ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > New Member Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 01-19-10, 09:11 PM

Oh Shiny! is on a distinguished road
Oh Shiny! - New in Wine Country California

Hi all,
I'm brand new to this whole world as I was just diagnosed last October and have only recently begun medication treatment.
I am very interested in learning more about the unique position we find ourselves in and hope to gain a better understanding of myself and my relationship with others.
As I'm sure many of you who were diagnosed late in life know, it completely alters the way you perceive your entire life history, and once you get over the shock of reading the story of your life in a psychiatric questionnaire, you must forgive yourself for any past mistakes and get to a positive place. This is where I am, in the midst of forgiveness and self discovery.
I look forward to meeting all of you and hearing your stories, if I can remember where I put the piece of paper with my password on it
About me: I'm 36 and manage a winery tasting room in Healdsburg, CA. I have a wife and 2 year old daughter. My wife isn't sure what to make of all this and I think she worries that I'll just hide behind my diagnosis whenever I make a mistake. Managing money is my biggest concern.
I grew up in Southern California and lived in San Francisco for 10 years before relocating to wine country for a job.
I am training for a triathlon with Team in Training and find that the extra exercise really helps with my symptoms.
That's probably a good place to stop.
Cheers!
Sean
Old 01-20-10, 12:21 AM

PeteM62 has a spectacular aura aboutPeteM62 has a spectacular aura about
Re: Oh Shiny! - New in Wine Country California

Hey Sean,

Welcome! I certainly get your concern with money management. Lots of people here have handed off that responsibility. Don't have that luxury myself but it would free you up to look at the shiny stuff!

Old 01-20-10, 03:53 AM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

Kiddder is a glorious beacon of lightKiddder is a glorious beacon of lightKiddder is a glorious beacon of lightKiddder is a glorious beacon of lightKiddder is a glorious beacon of lightKiddder is a glorious beacon of light

Welcome Oh Shiny....nice to have another Irish leprechan on the forum....I mean...you know....Oh Shiny...O'shiny.....hey gimme a break I didn't name him.

Well any way, welcome....I know your from Wine country but there will be no whining here, OK?.....I mean....you know....wine...whine...hey, I can't help it if my baby sitter growing up was Rodney Dangerfield....get no respect I tell ya....

If 36 is "late in life" I am now really depressed, and far past my expiration date, I tell ya....(rim shot on the drums here)

I think if you manage a winery Sean, and haven't "hidden" behind a giant barrel O wine every time you made a mistake, there is little worry you will hide behind ADD....besides....you can stand on one foot, crouch down, turn sidways....we can still see you behind the ADD....hiding behind ADD is like closing your eyes and thinking no one else can see you.......wait, wait, wait, hold up....Sean? Sean Oh Shiny? Really? heh heh heh....now that IS good

What tha??....I spend all of 4 minutes making you feel at home, among friends, sentence by sentence, all the way through your post thinking surely by this time I would have you at ease...trusting.....were I could easily borrow some cash, and you wait till end to say your bad with money?....thanks dude...coulda said that up front, OK, theres 4 minutes I will never get back....

.......but oh well, enough about me.....what's really important Sean, is the REAL work behind our forum.....the charity. I know from just your one post you are the unselfish type who will gladly contribute to those less fortunate and so the sooner you wire transfer your new membership dues of 500.00 to my, um, the forum off shore account below the sooner you can enjoy the full spectrum of member advantages, as well as the satisfaction of knowing you made such a marked difference in my, um, an others life....ADD, membership has it's priviledges. ;oP

Ahhh something in common...a fellow athelete....are you like me and believe the "tri" in triathelon means the third time you ask yourself in the first mile "why am I doing this?"....you can stop? Yeah, me niether.

Sean....welcome....this forum is almost as good as the mental site I am allowed to visit here from Tuesdays from 1:00AM to 2:00AM....I am dealing with a "multiple personality" issues over here....seems none of my personalities have....um ...a personality. They tell me they can help me though.

Well....gotta go....see you next Tuseday between 1:00AM and 2:00AM.....please try to have your 500.00 new member dues wire transfered by then....I have a date with myself on my other forum....and I really want to make a good impression....take myself somewhere nice....

....note to self, double check med dosage to see if it was 1 tablet every 8 hours or 8 tablets every hour.....

......Sean....just kiddding....just look at me as the weird cousin nobody talks about.....when he is around....seriousely, glad your here....if I can help or advise in anyway, please just ask, we are all her to help and be helped.....clearly I fall under needing more of one than the other....but, none the less...if I can assist in any way I am here for you.....I will even give you the forum discount of 5.00 per question....OK....sorry....so tired....meds must be wearing off....

An important Irish saying or Sean Oh Shiny;

A man that can't laugh at himself should be given a mirror.

Jeff

“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” ~ Oscar Wilde
Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-10, 01:12 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 4,969 Times in 2,474 Posts
novagal has a brilliant futurenovagal has a brilliant futurenovagal has a brilliant futurenovagal has a brilliant futurenovagal has a brilliant futurenovagal has a brilliant futurenovagal has a brilliant futurenovagal has a brilliant futurenovagal has a brilliant futurenovagal has a brilliant futurenovagal has a brilliant future

Hi Sean, it's good to have you here!
Even if I didn't use it in the house?
- Bill Waterson (Calvin and Hobbes)