ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 06-03-14, 12:03 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 27,052 Times in 13,137 Posts
stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute
Fluctuating energy levels

Does this happen to anyone else:

Yesterday I was feeling great until late afternoon. I had tons of energy and was productive. But then it was like I was TOO happy, I "forgot" to concentrate and it just all slipped out of my hands. I spent way too much time online at work...decided to just "do everything tomorrow morning", then I was completely scattered when I got home, ended up doing nothing at home either, and making dinner an annoying 15 min too late (we eat very late as it is). And I didn't sleep well.

so this morning I felt awful, puffy-eyed etc and overwhelmed, but a little better when I left the house and ended up doing the things that had overwhelmed me, thinking about them as soon as I woke up....then no energy again and terribly sad for some reason, but I ended up having a nice lunch and brightened up for the rest of the afternoon.

The problem is: feeling amazing, and actually not getting anywhere or finally having a bad day; feeling tired or out of sorts, and then the day ends up being ok!

I remember this confusing me even back in high school.

Last edited by stef; 06-03-14 at 12:29 PM..
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to stef For This Useful Post:
eclectic beagle (06-03-14), Fuzzy12 (06-03-14), sarek (06-03-14), someothertime (06-03-14), Stevuke79 (06-03-14), Timberline (06-03-14)
Old 06-03-14, 01:52 PM
mod-estly regulated

Thanked 5,447 Times in 2,992 Posts
someothertime has a reputation beyond reputesomeothertime has a reputation beyond reputesomeothertime has a reputation beyond reputesomeothertime has a reputation beyond reputesomeothertime has a reputation beyond reputesomeothertime has a reputation beyond reputesomeothertime has a reputation beyond reputesomeothertime has a reputation beyond reputesomeothertime has a reputation beyond reputesomeothertime has a reputation beyond reputesomeothertime has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Fluctuating energy levels

Had this alot! Noticed more recently that much of this mysteriously co-incided with excess sugar! Like groundhog day tho' without a tattoo on my forehead, tommorrow will no doubt see the saga continue!!!

Stef! Just randomly noticed you have 10,000 thanks! Let's celebrate LOL! ( seriously tho' that is alot of good karma swirling around there )
~ SB_UK ~
The Following User Says Thank You to someothertime For This Useful Post:
stef (06-03-14)
Old 06-03-14, 02:21 PM
Moderator of mind and heart

Thanked 21,271 Times in 8,601 Posts
sarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, count me in. I hate it. I can have a wonderful day, and then completely crash the next day.
I tried to get 'behind' it using self awareness methods but it just keeps cycling up and down and there's not a thing I can do about it. There is only one thing more annoying than to be on an evil rollercoaster and that is to be on one and know that you are on it.
someothertime (06-03-14), stef (06-03-14)
Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-14, 03:18 PM
ADDvanced Member

Sunlovinlady is a glorious beacon of lightSunlovinlady is a glorious beacon of lightSunlovinlady is a glorious beacon of lightSunlovinlady is a glorious beacon of lightSunlovinlady is a glorious beacon of lightSunlovinlady is a glorious beacon of light

Totally understand! I get super low energy right after lunch time until late afternoon/early evening and then I can focus and have energy again sometimes. I never know what to expect though. A lot of it has to do with how much I slept and if I ate in the last two hours. Not fun.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sunlovinlady For This Useful Post:
someothertime (06-03-14), stef (06-03-14)