ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Vyvanse
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine dimesylate)

Old 05-18-18, 02:12 PM

Echo123 is on a distinguished road
Cymbalta 60mg and Vyvanse 30mg?

Hi there, sorry for this wall of text and English is not my native lang.

I am a Male, 27 years old and diagnosed with ADHD and GAD. I am currently taking 60mg Cymbalta and 10mg Ritalin IR 4 times each day but I find that although Methylphenidate helps somewhat I simply cant stand the freaking crash, even tried Concerta and got crash.

I tried Vyvanse 30mg before I started the Cymbalta and it made me anxious so I did not continue to take it, but so did Ritalin it made me even more anxious before the Cymbalta and now in combo with Cymbalta it still makes me anxious but not nearly as much as it did before.

I remember Vyvanse gave me much more of a CLEAR FOCUS instead of this Tunnel Focus that Ritalin gives me.

My thought is that the Cymbalta 60mg is really helping me with anxiety and would it be "safe" to add 30mg Vyvane (to start with) instead of this Methylphenidate crashmaking amphetamine-wannabe substance?

(I would appreciate answers before I try to convince my doctor to prescribe me Vyvanse if that makes sense.)

/Echo123, 27 year old male from Sweden.
Old 05-19-18, 06:09 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 31,219 Times in 14,325 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Cymbalta 60mg and Vyvanse 30mg?

Or you could try dexerdrine which is also in vyvanse but they have an ir version of it.

I carried a watermelon?
Old 05-19-18, 07:01 AM

Thats true, but my biggest concern is if Cymbalta at the dose of 60mg can be combine with either Vyvanse 30mg or low dose of Dexedrine IR without causing serotonin syndrome?
Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-18, 12:02 PM

Update:

I went to the doctor today and he gave me 30mg Vyvanse to take for 2 weeks and after that increase to 50mg Vyvanse and if that is not "good enough" to bump it up to 2x 30mg Vyvanse. He told me that the combination of Cymbalta and Vyvanse is a very common "cocktail" and is considered safe unless miss-used.

So Im currently taking 60mg Cymbalta (Duloxetine) in the AM together with 30mg Vyvanse in the AM.

I really hope this works! <3
The Following User Says Thank You to Echo123 For This Useful Post:
PoppnNSailinMan (05-25-18)