ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 05-15-10, 03:02 PM

Caliberzzz is on a distinguished road
Red face the feeling that you get when your working on an activity or having fun or anything

You know that feeling that people usually get when working on something or having fun? Ex) Say your playing a videogame you start at 12 o'clock but when you look back at the clock you realize its already 8' o' clock even though it feels as if its only been an hour or so. Well for some reason for me this doesnt happen at all regardless of the activity. It feels as if I'm Stuck in time "Zoned Out" I guess.

However when I was younger i use to experience this feeling when playing a game or working on something. Now it's like no matter what this doesnt happen. I'm going to say around the age of 13 is when i realized something had changed everything in time had become slower. What could this be caused by? I went on concerta around the age of 14. When on concerta everything seemed to move fast again the feeling of hours feeling almost like minutes had returned.

Well I became addicted to this feeling and started overdosing to the point were my mom took me off medication. Well the decision to overdose on concerta is still effecting me today. I'm pretty sure I suffer from Paranoid schizophrenia I hear sometimes hear voices that aren't there. Im pretty sure this is caused by to much dopamine in my brain due to the overdosing. I finally went back to another psychiatrist and told here about the zoned out feeling and some other issue i have with obsessive thoughts well she diagnosed me with OCD (not the actual doctor the counsler). As I tend to get stuck on things for months at a time to the point were i cant focus or care about anything else. So after months of research i've come to a conclusion that I have ADD/OCD and maybe a little schiz the OCD and schiz come in episodes almost. I seem to hallucinate mainly when stressed out. I can get OCD over a girl or exercise how I look etc.. however I eventually lose intrest and move on to something new. I seem to get schiz when im OCD on something stressful. Ex of my schiz. I could be making a sandwich and the tv's on in the other room and it sounds like the people on the tv are talking about me or what I'm thinking bout. I also have extreme lack of emotion due to the fact that I was so paranoid about certain things that i dont care anymore almost and I've read that lack of emotion is a sign of schiz. My ADD seems to be always there as everything seems to move slow. OCD can give me advantage at times because whatever im focused on in my thougths i work hard at it but also horrible because if its a bad thing it can interfere with everything friends etc.. Actually right now I'm "stuck" on these disorders lol.

I've come to understand that all 3 are based around 2 nuerotransmitters either lacking them or have an over amount of them. Too much dopamine OCD/overfocus and Schiz. They can also be caused by not enough seritonin. However all i really care about is the zoned out feeling. Its as if my brain is overproducing dopamine and no norepinephrine. I seem not to get stimulated in any activity. I believe people call it being in the "zone" I just want that feeling again. Please someone give some info on this feeling and the parts of the brain that have to do with it any supplements something. PLEASE.
Old 05-15-10, 05:57 PM

Re: the feeling that you get when your working on an activity or having fun or anythi

This feeling to be exact Distortions in the experience of time - You realize that you've been writing for three hours when it felt like one. What parts of the brain have to do with this how can i increase it or make it happen again. Things like tea, coffee, dont work.
Old 05-15-10, 06:09 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Mincan is a splendid one to beholdMincan is a splendid one to beholdMincan is a splendid one to beholdMincan is a splendid one to beholdMincan is a splendid one to beholdMincan is a splendid one to beholdMincan is a splendid one to beholdMincan is a splendid one to behold
Re: the feeling that you get when your working on an activity or having fun or anythi

Focus more on metaphysics, rather than neuroscience.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-10, 06:40 PM

Why should i do that?
Old 05-15-10, 06:55 PM
Contributor

LoveSoCal06 is a jewel in the roughLoveSoCal06 is a jewel in the roughLoveSoCal06 is a jewel in the rough

Im going to say that i understand how you feel about the feeling you get when you get into a mentally stimulateing activity or "fun" activity and i think that i can relate to you as far as that goes. I cant touch giving any advice or opinion about your OCD or your Hearing things/seeing things because i myself have never had to deal with thoes issues. So im going to say i think that it is easier when we are younger to get that good feeling when we are doing an activity possably because we have less serious things to worry about another reason could be that our brains when were children just all out work differently and make it easier for us to be mentaly stimulated in almost a Fantasy type mode for thoes hrs that go by that seem like only a few min. I dont think any pill or vitamin can MAKE you be able to do this again...I suppose if you have a form of or ADD/ADHD then you could see a dr to get properly diagnosed and if that is the case go on a medication to HELP ASSIST in your being able to Focus on a subject BUT that would only HELP not fix the problem with focus because i belive you also have to do your part in helping train yourself in dealing with your problems. I think what i just said would be advice to someone who wanted to improve there focus do to add/adhd. I DO NOT think you should "fixate" all your energy on getting info and diagnosing yourself then going in to be diagnosed and getting on a medication that will give you a GOOD FEELING, that is not what the medication should be taken for because that will eventually lead you down your road of addiction and chaseing that Feeling.ADD might not be your problem at all tho and you might want to concider maybe seeing a DR to talk about your issues on a reg basis and look more twards getting on a medication that helps with the "schitzophrenec" and your Anxiety that goes along with your OCD and that might start to help you gain some of your focus back........im not a dr and i have not been in your exact situation but im just offering some of my thoughts and opinions on said matter. I hope you can pick something out of all of this to find some relief in your struggle with all of what your going through. remember nothing is a quick fix and you cant rely on meds to do it all without doing your part to help yourself. good luck!
Old 05-15-10, 07:55 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Mincan is a splendid one to beholdMincan is a splendid one to beholdMincan is a splendid one to beholdMincan is a splendid one to beholdMincan is a splendid one to beholdMincan is a splendid one to beholdMincan is a splendid one to beholdMincan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliberzzz View Post
Why should i do that?
It might help you. I don't know why, that's why you asked for opinions right?
The Following User Says Thank You to Mincan For This Useful Post:
LoveSoCal06 (05-15-10)
Old 05-15-10, 07:58 PM

adhd_life will become famous soon enough

This is interesting. usually the clock goes slow for me when I am bored, tired or just want to do something else.

Not sure why but I think it is quite normal to be this way. Normal? Did I say that?
The Following User Says Thank You to adhd_life For This Useful Post:
LoveSoCal06 (05-15-10)
Old 05-15-10, 08:14 PM

sijd has a spectacular aura aboutsijd has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliberzzz View Post
I also have extreme lack of emotion due to the fact that I was so paranoid about certain things that i dont care anymore almost and I've read that lack of emotion is a sign of schiz
Not just a lack of emotions, but also problems with motivation and concentration - in fact there's very little in your post that doesn't sound like the negative symptoms of schizophrenia

You do get meds for that, right ?
The Following User Says Thank You to sijd For This Useful Post:
LoveSoCal06 (05-15-10)
Old 05-15-10, 08:20 PM
Contributor

LoveSoCal06 is a jewel in the roughLoveSoCal06 is a jewel in the roughLoveSoCal06 is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs up Re: the feeling that you get when your working on an activity or having fun or anythi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sijd View Post
not just a lack of emotions, but also problems with motivation and concentration - in fact there's very little in your post that doesn't sound like the negative symptoms of schizophrenia

you do get meds for that, right ?

exactly
Old 05-15-10, 08:26 PM

adhd_life will become famous soon enough

I seem to always have a hard time with spelling the word schizophrenia I wonder if this and other activities like, can perhaps recreate the notion that Time indeed can pass by quickly if only we can occupy our minds.