksper has a reputation beyond reputeJacksper has a reputation beyond reputeJacksper has a reputation beyond reputeJacksper has a reputation beyond reputeJacksper has a reputation beyond reputeJacksper has a reputation beyond reputeJacksper has a reputation beyond reputeJacksper has a reputation beyond reputeJacksper has a reputation beyond repute
Sleeping with a podcast on..

For many years I have gone asleep while listening to a podcast or a documentary.

At first, it was a great finding. It helps me quiet my mind and fall asleep within minutes. Even if I don't fall asleep, I can listen to some fascinating stories.

But I also noticed (quite long ago) that I have become dependent on it and it interferes with my sleep. And I think that bits of silence in my day are good. A few months ago I discovered that I am actually trying to fill in all silent or otherwise empty moments with something to keep me from thinking too much or feeling. I was actually very successful at this, but the effect was that I started to lose my sense of self.

I've been trying to quit this habit for a while, and now it's time that I do this. It's just a small step forward and it won't revolutionize my life, but I need to do this at one point and I have procrastinated long enough. So let's do this now. I am ready to face the silence.

Anyone else have notice a similar pattern? Or is this just me?
The Following User Says Thank You to Jacksper For This Useful Post:
PI-ADHD 29 (10-10-18)
Old 10-10-18, 03:48 PM

PI-ADHD 29 is on a distinguished road
Re: Sleeping with a podcast on..

Good determination! I also turn on a political discussion program or documentary on tv when i go to sleep for years.