ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > PARENTS OF CHILDREN WITH ADD/ADHD > Children's Diagnosis & Treatment
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Children's Diagnosis & Treatment This forums is for parents to discuss issues related to diagnosis and treament of children with AD/HD

Old 08-22-17, 09:29 AM

Cris1968 is on a distinguished road
Coconut oil in ADHD

Hello, recently I read about the benefits of using coconut oil in improuving the behavior of children with ADHD and autism. If someone use this product, I appreciate if he can share with us obout this. Thank you.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cris1968 For This Useful Post:
mildadhd (08-24-17)
Old 08-22-17, 09:36 AM

hutchie0109 is on a distinguished road
Re: Coconut oil in ADHD

I have and it tastes nice
Old 08-22-17, 12:19 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 23,929 Times in 11,074 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Nope. Nope. And nope.

My daughter started using coconut oil in cooking and baking a couple of years
ago to improve our diets because my granddaughter has diabetes type 2.

I haven't seen any changes in behavior, she still gets frustrated and angry and
hangry and hits her mother.

Unfortunately I can't eat any of that baked stuff 'cause I'm allergic to coconut.
I don't like the taste or smell anyway.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following User Says Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
aeon (08-23-17)
Sponsored Links
Old 08-23-17, 02:53 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 29,463 Times in 13,373 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

This is not true.

I carried a watermelon?

I've always been one of a kind. It just hasnt always been positive.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
aeon (08-23-17), Little Missy (08-23-17)
Old 08-23-17, 10:01 AM

Thanked 12,851 Times in 5,707 Posts
aeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond repute

Coconut oil improves the pocketbook of those selling it to gullible people who want to believe there is a treatment method other than the tried and true and clinically-verified.

Meds Is the Way,
Ian
Caco3girl (08-23-17), Emre22 (09-02-17), Little Missy (08-23-17)
Old 08-24-17, 03:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeon View Post
Coconut oil improves the pocketbook of those selling it to gullible people who want to believe there is a treatment method other than the tried and true and clinically-verified.

Meds Is the Way,
Ian
I tried the most popular meds on the world : Straterra ( last year 10 days) - became violent but I saw improvement on attention- and last month - just one pill - CONCERTA - - he became zombie- so I I searching for subtitutes - supplement in order to help him.
We will start ESPRICO - when the school will begin ( in Sept. ) this is a suppl with omega, zn and mg - Made in Germany. - He took in the past - a lot but the result was not as I espected...
In Romania the only med approuved for ADHD are Straterra and COncerta for children after 6 years old.

My son talks a lot, he has echolalic speech...
Old 08-24-17, 11:21 AM

Thanked 23,929 Times in 11,074 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cris1968 View Post
I tried the most popular meds on the world : Straterra ( last year 10 days) - became violent but I saw improvement on attention- and last month - just one pill - CONCERTA - - he became zombie- so I I searching for subtitutes - supplement in order to help him.
We will start ESPRICO - when the school will begin ( in Sept. ) this is a suppl with omega, zn and mg - Made in Germany. - He took in the past - a lot but the result was not as I espected...
In Romania the only med approuved for ADHD are Straterra and COncerta for children after 6 years old.

I know it's hard, but it's often needed to try different doses of these meds.
You don't know if things would change after a week on the meds, or after
changing the dose.

Even the first medication I took for high blood pressure made me so tired
and it took a couple of weeks for my body to get used to the change. It was
able to relax and rest after working so hard to pump the blood.

Something like that happens with the meds for some people, the brain is able
to relax and rest after working so hard with non-stop thoughts and sensory
input. But then it gets used to the change and everything is better.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following User Says Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
aeon (08-24-17)
Old 08-24-17, 06:31 PM

mildadhd has disabled reputation

Quote:
Hello, recently I read about the benefits of using coconut oil in improuving the behavior of children with ADHD and autism. If someone use this product, I appreciate if he can share with us obout this. Thank you.
I have not tried specifically coconut oil only, yet. (Not sure the differences)

My behaviour feels better if I drink coconut milk, verses, how my behaviour feels if I drink cows milk.

M
Old 09-02-17, 06:29 PM

After the first 6 days , my child lost weight, he no longer eats sweets, just a little bit ( his hunger of sweet dissapered) so we are very happy. Just with 5 ml of coconut oil, per day this miracle happened. We continue to give him, because we will start th eschool and his hyper must be slow down with risperidone. which in the past made him so FAT. We hope coconut oil with do its job. I want that you to know.
Old 09-02-17, 06:48 PM
Contributor

Emre22 is a jewel in the roughEmre22 is a jewel in the roughEmre22 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:

you didnt mention adderall vyvanse and other amphetamines salts.
maybe you can get these medicines in another european country and they may work for your children.

In Turkey it is same , only methylphenidate and atomoxetine are approved.

But i heard that amphetamine salts are approved for treatment in some EU countries.

i have read a little about coconut oil after this thread and it seemed like another "snake oil" product
Old 09-03-17, 07:47 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 29,463 Times in 13,373 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
After the first 6 days , my child lost weight, he no longer eats sweets, just a little bit ( his hunger of sweet dissapered) so we are very happy. Just with 5 ml of coconut oil, per day this miracle happened. We continue to give him, because we will start th eschool and his hyper must be slow down with risperidone. which in the past made him so FAT. We hope coconut oil with do its job. I want that you to know.
Its good that this is helping with your child's sweets issue but I do not believe it will help with adhd.

I carried a watermelon?

I've always been one of a kind. It just hasnt always been positive.
Old 09-03-17, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
Its good that this is helping with your child's sweets issue but I do not believe it will help with adhd.
Me too, but helps with the weight..