ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Desoxyn
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Desoxyn methamphetamine hydrochloride (also known as desoxyephedrine)

Old 02-03-18, 07:54 PM

elite242lbs is on a distinguished road
Mayne not the same?

I have been taking Mayne generic of Desoxyn for my entire time on this med. I found out after I had mailed my script to Walgreens Mail Order that it was back ordered and no other information of when it would become available could be provided. I had to pick up something easily available, I went back on Vyvanse for a couple of weeks while I waited for Mayne or Walgreens to get their **** together.

So finally, after being on Vyvanse which has had me all types of weird, I call Walgreens Mail and low and behold, methamphetamine 5mg is available again. They expedited them o me and within a couple of days I am back on. Unfortunately, it seems as I am suffering adverse effects from this new batch. I had never suffered any such side effects before. I'm feeling tired, headaches, sick to my stomach, physical sides that were not problematic on Desoxyn. I have two little girls, 1 and 3m and I want to be normal so I can interact and just play with them. Same thing with my wife who suffers from all this crap. I don't even know what to think, I'm so confused and I'm stuck with a 90 day supply. Did something change with me or is this a new formula? I can't seem to find any more information.
Old 02-03-18, 09:04 PM
ADDvanced Member

relax21 is a jewel in the roughrelax21 is a jewel in the roughrelax21 is a jewel in the rough
Re: Mayne not the same?

Hi, elite242lbs - you're not alone. I haven't been satisfied with Mayne's generic methamphetamine consistency either. I recently ordered West-Ward's generic methamphetamine to see if there's any difference comparing both generics, using Desoxyn brand name as my baseline for how the drug should work.

West-Ward methamphetamine does exist, it is a white round tablet (it's slightly smaller than generic Mayne's and brand name Recordati's tablets) with a "54" on one side and a "681" on the opposite side, unscored. It's too soon for me to say how West-ward compares to Mayne, but I'll let you know once I get a better understanding of its effectiveness for me.
The Following User Says Thank You to relax21 For This Useful Post:
elite242lbs (02-04-18)
Old 02-04-18, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by relax21 View Post
Hi, elite242lbs - you're not alone. I haven't been satisfied with Mayne's generic methamphetamine consistency either. I recently ordered West-Ward's generic methamphetamine to see if there's any difference comparing both generics, using Desoxyn brand name as my baseline for how the drug should work.

West-Ward methamphetamine does exist, it is a white round tablet (it's slightly smaller than generic Mayne's and brand name Recordati's tablets) with a "54" on one side and a "681" on the opposite side, unscored. It's too soon for me to say how West-ward compares to Mayne, but I'll let you know once I get a better understanding of its effectiveness for me.
Hi relax21, thatís great news bc this is a nightmare. Please do share your experiences with West-Ward. Iíll have to wait a couple of months before I send in a new script. Thank you very much for your input!
Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-18, 01:39 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 21,528 Times in 11,548 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by elite242lbs View Post
Hi relax21, thatís great news bc this is a nightmare. Please do share your experiences with West-Ward. Iíll have to wait a couple of months before I send in a new script. Thank you very much for your input!
check the NDC numbers on the before bottles and the new bottles. A new number is a sure mark of a changed "recipe"

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
elite242lbs (02-04-18), relax21 (02-06-18)
Old 02-06-18, 03:49 PM
ADDvanced Member

relax21 is a jewel in the roughrelax21 is a jewel in the roughrelax21 is a jewel in the rough

So, after a week on West-Ward's generic I have to say that West-Ward is much more consistent in its tablets delivery of the drug over the day - it's not quite as edgy feeling like Mayne's generic. On West-Ward, I feel more comfortable and normal - it's like putting on the correct strength of prescription glasses.

In my opinion, West-Ward is definitely comparable to brand name in its ability to provide smoother delivery and coverage of the drug without feeling like you're medicated (if that makes sense). It does feel slightly different to brand name but it's as close as your going to get with a generic medication - I just wish all generics were as consistent as the brand name (there needs to be better oversight from the FDA on the manufacturing processes of all generic medications).

