ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Old 07-20-10, 10:44 PM
Jr Member

michael_y2k is on a distinguished road
will i find a doc who will let me take everyday

ok i used to take adderall 30 xr and 20 ir everyday ( a lot i know). well i thought my doc wanted me to take it everyday, but then years later i find out that he doesnt want me to (i lost some weight i have since regained).

well when i go to college next year will it be possible to get a doctor to prescribed that again. i really need it (im a little out of it socially and mentally when im off the meds) , will it be hard to find a doc who would allow this again.

i miss the days i was able to be on them everyday, i could actually function. can someone please tell me that those days arent over and will resume once i get a new doc in college?
Old 07-20-10, 11:10 PM

LifetimePI is on a distinguished road
Re: will i find a doc who will let me take everyday

most doctors give it every day, and even up to four times a day.

i used to be a pharmacy tech and i never saw any prescriptions for less than 30 tablets.

Id say Kids 5-17= Every Day

18-26 = Doctors more likely to prescribe "less" or "as needed" only.
Gotta keep fighting, say it doesnt last and i can definatly feel difference, and you feel it affects not only "Studying" but other areas too like talking to family and going and doing activities that are vital to your wellbeing.
I was diagnosed by a psycholoigist so most doctors have given me whatever i wanted basically, ive never had any "restrictions"

27+= every day as your now pretty much into adulthood heavy and they usually trust you more.

- I have seen up to 4 Times Daily Doseage for some adult patients being a tech, thats 30 mg tabs of IR ADDERALL, or sometimes Dexedrine (xr) twice a day, so its not uncommon to need a tablet every day, or if you need two dont think its so bad or uncommon. U just dont see it everyday like me

this is only if your really need it, as dont say this if you dont feel it. This is how i feel and how I explain it to the doc's. IF something is different, throw it in etc. You should really find a doctor who specializes in your age group, your ADD, etc. Try to seek him out just like you would a job- make sure you both match and click. Some 80 year old doc might be less likeley - maybe he doesnt belivee in it, etc..

Good luck in finding them as i know its not cheap, and especially if your young and parents have to pay for visit after visit but if you can, thats great as lots of ppl cant afford it or anything. But id definatly transfer if he doesnt give it every day - do you speak really rushed or maybe act wierd - it sux because its just ur emotions and ADD but he might think ur not using them as much as you say or something dumb.. I guard my medicine with my life lol no ones getting ANY!

Goodluck in college, maybe a change of location is good as new doctors. I found a great one in college, who didnt make me go every month like most **SHhh**
Old 07-20-10, 11:37 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 6,891 Times in 2,968 Posts
meridian has a reputation beyond reputemeridian has a reputation beyond reputemeridian has a reputation beyond reputemeridian has a reputation beyond reputemeridian has a reputation beyond reputemeridian has a reputation beyond reputemeridian has a reputation beyond reputemeridian has a reputation beyond reputemeridian has a reputation beyond reputemeridian has a reputation beyond reputemeridian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael_y2k View Post
well when i go to college next year will it be possible to get a doctor to prescribed that again. i really need it (im a little out of it socially and mentally when im off the meds) , will it be hard to find a doc who would allow this again.
I got the idea from your earlier post that you are still a minor, since the doc asked your parents to hide the med from you.

Certainly once you turn 18, you should have full say over your life including your medication schedule unless your doctor feels it is against your best interests.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly, what is essential is invisible to the eye." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

“Would you deny for others what you demand for yourself?” – U2

“The future ain't what it used to be.” – Yogi
Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-10, 10:43 AM
Contributor

DADHD is just really niceDADHD is just really niceDADHD is just really niceDADHD is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by meridian View Post
.....unless your doctor feels it is against your best interests.
Or against the doctor's narrow minded beliefs.
Old 07-23-10, 09:33 PM
ADDvanced Member

mezzanine is on a distinguished road

If you have a valid ADHD diagnosis then it should not be difficult at all to find a doctor who will treat you on a daily basis, since that is what the standard treatment protocol is.
Old 07-24-10, 12:01 AM
Jr Member

pushlimit is on a distinguished road

There's no benefit to having ADD symptoms, really. Any decent doctor would encourage you to take it every day so that you can increase your qualify of life and begin to form good habits. Rather than hide medication from you because you lost some weight, your parents and doctor should be making sure that you are eating healthy.
The Following User Says Thank You to pushlimit For This Useful Post:
ecu20 (07-24-10)
Old 12-15-13, 03:19 AM
Contributor

Sickle is a jewel in the roughSickle is a jewel in the roughSickle is a jewel in the rough

I get mine daily because I am hyper but I get short acting in case I only need 3-4 hours