ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Non-ADD Partner Support
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Non-ADD Partner Support This is a support forum for non-ADD partners, spouses, and significant others offering feedback from both the ADD and non-ADD perspectives

Old 10-13-04, 01:01 PM
Jr Member

SilverMoon is on a distinguished road
New to this spot Wife of undiagnosed ADD/ADHD man

Hi I just found your forums (Hi Mike! LOL). I am married to a man who is yet undiagnosed ADD. We have been married for one and a half years. In all actuality he's a really great guy and we get along wonderfully, except for his job situation, which is just about non-existant.

We were going to marriage counselling but we are switching over to going individually. He and I both want him to get officially evaluated for ADD/ADHD, but I'm not sure where to go. There are a couple places around here that I'm looking into. He just wants meds to 'fix' him and then go on with life.
Old 10-13-04, 01:49 PM

Mike911 is on a distinguished road
Welcome, Silvermoon! Send a PM to "livingwithadd" to get into the private non-ADD forum
Old 10-20-04, 05:32 PM

KarenC is on a distinguished road
I'm new as well. I'm married to a diagnosed ADDer. We tried marriage counseling but found that individual therapy worked better for us. When we're each doing well with our own issues, we find that we work better as a couple.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-20-04, 06:35 PM
Jr Member

SilverMoon is on a distinguished road
Hi Karen nice to meet you.

I'm having one heck of a time getting in contact with any of our local CHADD people... no one seems to return my calls. *sigh* not fun.
Old 10-20-04, 07:16 PM

liketalk is an unknown quantity at this point
If you want to give me a general location of where you are, I will try to get some information for you. This is for a diagnosis, right?

PM if you do not want your location widely known.