ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Ritalin
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Ritalin (methylphenidate)

Old 06-17-18, 04:31 AM
ADDvanced Member

Barbrady1 is on a distinguished road
Re: The effects of working out on methylphenidate

Someone said that dairy has an impact on ritalin’s absorption, and therefore shouldn’t be consumed within one hour of administration of the stimulant. I add whey powder to post-workout shakes, so now I am making sure that it’s consumed at least an hour after I have taken my meds.

However, I’m beginning to suspect it’s all my own fault as I haven’t been consistent with the timings of each dose. Consequently, I think I have been sleep deprived for weeks.
Old 06-17-18, 11:37 PM

wickedpeterock is on a distinguished road
Re: The effects of working out on methylphenidate

I'd suggest the simple things first...

- Stop taking your meds for 2-3 days but dont change anything else. Then take the meds and see if you feel any better. This will help determine if your dosage is off and will also let you know if your body built a tollerance.

- Change your diet and time of exercise, and dont take your meds until after you workout. Working out should help your dopimine, not hurt it.