ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > CO-EXISTING CONDITIONS > Other Co-Existing Conditions
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 11-04-18, 04:57 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

kwalk is a name known to allkwalk is a name known to allkwalk is a name known to allkwalk is a name known to allkwalk is a name known to allkwalk is a name known to all
Vision problems and adhd

I was just diagnosed with mild astigmatism in both eyes, where I was diagnosed astigmatism years before in one eye and I never learned the benefit. Now I can focus much better without the words floating around like a spacey feeling and getting tired. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this and how much better your focusing became? I would also encourage other to look into it who haven’t responded much to stimulants. Also have an interesting read about visual problems and adhd correlation.

Recent Study Shows Links Between ADHD and Vision Problems

“Sometimes you've got to let everything go - purge yourself. If you are unhappy with anything . . . whatever is bringing you down, get rid of it. Because you'll find that when you're free, your true creativity, your true self comes out.”

Last edited by namazu; 11-04-18 at 04:21 PM.. Reason: Removed link to commercial website & replaced with print-friendly version without ads. See ADDF guidelines.
Old 11-04-18, 07:00 AM

PI-ADHD 29 is on a distinguished road
Re: Vision problems and adhd

I had thought to open such a thread. I have astigmatism+myope in both of my eyes for at least 15 years.
Started with ritalin 10 mg (worked only for two weeks)
Then:strattera 80 mg+54 mg concerta +20 mg ritalin (didn't work because of tolerance)
Now:Strattera 80 mg+modiwake(modafinil) 200 mg+brintellix (vortioxetine) 10 mg
For about two years local corticosteroid pomades for atopic dermatitis.
The Following User Says Thank You to PI-ADHD 29 For This Useful Post:
kwalk (11-04-18)
Old 11-04-18, 10:42 AM

Thanked 6,037 Times in 2,500 Posts
kilted_scotsman has a reputation beyond reputekilted_scotsman has a reputation beyond reputekilted_scotsman has a reputation beyond reputekilted_scotsman has a reputation beyond reputekilted_scotsman has a reputation beyond reputekilted_scotsman has a reputation beyond reputekilted_scotsman has a reputation beyond reputekilted_scotsman has a reputation beyond reputekilted_scotsman has a reputation beyond reputekilted_scotsman has a reputation beyond reputekilted_scotsman has a reputation beyond repute

Interestingly the Dopamine pathway also plays a part in eye development.
The Following User Says Thank You to kilted_scotsman For This Useful Post:
kwalk (11-04-18)
Sponsored Links
Old 11-04-18, 12:54 PM

kwalk is a name known to allkwalk is a name known to allkwalk is a name known to allkwalk is a name known to allkwalk is a name known to allkwalk is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilted_scotsman View Post
Interestingly the Dopamine pathway also plays a part in eye development.

Not surprised, my energy levels can still highly affect my vision.
“Sometimes you've got to let everything go - purge yourself. If you are unhappy with anything . . . whatever is bringing you down, get rid of it. Because you'll find that when you're free, your true creativity, your true self comes out.”