ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-18, 11:21 PM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 15,044 Times in 7,495 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Come on In If You're Online And Say Anything: Part III

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeon View Post
The boyfriend asked me if I had taken pictures for social media, and I said absolutely not, and he was free to look at my phone if he wanted.

He declined but thanked me for the offer.

I thought about that afterwards, and realized some people would, and that made me feel sad and a bit disgusted.

Taking advantage of a human being in distress or need is...I dunno what to say. Abhorrent?

Shakes Head,
Ian
(((((((Aeon)))))))

I like this post.

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
aeon (02-28-18), stef (02-28-18)
Old 02-28-18, 02:52 AM

psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

It's midnight.
...And I'm feeling all bouncy and hyper inside.

Please everyone wake up and come play with me!! lol

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

Old 02-28-18, 05:19 PM
Contrapunctual Moderator

Thanked 20,575 Times in 10,338 Posts
namazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond repute

Reminder from the moderators:
Public threads are meant to be supportive and welcoming to members of all backgrounds and political affiliations.

In order to maintain that atmosphere, political discussions of all kinds -- even sideways jokes that you think are harmless/funny -- are prohibited on the open forum. Discussion of politics/politicians is only permitted in the private Debates section. (Contact any supermoderator for the password if you wish to participate in that section.)

Posts concerning politicians may be removed, and members may receive warnings and infractions if they continue to violate this guideline.

Sorry to be a drag, but members have historically demonstrated that we cannot have open discussion of politics without adversely affecting the supportive atmosphere of the forums, and the mere mention of some politicians is enough to get the comments flying. Thank you for your cooperation.

Last edited by namazu; 02-28-18 at 05:36 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to namazu For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (02-28-18)
Sponsored Links
Old 02-28-18, 08:53 PM

It's okay Nam-Nams

I think we all know you're only just doing your job of making sure us trouble makers () follow the rules here. You're just the messenger

(((((((Namazu)))))))

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

Old 02-28-18, 09:11 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 25,907 Times in 12,084 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychopathetic View Post
It's okay Nam-Nams

I think we all know you're only just doing your job of making sure us trouble makers () follow the rules here. You're just the messenger

(((((((Namazu)))))))

I am NOT a trouble maker ... usually.

I've never known which it is that makes things like this so difficult for me to
understand, the adhd or the autism? I really thought by not using a particular
name that my post would be okay.

Saying that all politicians are liars is like saying all doctors have a bed-side
manner (although some are clearly better at it than others).

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following User Says Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
Old 02-28-18, 09:32 PM

Are you diagnosed with autism Lun-Luns? Or is it something you suspect and just 'know' you have?

I suspect I may have some high functioning autism going on. I don't know for sure...it's just something I've suspected for several years.

(((((((Lunsy)))))))

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

Old 02-28-18, 10:42 PM

Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Are you diagnosed with autism Lun-Luns? Or is it something you suspect and just 'know' you have?

I suspect I may have some high functioning autism going on. I don't know for sure...it's just something I've suspected for several years.

(((((((Lunsy)))))))
Not diagnosed. Highly suspect. 15 years ago I was so happy to start learning
about adhd and to know that I wasn't just a cheese-head, that there are others
like me. But as time went on I realized that adhd didn't answer everything.

When we got my youngest granddaughter diagnosed with autism 11 years ago
I saw so many of the same symptoms in both of us. I didn't think there was
much point in getting a diagnosis at the age of 56, it was enough to know
that I really am not just a cheese-head. There is a real medical reason for my
symptoms.

The psychiatrist we've been seeing for 11 years isn't big on labels, he prefers
to treat symptoms whatever they are. So getting a diagnosis from him wouldn't
be easy, I'd have to seek out someone who specialized in adult diagnosis.

It's interesting to see that my whole family, daughter and 2 granddaughters,
all have different sensory issues, but it's something that affects all of us.

And yeah, you are one of the members here who I strongly suspect has autism,
but it's none of my business unless the other person brings it up.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following User Says Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
Old 02-28-18, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunacie View Post
When we got my youngest granddaughter diagnosed with autism 11 years ago
I saw so many of the same symptoms in both of us.
Ah yes. I remember you talking about this here on the forums before.

Thanks for sharing.

/hearts his Lunsy

(((((((Lunacie)))))))

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following User Says Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (02-28-18)
Old 03-01-18, 12:12 PM

Did the time change last night?

Woke up and my watch was an hour ahead of my computer. Google searched it, and indeed my watch was wrong...but it doesn't show that it's daylight savings.

Just odd.

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

Old 03-01-18, 01:05 PM

Thanked 14,555 Times in 6,500 Posts
aeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond repute

I dove in and did the long forensics slog through the books for 2017, and after hours, I found the entry that was the culprit, such that my reconciliation was $0.01 off.

Now, I am balanced out fully...all credits and debits sum to a big fat zero.

Cheers,
Ian
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aeon For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (03-01-18), stef (03-04-18)
Old 03-01-18, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Did the time change last night?

Woke up and my watch was an hour ahead of my computer. Google searched it, and indeed my watch was wrong...but it doesn't show that it's daylight savings.

Just odd.
How strange. We don't spring forward until March 11th this year, and it always
happens on a Saturday night/Sunday morning.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (03-01-18), stef (03-04-18)
Old 03-03-18, 11:53 PM

Thanked 14,555 Times in 6,500 Posts
aeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing is so charming as someone with cognitive-social deficits and a personality disorder.

And out of political correctness, all manner of abuses and vindictive behaviors are given a pass.

But I'm just saying this in the abstract, dontcha know? I mean, I'm no clinician, after all, so what do I know?

Cheers,
Ian
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aeon For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (03-04-18), stef (03-04-18)
Old 03-04-18, 01:43 AM

((((((((((((((Midnightstar))))))))))))))

Just thought you could use an extra e-(((hug))) tonight (actually it's morning for you on your little dot of the world).

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

midnightstar (03-04-18), stef (03-04-18)
Old 03-04-18, 06:00 AM

Thanked 11,261 Times in 5,501 Posts
daveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond repute

I don’t say it enough. But I love you ❤️ guys man. No like really. I love you guys man
aeon (03-04-18), Little Missy (03-04-18), Lunacie (03-04-18), psychopathetic (03-04-18), stef (03-04-18)
Old 03-04-18, 06:11 AM

Hey there King Daves

I miss having you (and a bunch of other people) around here more regularly

(((((((King Daves)))))))

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

daveddd (03-04-18), stef (03-04-18)