ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Old 10-11-18, 04:41 AM

Shimmeron is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Is there ANY Adderall brands that works!!!

I've taken Adderall ir since 1999. I've never had problems. Suddenly earlier this year the generic Teva Adderall ir didn't work anymore. So I switched pharmacies, but to my horror they gave me Teva too! But strangely enough it worked! I was finally free of the emotional anguish of not being able to function!!! But after 6 months it suddenly didn't work again. My nightmare had began again! It came w/ new side effects like extreme apathy and depression. So I went to another pharmacy and just bought the name brand and it worked again, my life had been given back to me again!!!

But now that I went back to college I can no longer afford the costly name brand Adderall anymore, so I've got bad generic refills for 2 months straight from both Barr, and Aurobindo...they didn't work and the bad side effects were back, along with a foggy fatigue.My emotionally exhaustive journey has left me a shell of a woman! My grades in graduate school are slipping.

After reading through the posts on this site I noticed a lot of opinions on which 2018 generic Adderall ir brands work best. But their are some inconsistencies. One brand will get 4-6 thumbs up, but will also get a couple of thumbs down.

So my question is this: Which generic brand is anomalously, or near-anomalously liked by most??? Please share your advice, my life is catapulting out of control!!! I live near Salt Lake City, does anyone know of a good pharmacy?
Old 10-11-18, 12:12 PM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 32,270 Times in 14,935 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Is there ANY Adderall brands that works!!!

I have a few questions...Is this IR you are talking about? Who makes the brand name adderall ir? For some reason I thought there were only generic makers of that drug and not a brand anymore. I literally just got done on a trial of the teva 20mg ir because my insurance company stopped covering my xr. I hated it, absolutely hated it. It kept me from falling asleep but thats basically it. I was less focused according to my husband and my mood suffered. I had horrible anxiety and I felt like my heart was racing. Now to be fair, I was on 20mg xr 4 times a day for years...so I do not know if this is a brand thing or an ir thing. My doctor seemed to think it is an ir thing based on how the medication is released. I have a physical layout that requires longer lasting drugs multiple times a day so if its me giving you advice I would recommend trying the xr. I just got back from my doc appt and pharmacy and paid out of pocker for the xr while I appeal things with my insurance.

I carried a watermelon?
Old 10-11-18, 07:06 PM

Shimmeron is on a distinguished road
Re: Is there ANY Adderall brands that works!!!

I refer to them as generic brands, although they are not name brands. Maybe I'll just refer to them as meds.

The generic Adderall ir meds that haven't worked for me are Teva, Barr and Aurobindo. There was one more that didn't work (white pill) but I threw out the bottle and can't remember the brand.

Strangely enough the Teva brand didn't work a couple of times, but then it began working again. These were back to back months when this happened, so if anyone thinks its because my body has become tolerant to the meds, or my blood or pH has changed in my body during that time would be wrong.

I suspect they have different recipes for different distribution centers around the country. Teva is now composed of 3 companies = Teva, Barr and I heard theirs a 3rd, maybe Pasco ??? But anyways, I'm about to go pick up a new script at a pharmacy that carries one of the last known Teva brands that actually worked for me. I can only pray they too didn't switch out to a new recipe. I canít afford to fail grad school!

I tried the extended release a couple years back and it just didn't work for me. Only the reg tablets worked.
Sponsored Links