What I dislike about Mayne's current formula of their tablets is that the drug absorbs either too fast or too slow and due to those inconsistencies I can't truly find a daily consistency in meeting that perfect balance and I'm left either feeling focused, feeling unmedicated, or worse, feeling like a zombie. Overall with generic medications you could be getting between 80%-110% of the active ingredient in each tablet, whereas brand name you're going to be getting a better consistent average dosage closer to 100% of the active ingredient in each tablet.

West-Ward is definitely worth asking for as an alternative that is closer to brand name quality, and give it a months trial if you're dissatisfied with Mayne. Keep in mind, everyone's body reacts differently to these medications; the fillers/binders, and how well it's absorbed - your experience may vary. I'm just happy that there are more alternative choices available in the generic and brand name methamphetamine HCl market, so we can find what version works best for us in treating our symptoms effectively.
The Following User Says Thank You to relax21 For This Useful Post:
elite242lbs (02-06-18)
Old 02-06-18, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by relax21 View Post
So, after a week on West-Ward's generic I have to say that West-Ward is much more consistent in its tablets delivery of the drug over the day - it's not quite as edgy feeling like Mayne's generic. On West-Ward, I feel more comfortable and normal - it's like putting on the correct strength of prescription glasses.

In my opinion, West-Ward is definitely comparable to brand name in its ability to provide smoother delivery and coverage of the drug without feeling like you're medicated (if that makes sense). It does feel slightly different to brand name but it's as close as your going to get with a generic medication - I just wish all generics were as consistent as the brand name (there needs to be better oversight from the FDA on the manufacturing processes of all generic medications).

What I dislike about Mayne's current formula of their tablets is that the drug absorbs either too fast or too slow and due to those inconsistencies I can't truly find a daily consistency in meeting that perfect balance and I'm left either feeling focused, feeling unmedicated, or worse, feeling like a zombie. Overall with generic medications you could be getting between 80%-110% of the active ingredient in each tablet, whereas brand name you're going to be getting a better consistent average dosage closer to 100% of the active ingredient in each tablet.

West-Ward is definitely worth asking for as an alternative that is closer to brand name quality, and give it a months trial if you're dissatisfied with Mayne. Keep in mind, everyone's body reacts differently to these medications; the fillers/binders, and how well it's absorbed - your experience may vary. I'm just happy that there are more alternative choices available in the generic and brand name methamphetamine HCl market, so we can find what version works best for us in treating our symptoms effectively.
Was hoping it would. I wish I would have been able to try the brand name version too.

Unfortunately, my mail order pharmacy is not willing to order West-Ward for me but I will try to find a pharmacist who will help me. Thank you again, I would have never known of this other manufacturer as an option. Iím also looking for another doctor who is more willing to help me but havenít had much luck in South Florida.
Old 02-28-18, 03:33 AM
ADDvanced Member

aur462 is on a distinguished road

I began Mayne meth less than a week ago. I have no prior experience with the drug so canít compare. Iíve liked the effects but 15mg daily will need increasing. Prior I tried Adderall IR, Vyvanse, MPH and dextroamp.

Itís a smoother drug for me than the other amps (which started to give me fevers after taking it a year +). Once I get my dose dialed in, it seems plausible it will be my most effective adhd med overall.

Unrelated, itís cool having a bottle that reads, plain as day, ďmethamphetamineĒ
Old 06-16-18, 11:53 PM

b3nault is on a distinguished road

When first trying generic Desoxyn back in 2012-2013, I was taking the Mylan version which was fantastic. Iím currently taking Mayne, and itís definetly not like I remember Mylan being. It is very inconsistent to say the least. Is West Ward generic still available? Going to see if they can order that brand before moving on to the ďbrandĒ name version.